Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Gripe Site  (Read 103547 times)

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't find my choker cable for pulling logs with the wheeler.. it was about 6feet long cable with loops on the end.. it was the best thing I have ever found to pull logs with and other wheelers with. i'm sure it'll turn up right after replace it
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
We have hired one new employee that started yesterday and she is very grateful to get hired because her last employer didn't have a clue, didn't pay for :censored: and changed everyones schedule weekly.  We think that when she tells all of our old employees how lucky they are, that most will start to shape up     we hope.

If they don't turn around, now is a good time to flip them out and get new folks that are just happy to have a job and will bend over backwards for you. Everyone who still has a job should be doing everything they can to keep it.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
My gripe is that it's friggin nice outside, and I'm working!

That's it.

Dakids; I work with people like the employees you speak of. You could give them a hundred dollar bill, and they would complain 'cause it's wrinkled.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey, that was my gripe only good thing was I was working outside! Yup, I gave one employee a $1000/yr. raise and haven't heard an acknowledgement or a "thank-you" yet. Wanna bet he'd notice it if I took it away? :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I went to the E.R. for pains that turned out to be kidney stones. They shot me up full of stuff including morphine and gave me a CT scan. Well I don't have health insurance so I couldn't afford the medication to desolve them or afford any pain killers. Well I passed them naturally last week and it hurt like a MOTHER @#$@#&. Just got my hospital bill and it's over $6,000!!!
 My gripe isn't the pain or anything like that but it's that since I am a LEGAL citizen of the United States with a full time job I have to pay every last penny of my bill BUT if I was in this country illegaly like Obama's aunt I would have all of my hospital bills paid for by all of you hard working tax paying Americans.
 I think I'm going to apply for a Mexican citizenship and live off of all of you for the rest of my life. I'd have a retirement plan, kids would go to college for free, never pay taxes oh and if I ever need a organ transplant I get bumped up to the very top of the list no matter if I smoke, drink, do drugs or am 105 years old.......Oh what a beautiful life it would be! If the country ever told me I had to leave the country I would just ignore them just like president Obama's aunt has done after being told a 3rd time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:
 Ah I think I keep the red on my neck and keep working hard and obey the law because that's how I was raised. :USA:
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
That sucks BigE.

My little brother went 15k in the hole with gall bladder stone surgery w/out insurance. He quickly found a job that had insurance (instead of moving to Mexico and back).
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah I think I found some health insurance now that I can afford just incase those wonderful stones come back. 15k wow that really sucks!
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Man, I feel for you. Had a stone in my left kidney two years ago. Was a good thing though cause they did a CT and found cancer in my right kidney. But I will tell you, that little  :censored: :censored: :censored: stone was about the worse pain in my life.

And I agree with you on all the illegals gettin' taken care of. Makes me sick enough to see a doctor, but I can't afford it!! :whistling:
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I take back my gripe.. found my choker cable up at the land today.

If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
Oil falls to 46.00 a barrel today; but the station by my house
jumped .20 overnight. I just dont get it  :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 04/20/09, 02:33:11 PM by spuds »
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Ok, This my not sound like serious stuff to some of you, but it was to me. Yesterday we had a big wind storm blow in and I had the window open in my computer room open. I had Scotch Taped a small photo of Marie Osmond on the edge of my computer screen to remind me how pretty she is.

After I quickly closed the window I noticed that the picture was gone. I thought to myself  "don't worry Marie I will find you". Anyhow I never found her after searching the room. This morning when I got up I noticed the  :censored: cat (Max) chewing on something under the kitchen table. :taz: Do I need to explain more? My Marie was destroyed. :cry:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
ok, Was the pic of Marie before or after she lost weight? Either way
I would hit it! :rotflmao:

randy

PS.. sorry for your loss.....
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
ok, Was the pic of Marie before or after she lost weight? Either way
I would hit it! :rotflmao:

randy

PS.. sorry for your loss.....

:happybounce: Now that's just funny right there.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry Marie, These guys have no table manors and don't appreciate you in the same fashion as I do.

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I never said I would throw her out for eating crackers Lee.  :drinking:

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Marie is a true beauty regardless of size and age.   ;)  Always thought so, always will.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Crazy4Outdoors

• Outdoorsman
My gripe this morning is about people who litter!  Drives me nuts!  On my way in to work this morning, I followed a guy who ended up throwing his cigarette out the window -- that's littering, plain and simple.  Every spring, my husband and I take our kids a couple miles up and down our road and pick up the trash that everyone throws out, including couches, scrap metal, mailboxes, what-have-you!  Tires -- we "Get" to drag the mosquito-infested things up out of the ditch and load them onto OUR trailer and haul them to recycling.  A week later there was "new" garbage being tossed into that same ditch -- I don't understand why people can't just take care of their our garbage!!
Whew -- I think I'm done now!!

Offline Crazy4Outdoors

• Outdoorsman
 -- I don't understand why people can't just take care of their our garbage!!
I meant to say "their OWN garbage"!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
We are watching the national spelling bee championships tonight. One of the kids got kicked off because he misspelled:
Fawkinnae  :oops1:

Now if his dad would have purchased a Fawkinnae bumper sticker, t-shirt, can wrap, or one of the many Fawkinnae items in advance his son could have won the contest.  :taz:

http://www.fawkinnae.com/prod_bumper.html
« Last Edit: May 05/28/09, 09:47:08 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
My Gripe For The Day!

Well, the weather man has let me down again. As usual my town was forecasted to have heavy rain with thunder storms for 3 days in a row this last week. That was just what I wanted to hear so I could mop up on the night crawlers. I fixed up multiple crawler condos in advance so as to be ready for the new tenants'. Three weeks ago I gathered up 300 crawlers, but the first season heavy rains only provide med size crawlers.

The jumbos have fattened up by now and are just waiting to be gathered up with the arrival of some heavy duty storms. Anyhow, as fate would have it the multiple storms were heading in my direction. As soon as it looked like we were just about to get clobbered it seemed like Moses held out his staff and spread the blackened skies over my area. This remarkable phenomenon repeated it's self for three days straight.

Thus, there I sit waiting for the next go around having gathered zero crawlers with three beautiful empty crawler condos waiting for the next set of storms forecasted for the end of this week. I sure hope Moses won't be in the area this time.

Anyhow that's my gripe and thanks for listening.

Hey! Here's a novel Idea! Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination. :scratch:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Everyone is upset about the gas prices. :taz:  Some things that still amaze me are that when the speed limit is 55 mph folks still go about 60 mph. That's just our nature,OK. However you best stay in the right lane at 60 mph. In my area 70% of the drivers are going 65 to 70 and will ride your :moon:  if your not going 10 to 15 mph over the limit.

The same people that are bitchin about the gas prices are running 70 mph and over. Wouldn't one figure they could just leave home a tad earlier and save on gas mileage?

Another pet peeve is the stations with the highest prices still attract customers when the area competition is much lower. I don't get it?

I've got a friend that delivers gas and he say's he delivers the same exact gas to lots of various brand stations.

Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination. :scratch:

« Last Edit: March 03/06/11, 06:07:08 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
I hope to buy a toyota tomorrow and put my F-150 up for sale, Cant afford to drive the truck anymore.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya! My Rover gets around 11/gal in the city in the winter.....I have to run premium in it too. It's KILLING ME!! I love the rig but can't really afford to use it as a daily driver. It is the best off-road vehicle I've ever owned. I'm trying to convince the wife to buy a rocket to go to work and such but she's not buying in so far. I'd like to keep the Rover as a weekend warrior for hunting/fishing/family vacay, etc. We'll see what happens.....I think we're being rooked anyways, too bad we are all slaves to oil barrens, an unsettling reality of modern times.
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya! My Rover gets around 11/gal in the city in the winter.....I have to run premium in it too. It's KILLING ME!! I love the rig but can't really afford to use it as a daily driver. It is the best off-road vehicle I've ever owned. I'm trying to convince the wife to buy a rocket to go to work and such but she's not buying in so far. I'd like to keep the Rover as a weekend warrior for hunting/fishing/family vacay, etc. We'll see what happens.....I think we're being rooked anyways, too bad we are all slaves to oil barrens, an unsettling reality of modern times.

And you laugh at my rocket....
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I had this email sent to me and not sure if it would work or not, but it said something to the effect that Exxon and Mobile are the world largest suppliers.  If everyone stopped buying gas from the stations they supply it would reduce the price.  It also said don't buy gas from them until the price hits $2 a gal.  I usually buy gas from Sinclair at least then I know it's not coming from the middle east and the people who hate us.  But I'm not an expert but it makes sense in the laws of supply and demand.  But I'm also guessing without those companies their wouldn't be enough supply so it's probably just one of those BS emails.  But I still try and not buy oil from the middle east if I can help it.
« Last Edit: March 03/08/11, 03:04:57 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
makes sense to me general. heres the thing, i dont buy gas very often from superamerica either for a different reason. buy gas where you feel its right but go ahead support the owners of these stores thru your pop, bait and other goodies purhases.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I had this email sent to me and not sure if it would work or not, but it said something to the effect that Exxon and Mobile are the world largest suppliers.  If everyone stopped buying gas from the stations they supply it would reduce the price.  It also said don't buy gas from them until the price hits $2 a gal.  I usually buy gas from Sinclair at least then I know it's not coming from the middle east and the people who hate us.  But I'm not an expert but it makes sense in the laws of supply and demand.  But I'm also guessing without those companies their wouldn't be enough supply so it's probably just one of those BS emails.  But I still try and not buy oil from the middle east if I can help it.
Schmittys in Atwater??
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
Stations in Minnesota can't lower their prices just because people aren't buying their gas. Minnesota has a minimum gas price law that says all stations must charge at least 8 cents per gallon more than the wholesale price of a gallon of gas. This keeps large chains like Walmart from dropping their price low enough to drive the independent franchise guy out of business.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, as much as we complain, there isnt anything we can do about gas prices.  Just like groceries and anything else everyone uses.
I hate paying $3.50 for a gallon of gas, but if you think about it (glass half full).  For those who have a fuel efficient vehicle, you pay $3.50 to go 30 miles isnt such a bad deal.....  :scratch:  IDK, thats kinda how I see it, but I am lucky to get 20MPG in my SUV.