Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Gripe Site  (Read 103405 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been seeing lots of boats on the road.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Lots of outfitters in Ely and Gunflint area depend on supplying Paddlers/campers with equipment to enter da Canadian Quetico waters. Looks like dat's gunna be a huge problem dis year wit da new boarder regs.   :pouty:
« Last Edit: March 03/31/20, 12:04:56 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 While sitting in da cabin up in ely on vacation dis yr. we have da radio on a lot. Fur years all we could get was WELY. Da music day play is all stuff dat ya never heard of and is horrid. :embarrassed: I would venture ta say it sounds like stupid crap! Dis year a new addition was added for our listening pleasure. It was MPR.
I never heard such crap in my life! :moon: You guys I'm sure are familiar wit dis station I would assume. Man day lean so far left on all issues it's annoying. Much of it is about racial bayous wit guest interviews and discussions.  :puke:
« Last Edit: July 07/23/20, 08:37:38 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i listen to MPR when i'm on the road for work on my long trips..........i kinda agree but still interesting to listen to occasionally.

so Lee how big of a donation did you send them!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
i listen to MPR when i'm on the road for work on my long trips..........i kinda agree but still interesting to listen to occasionally.

so Lee how big of a donation did you send them!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I sent dem two turds of of everyting I got!... I'm savin da last turd fur anyone da makes fun of my posts  :angry2:

Two Turds

:moon:

« Last Edit: July 07/23/20, 10:05:36 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Wisconsin public radio is better. They have less politics and some pretty good shows about wildlife/nature, home improvement, gardening, and some other useful stuff.

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I really like audio books for long trips.   The news and some of them are just more than I can take.  They get old in about 1/2 second.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
You’re right about the audio books. I drive a lot on some fairly long trips, and listening to talk radio or the same music over and over gets old. It’s really easy to download the audio books and there are a lot of good ones.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

I sent dem two turds of of everyting I got!... I'm savin da last turd fur anyone da makes fun of my posts  :angry2:

Two Turds

:moon:

:scratch: Did I ever tell ya dat before we moved out of Chicago :sad: We lived on turdy turd and turd street. :blues brothers: Der was only tree of us den.
« Last Edit: July 07/24/20, 12:55:39 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Has anyone ever told you your full of turds. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Has anyone ever told you your full of turds. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

:blues brothers: Actually yer da Turd poyson ta tell me dat! :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/25/20, 07:52:43 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Why can't they just admit that they screwed it up!
Sunday noon I got an email from Menards indicating that my "special" order railings have been received in "full" at the store.  I went there Monday morning to pick it up.  The order was packaged on a pallet and a quick count indicated it had 19 posts instead of the 20 on my order. 

(#1 - Deflection, "not my problem")
Understandably the guy helping load the parts had no explanation why the count was off.

(#2 -Put the blame on me).
I went back to the the pickup desk and the girl looked it up and said I only ordered 19 and proceeded to print out the order to prove it. I had my copy from when I order it and it had 20 on it.  She had no explanation how or why they were different.

(#3 - Cause confusing by adding another transaction and saying the I did it to myself).
 I then went to the department Manager who looked it up and said that Sunday evening one post was returned and credit was applied to my form of payment.

(#4 - Back track and change story).  After telling the mgr that IF I picked up ONE post, why would anyone do this, and then returned it, wouldn't there be some record of me picking it up.

(#5 - When caught in a lie, change story again). After being unable to show me documentation of this phantom transaction, the story changed to it was damaged so another one was order to replace it.  I then said, let me see the damaged one as maybe I could use it in someplace out of the way.  After searching, calling he said there wasn't a damaged one.

(#6 - When caught in a second lie, change to something I can't dispute like maybe come clean).  Now the story changed to having only received 19 from the shipper who said they brought all 20.  He said not to worry because the now admitted missing post has been back ordered and is scheduled to be here on August 2th.

(#7 - Offer help).  The Mgr did check and found a post in another store.  However, I didn't feel like making a 100 mile round trip for one post.

I shouldn't be this hard.   :angry2:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i hear ya deadeye.........when we built that shed at the cabin, they got 2 garage doors from Menards.........and they had to drive all the way back because they misplaced 2 of the door panels!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
It does seem like some of the big box stores are having a little difficulty getting into this new fangled ecommerce.   I still think of Menards with the old joke from a friend of mine...   "The definition of a circle is three Menards two by fours laying on the ground."

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What is it about those folks that think they can just make stuff up?   :confused:

Is it part of their on-board training videos?
 :angry2:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
What is it about those folks that think they can just make stuff up?   :confused:

Expediency or laziness.   Tell you something, anything, to make you go away and stop bothering them...

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Expediency or laziness.   Tell you something, anything, to make you go away and stop bothering them...

My folks didn't raise me that way.  My schools didn't teach me that.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

My folks didn't raise me that way.  My schools didn't teach me that.

And you not working at Menards for $15 an hour....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Usually when I go to Menards, Home Depot, where ever I like to ask the guys in the department what would they use?  A few weeks ago in I Falls I asked who the best electrical person was.  The nice younger woman in the electrical dept. said he isn't there today.  I said well I need the two outdoor plug in enclosures for my mound system alarm and I am not sure what I need.  She said we can not give you any advice on what to buy.  I said well I came here to get some help on what to buy.  She gave me the names and cards of 3 or 4 electricians in the Falls area so I could call them to find out......   You have to be sh---ng me!  I threw them away when I got home.  Geez!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea LPS, I learned a long time ago when going in them places you need to know what you need cause they ain't much help. :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Usually when I go to Menards, Home Depot, where ever I like to ask the guys in the department what would they use?  A few weeks ago in I Falls I asked who the best electrical person was.  The nice younger woman in the electrical dept. said he isn't there today.  I said well I need the two outdoor plug in enclosures for my mound system alarm and I am not sure what I need.  She said we can not give you any advice on what to buy.  I said well I came here to get some help on what to buy.  She gave me the names and cards of 3 or 4 electricians in the Falls area so I could call them to find out......   You have to be sh---ng me!  I threw them away when I got home.  Geez!!!
How close is the nearest L & M Supply, LPS? We never have those issues at the 1 in GR. Everyone is always very helpful & if the person your talkin to doesn't know the answer they'll go get the person who does. Another reason why we rarely go to town without stopping there besides them having everything or are able to get it for you. Most everything is fairly priced too. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
How close is the nearest L & M Supply, LPS? We never have those issues at the 1 in GR. Everyone is always very helpful & if the person your talkin to doesn't know the answer they'll go get the person who does. Another reason why we rarely go to town without stopping there besides them having everything or are able to get it for you. Most everything is fairly priced too. :happy1: :cool:
yea i really like the L & M store in rapids. i usually dream up something when i'm in grand rapids to stop in there!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I really like L&M.  I have spent thousands there and I am not kidding.  Snowmobile trailers, Honda generator, sausage stuffer, brush mower for the tractor, etc.  Love the place.  Some years they have sold our Lindell Ice Rigs too.  SO ask when you are there when they will have them in stock for winter. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry, are you going to see if the new Tractor Supply Company in Roseau will sell your rigs? I wonder if they have an outdoor section?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good idea I will check them out.  Thanks  Always looking for new dealers.  Part of the fun. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: They are in the old Shopko building. Just opened this week.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh good to see that building being used.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there is supposed to be a runnings going in a former shopko building on the east side of st cloud just off hwy 10. wish they would of picked the shopko building on the west end of town.  :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
there is supposed to be a runnings going in a former shopko building on the east side of st cloud just off hwy 10. wish they would of picked the shopko building on the west end of town.  :pouty:
:violin: :violin: :cry: :cry:                   :tut: :rolleyes: :whistling: :evil:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon