Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Gripe Site  (Read 106320 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
heres another angle, consider what you pay for a bottle of water, or pop, or powerade then figure out what a gallon would cost! i know we dont need the stuff to run our vehicles, but...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: still when every time ya turn around the news is saying new record profits for oil companies........Grrrrrrrrrr! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: good thing there using them profits for further exploration! :puke: :puke: :puke:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
No  :censored:  I think the same way.  I got more out of a gallon of gas, that I do a gallon of milk, and they are the same prices. 
But yeah - 'exploration'  :bs:  I suppose alot of it is Govt regulation of where they can and cannot explore and drill or mine or whatever else they do.   :coffee:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Profit margins.  Gov. does a great job on taxing gas.  Oil companies do a great job on their limited profit and increased gov. restrictions.   :whistling:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, as much as we complain, there isnt anything we can do about gas prices.  Just like groceries and anything else everyone uses.
I hate paying $3.50 for a gallon of gas, but if you think about it (glass half full).  For those who have a fuel efficient vehicle, you pay $3.50 to go 30 miles isnt such a bad deal.....  :scratch:  IDK, thats kinda how I see it, but I am lucky to get 20MPG in my SUV.

Sad to think that a country of our size and stature cannot do much about it.  Nothing like squeezing every nickel and dime out of us.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :banghead:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

PRICE OF GAS AROUND THE WORLD

Prices are quoted in US dollars per gallon for regular unleaded as of March 2011

Oslo, Norway $6.82

Hong Kong$6.25

Brussels, Belgium $6.16

London, UK $5.96

Rome, Italy $5.80

CANADA $5.36

Tokyo, Japan $5.25

Sao Paul o , Brazil $4.42

New Delhi, India $3.71

Sidney, Australia $3.42

Johannesburg , South Africa $3.39

Mexico City$2.22

Buenos Aires, Argentina $2.09
 ... YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS ....

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia $0.09

Kuwait $0.08

Caracas, Venezuela $0.12

Gee, if only the U.S.  was an oil producing nation.....   
 Hey, wait a minute!!!  We are, what the hell happened!! :taz:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                           Here's my gripe for the day :popcorn:

After a slow hot summer with the guiding business the phone starts jumping off the hook with the great Fall weather. I manged to book some nice trips almost daily and things were looking up. Monday I took out some repeat clients and mid morning my motor wouldn't start. We could smell something like burning wire. I figured I'd make it back to the dock with the electric but, that was dead to. We called the water saftey patroll for a tow and they were done for the season :taz:. There were no boats in sight to tow us :banghead:

Another fisherman came along after about a half hour and towed us back to the dock. Now the next problem was that the power tilt and trim was dead. Therefore I can't pull the boat up the ramp without tearing up the prop and lower unit. I called a marine dealer that's about 20 miles down the road and he sent a guy down to help out. He got the motor to tilt up after replacing a burnt fuse. The motor its self has a mess of burnt wires and a bad voltage regulator. This is the damage seen so far. After they dig deeper I'm sure they will find more damage. So, they don't have the parts in stock and you know how that goes some times.

I was so pissed off that I left everything in my boat. I know that's not smart but, I just had it with everything and couldn't wait to get the  :censored: away from the whole mess. They did say they will lock up the boat.

I had to call my booked trips and give them the bad news :cry:. I guess that's the end of my season the way it looks. I am sending back all the trip deposits as we speak. The old saying
"A boat is just a hole in the water that you just keep throwing money into" is so true!

When you use your rig as much as most guides do, you better be ready for the heartaches that go with it. Once more the small profits for the year get eaten up. Borgie ( :queen: ) keeps telling me to throw in the towel on the guide service but, for some reason it gives me a sense of purpose and enjoyment seeing my clients enjoy a day on the water with Lee.

:sorry: But, I just felt I had a gripe coming today :taz: and I had to cut loose.

Lee
« Last Edit: October 10/05/11, 09:49:01 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sorry:  for your troubles.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I had the same thing happen three years ago.  New voltage regulator, starter, alternator and the boat still will not start. It has spent more time in the shop than on the water.  I pick it up they say its ready to go.  NOT!!! It is dead in the water and it looks like I may have to tow it to get is out in two weeks.  I had a long weekend planned last weekend with a trip up to Leech lake.  Instead I screwed around with this tub and still could not get it to start without assistance of a battery charger.  I had the battery tested yesterday.  It's fine.  This boat is about to become an artificial reef. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
DDS and LEE, in a word that sucks. I feel for both of ya. I to have boat problems but on a much smaller scale than both of you but I can still get out and fish. New trailer tires that I bought just two season ago, one tire is bald already. My graph died a few trips out ago, Won't turn off and changes screens when it wants to. My favorite reel is worn out, have to push the thumb bar up after every cast, come home with a sore thumb that takes a day to feel better. To late in the season to buy a new reel and graph and I am just hoping I don't get a flat. I was lucky when my motor went bad, It just flat blew it up. Electrical problems seem to be never ending and these days a lot of the shops just keep throwing parts at the problem hoping they find the right fix.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Very sorry to hear of you boat troubles Lee. Hope they turn out to be at least slightly less serious than they sound like they are. I'm guessing your other boat is not up to the task of providing a guide worthy vessel on Lake Geneva. Best of luck getting things up and running.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
that sucks. I hate mechanical problems where I have to put myself at the mercy of a trained mechanic and their integrity.  good thing beer is still available.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Today's gripes - it took me an hour 45 minutes to get to work which normally takes a half an hour but I have done it in 20 minutes. Then I get here and my boss gives me "a few" changes on a document - 2.5 hours and 20 changes later, Im done. He might as well just do it himself next time.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
It has been way too hot for deer hunting or preserving the flesh I mean. I have not been around for awhile and I miss you people. I have no way of posting my big fish photos because the reader wont work on this old commodore 64. There, I am done gripin' now.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey! Here's a novel Idea! Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination.  

:banghead:  Hi gripe site fans training-087

Long time no gripes so let me get the ball rolling here. Two weeks ago Borgie and I drove up to Linn Township to purchase my season boat launch pass sticker ($100.00). Then we decided to ride down to the launch area for a pre season peek. Unfortunately we found the road to the launch was blocked off. When we got back home after a 3 hr. round trip I called the township clerks office to find out what was going on at the boat launch area.

Well it seems that the pier is not in yet (it's always in before this time). Also the launch area is being repaved. It will be shut down from May 7th----May 17th if all goes well. Lots of unhappy fisherman to say the least. We had early ice out in southern Wisconsin so that was not the problem. Why couldn't someone have told me this when I was purchasing my $100.00 season boat launch pass.
« Last Edit: May 05/08/13, 10:32:39 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
was working on a deal for a used gun.. why do people think their used firearm is worth as much as a new firearm? really.. you bought it.. you fired it.. it's used.. 20$ off retail isn't worth it. because you used it. geesh
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                       :banghead: Gas prices skyrocket! :taz:

May 15, 2013

The Holiday station at the intersection of Highway 371 and Excelsior Drive in Baxter shows the price of unleaded gas at $4.15 Wednesday, reflecting the rising price of gas across the state. For more photos go to spotted.brainerddispatch.com.
 Advertisement
Gas prices shot up past $4 in the Brainerd lakes area Wednesday, hitting that threshold where many motorists blanch at the sticker shock on the pump.

Gail Weinholzer of AAA said reduced capacity due to closures of two large refineries in Chicago was the main culprit in the price surge.

And surge it did. Gas prices rose by as much as 30
cents Wednesday.

The last time gas prices of $4 were common was in June of 2008, during some of the darkest days of the Great Recession. The average prices during that June five years ago topped out at $3.99.

Weinholzer said the high gas prices could hang around until July.

That’s not likely to be welcome news for anyone with a sizable commute, those who drive for work, or businesses transporting goods or those who may see consumers cut back as they see their gasoline bills rise.

Michael Green of AAA reported Monday the national average gas price for regular unleaded was $3.58, which represented an increase of six cents from the previous week. It represented the largest weekly increase since February.

“Gas prices at this time last year were falling consistently and would eventually decline 82 out of 87 days for a total of 61 cents from April 6 to July 2,” Green wrote in the AAA’s Fuel Gauge Report. “By comparison, the national average this year has increased for eight straight days to the highest price in more than a month.”

Prices around the Brainerd and Baxter area ranged from $3.79 to $4.19 Wednesday.

Monday AAA reported the top 10 most expensive state averages for gasoline. The list started with Hawaii at $4.35, California and Alaska at $4.04. Minnesota was ranked seventh with a price of $3.84. North Dakota was ranked ninth at $3.78.

The top 10 list included perhaps expected states of Hawaii and Alaska, along with the West Coast, besides Minnesota and North Dakota, the other states were Illinois, Indiana and Michigan.

On Monday the national average was 21 cents below the then peak 2013 price of $3.79 on Feb. 27.

In 2011, AAA reported the national average for regular unleaded gasoline peaked at $3.98 on May 5. In 2012, the price peaked at $3.94 on April 5 and 6.

“While higher crude oil prices have put upward pressure on retail gasoline prices across the country, it has been tight supplies and refinery maintenance — both planned and unplanned — in Midcontinent and West Coast that has squeezed prices substantially higher for drivers in those regions,” Green stated.

The Holiday station at the intersection of Highway 371 and Excelsior Drive in Baxter shows the price of unleaded gas at $4.15 Wednesday, reflecting the rising price of gas across the state.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
4.19 here today, that comes out to 147.00 to fill my tank. You want to see a tourist killer? there ya go
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gas prices are all your fault lee............... :whistling: :whistling: news said because 2 refineries in the midwest......one in indiana and one near chicago are shut down for major repairs. :banghead: :banghead: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, they said they could be closed all summer..... I think that's just an excuse.  In 2008 prices were this high at $4+ and the stock markets were crashing, now the markets are surging to all time highs and gas is back to $4'+ ... hmmm.... I don't get it.

:banghead: What is next $5....

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
if only there were an oil source in a neighboring state that could give some relief.. oh ya.. that's right north dakota has oil.. what happened to that.   for the first time with the wifes new equinox we're running E85.. it's almost 2$ cheeper a gallon.. at that math it makes sense .. now my truck is a different story

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Its amazing how E-85 changes throughout the state, outside of the city its still cheap and makes sense, but here in the city, E-85 is only about 30-40cents cheaper than Regular Unleaded.  At the station down the street E-85 is still 3.89.....  :scratch:

I guess Ethanol is cheaper where the corn is actually growing....

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
This is not good for my business. I burn a half tank of gas in the car every day when I'm guiding not to mention the boat gas. My clients have to drive up to the lake and back to meet me. That adds to the expense of their trip also besides my guide fee.

Very bad Very bad! :banghead:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  It's good to be back to work after a week of fun golfing.  Lucky for me the Minnesota Department of Transportation's funding for a new road project came in early.  Now the LAST bit of the only part of north side, east- west traffic will also have lane closures everyday for the next 5 months.  Highway 36 completely shut down.  Hwy 96 blocked off.  694 lane restrictions from Woodbury to Hw 35w.  The new project on 694 picks up at 35w and continues to Brooklyn Center.  MinnDot has no suggestions for an alternate route BECAUSE THERE ISN'T ONE!!!!!    :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :censored: :censored: :banghead: :banghead:   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                  SOMEONE HAS DONE A HEROIC JOB OF INFORMING

I'll bet my gripe is your gripe to :popcorn:

It's easy to dismiss individual programs that benefit non-citizens until they're put together and this picture emerges.

Someone did a lot of research to put together all of this data. Often these programs are buried within other programs making them difficult to find. Great bit of Information.

A RealEye Opener

WHY is the USA BANKRUPT?

Read this: :coffee: ......

We have been hammered with the propaganda that it was the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us.

I hope the following 11reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them.

I also Have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.

$11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments. Verify At:

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecenters7fd8

$22 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps,WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. Verify At:

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.HTML

$2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens. Verify at:

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.HTML

$12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English! Verify At:

http://transcripts.CNN.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt...0.HTML

$17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

Verify At:

http://transcripts.CNN.com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML

$3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. Verify At:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/%20TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML

30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens. Verify At:

http://transcripts.CNN..com/TRANscriptS/0604/01/ldt..01.HTML

$90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & Social Services by the American taxpayers. Verify At:

http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.HTML

$200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal Aliens. Verify At:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRI

In 2006, illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances to their Countries of origin. Verify At:.

http://www/.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes committed by illegal immigrants in the United States. Verify At:

http: // www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

M
The total cost is a whopping...

338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR

AND IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY;

IT IS $ 338,300,000,000.00 WHICH WOULD BE ENOUGH TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY FOR THE CITIZENS OFTHIS COUNTRY.

Are we THAT Stupid?

YES, FOR ALLOWING THOSE in THE U.S.

CONGRESS to GET AWAY WITH DOING THIS

YEAR AFTER YEAR!!!!!

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
The president won't sign off on the pipeline. :bs:

Gas prices are on the rise. :banghead:

Because of constant environmental restrictions on coal. Electricity costs projected to go up 80 percent. :sick:

Last but not least: The snow plow just went by and blocked my driveway after I just cleaned it!  :taz:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The president won't sign off on the pipeline. :bs:

Gas prices are on the rise. :banghead:

Because of constant environmental restrictions on coal. Electricity costs projected to go up 80 percent. :sick:

Last but not least: The snow plow just went by and blocked my driveway after I just cleaned it!  :taz:
based on this post......you must be a good union member!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :Clap: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                                        My gripe for the day!

The Superbowl

After preparing a large endless feast of assorted Superbowl goodies, including a variety of adult beverages it was now time. Mother nature had also decided it was also time! The phone started to jump off the hook prior to kickoff with individuals complaining about the blizzard warnings and warnings to stay off the roads.

Well, so much for the company that we expected. We figured it was to be expected since the warnings were coming in left and right about accidents and pile-ups. We wound up with 19.5 inches of the white stuff.

All was not lost since we still got to see 1/2 of a great football game. Yes I did say 1/2. As soon as half time ended Comcast went on the fritz in our whole area and we had no TV. They did manage to get it back up and running 30 minutes after the game ended.

Hey! Here's a novel Idea! Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination. 

Many BWCA Reports

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I gotta gripe!!!!!! we got all kinds of brown grass showing!!!!!! :censored: :censored: :banghead:

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
                                        My gripe for the day!

The Superbowl

After preparing a large endless feast of assorted Superbowl goodies, including a variety of adult beverages it was now time. Mother nature had also decided it was also time! The phone started to jump off the hook prior to kickoff with individuals complaining about the blizzard warnings and warnings to stay off the roads.

Well, so much for the company that we expected. We figured it was to be expected since the warnings were coming in left and right about accidents and pile-ups. We wound up with 19.5 inches of the white stuff.

All was not lost since we still got to see 1/2 of a great football game. Yes I did say 1/2. As soon as half time ended Comcast went on the fritz in our whole area and we had no TV. They did manage to get it back up and running 30 minutes after the game ended.

Should have had the chevy warmed up and streamed it like the commercial. :doah: