Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Gripe Site  (Read 103473 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Hey! Here's a novel Idea! Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination. >:(
« Last Edit: May 05/21/06, 03:55:29 PM by smallmouthguide »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ok, so let me start the gripe site off.

My gripe was today when at the bank drive up window. I sent my deposit in the vacuum tube to the window teller. Then this guy pulls up to the next window with the boom box blasting and windows down. The teller got on the speaker to tell me something and I told her "I cant hear you".

I figured something was wrong with my deposit ticket, but I can't hear anything she says on the second try. So I yelled over politely to the guy to turn down the music since I cant hear the teller. He turns and stares at me saying nothing with the music still blasting. The teller sends back my checks and deposit ticket and I fixed my error and sent it back.

Meanwhile the cashier was trying to talk to the radio dude thru the speaker so he had to turn down his radio so HE could hear her. What a moron this guy was. He's lucky he pulled out quickly, since I was just gunna send my wife over there stomp his head. ;)
« Last Edit: May 05/20/06, 10:07:47 PM by smallmouthguide »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
!if this is going to be the standard for this forum, this is going to be funnier then the sunday comics.  keep up the good humor, the world needs more of it.  :laugh:  :laugh: ;D
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
ok, how about just an hour ago... ?I pull up to the verizon store on CR42 in Apple Valley, go up to the door, locked. ?two guys sitting in there, one was helping a lady still, the other just sitting there. ?On the door it says open til 8pm. I look at my clock on the cell phone, 7:59 pm. ?He say they are closed, I point to the time and say I just need a new car/cig lighter charger... he just waves BYE-BYE to me. ?Well F him and someone is going to get a nasty poor customer support call on monday. ?What a JO.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
BFG,

The same thing happened to me at Austads Golf, I pulled up about 5 minutes before closing and the door was locked, a couple employees were inside, so i knocked on the door, they sat and looked at me for a minute or 2. Finally they come to the door and yelled through that they were closed, I yelled back that it was 5 minutes to. I never did get in, but the next day i went in at a busy time for them and told the manager about the incident in front of about 10 customers. He offered me a discount and some other stuff, but at that time I stopped listening and told myself I would never go back.

They lost a good customer and the manager knew it, he knew who I was and how much money I spent in that store. To this day I have not been back. This was a little over a year ago.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
After yesterday I was getting prepared for a topic called the BIG D as in divorce.

The divorce is done and final. I was awarded the 42 acres, have to cut her a 5 digit check and take over some outstanding medical and credit card bills I didn't know about. She was supposed to be of the property by Nov. 30 of 2005.

She hasn't moved yet (I'm going to have to have her evicted) Yesterday I went over there with a friend knowing she wouldn't be there because of her mothers birthday. What I found was a garage that had the two sliding doors removed. It was then pushed over with my skid loader still inside.

The 30 x 45 pole shed I built 4 yrs ago had the door stops removed so they could be pulled off, which also caused a couple gashes in the tin.

The skid loader had four flat tires due to what appearred to be slashes from a knife. All the hydaulic hoses from the skid and it's attachments had been removed. I would guess that the sugar might need to be drained from the gas tank also.

Now to the barn about ten yrs ago the hayloft had the floor joists and flooring replaced. Yep that has all been ripped out leaving the barn within a slight breeze of coming down. Oh not to mention the bale conveyor had been taken out also.

The other shed that is 15 x 45 that I insulated and put osb on the inside has had the OSB taken off, the insulation taken out and thrown all over the lawn. The wiring I had done to that building had been cut once between each wall stud and the wood stove and refridge in there are gone. Not to mention my tool chest shelving and other things.

Now to things that have dissappeared piles of wood fence posts, t-posts, miles of brand new barbed wire, a pile of pole shed tin about mid thigh high, traps, a mountainous pile of 2 x 4's and 2 x 6's. This list can go on.

And how was your day >:( Yes first thing tomorrow I am getting ahold of my attorney.

Thats my only gripe.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Uffda? >:( >:( >:(.

THAT SUX GRIZ.? I sure am glad that I refused to budge. Mine left me instead? :D.? I suppose I will have to pay her a pile to get rid of her, but at least my farm is still intact!!!

SMG - If I start gripping about my mother-in-law on here, I'll smoke this keyboard :o.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking by the time this is over she'll owe me money or be in jail. Anyway it does suck but I keep my sanity by remembering no matter how bad things are someone else has it worse.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline SoHawk

• Outdoorsman
Griz;
Stick to your guns, Buddy! looks like she dug herself a BIG hole this time.  Remember, it's only stuff and it can be replaced.  My divorce was three years long, cost me into the 5 digits, and I lost a pile of stuff but I got custody of the kids so I won!   ;D lemme know when we can hook up and you can tell me all about it over  a beer.  :)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Hawk ya were right when ya said be patient and let them dig thier own hole of demise. I just didn't realize she would do such a marvelous job. ;D
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Griz that is one hell of a brutal story. I am really sorry to hear of your situation. And  I'm sorry to hear that there's someone out there who thinks - what you described - was a good idea. Seems reasonable to think you might get some of your money back. It's got to be hard though to see someone you once cared about turn so hateful.

Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Fawkinnae

This was not really a surprise to me, thats why I had the place video taped shortly after I  had to move out, when it was still in good shape.

The funny part is she called me up on my way home from work tonight. She asked if I wanted to go to a party with her this W/E to try and work things out. I said " No, I don't trust you and does it look like I have stupid written on my forehead."

It's been 2 yrs and all I want to do is move on with my life.

NOW SOMEONE ELSE MUST HAVE A GRIPE ABOUT SOMETHING EVEN IF IT'S THAT YOUR WIFE CAN'T LEAVE THE TOILET SEAT UP. ;D GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. ;D ;D
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
American Idol >:(

Katharine McPhee should have won :'(

http://www.idolonfox.com/videos/?vid=392

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/27/06, 09:07:52 PM by smallmouthguide »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
In June the hinged lid blew off my $36.00 Igloo cooler in route to the lake. Attached to the lid was my custom built work station including clippers on retractable cable...stainless pliers in holster.. 2 worm blowers (velcroed on)... fish counter clicker and hook sharpener stone. Value total of $35.00

I called Igloo and I ordered a replacement lid and it was $9.00 for the lid and $9.00 for shipping so I said ok send it. I left the lidless cooler on the patio.

We then left for a 3 week vacation to the Boundary Waters.? My son stopped at the house weekly to cut the lawn and the neighbor fed the cat and took the mail.

When we returned I saw that Igloo delivered the lid and of course it's the wrong one. I went out to the patio to get the lidless cooler and it was gone.

After some research I discovered that my son thought it was useless garbage so he threw it out.

$36.00 cooler gone
$35.00 custom work station tools gone
$? 9.00 new lid wasted
$? 9.00 shipping wasted
$36.00 cooler replacement cost
$35.00 custom work station tools replacement cost
? ? ? ? ?
$160.00 TOTAL LOSS

Thanks for listening to my gripe! ;)

Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, gas prices, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination.?
« Last Edit: July 07/30/06, 03:32:02 AM by smallmouthguide »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
back in the day when i was still drinking! I made a few mistakes one was with my taxes  :o . Yes i said taxes so i went to see old uncle SAM. Not a very forgiving S.O.B.  but i knew the answer i would call one of them high priced tax lawyers. I found JK Harris in the book and on T.V. So i ran over and you guessed it they promised me the moon. everthing i wanted to hear.Now I'm not totally stupid he's a lawyers so he gets paid to lie I know. So i only believed half of what he said and figured that it would still be worth it. So i gave that piece of s$%# $4,000 and off we went its been allmost 2 years now he said it would take 4 months. So i just got my final letter from Sammy And i saved  $0.00 thats wright they took 4 grand and did nothing!!!

If i had all day i could tell you how bad they really are. I made the prob i know and ill pay for it but who could hit a man when he's at his lowest I'll tell you   JK Harris thats who
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Subject: English

Remember this at voting time.?

38 SENATORS VOTED TODAY AGAINST MAKING ENGLISH THE? OFFICIAL? LANGUAGE OF AMERICA.? HERE THEY ARE.? ?ALL DEMOCRATS!? (They would prefer that we speak French or Russian, perhaps.)

REMEMBER THIS THE DAY YOU VOTE.

? Akaka (D-HI)
? Bayh (D-IN)
? Biden (D-DE)
? Bingaman (D-NM)
? Boxer (D-CA)

? Cantwell (D-WA)? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? Clinton (D-NY)
? Dayton (D-MN)
? Dodd (D-CT)
? Domenici (R-NM)
? Durbin (D-IL)?

? Feingold (D-WI)? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? Feinstein (D-CA)
? Harkin (D-IA)
? Inouye (D-HI)
? Jeffords (I-VT)
? Kennedy (D-MA)
? Kerry (D-MA)
? Kohl (D-WI)
? Lautenberg (D-NJ)
? Leahy (D-VT)
? Levin (D-MI)
? Lieberman (D-CT)
? Menendez (D-NJ)
? Mikulski (D-MD)
? Murray (D-WA)
? Obama (D-IL)
? Reed (D-RI)? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

? Reid (D-NV)
? Salazar (D-CO)
? Sarbanes (D-MD)
? Schumer (D-NY)
? Stabenow (D-MI)
? Wyden (D-OR)

PLEASE PASS THIS ON.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 :-[ >:( DOMENICI (R-N.M.) IS A REP. BUT IT IS STILL SAD! >:( you dont lika my language, mova outa! >:(
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Friday 9/22 Arrived 5:00 am at boat launch observing mild lightning flashes to the North and West. I unhooked the boat ready for launch figuring to wait and see what the weather was going to do.

My clients arrived at 5:30 am and seemed plenty jittery about the weather conditions.
They said they don't want to fish in the lighting and I assured them that I won't launch until it passed the area. I had the weather radio on and it said it was going to pass over and it was mainly to the north.

I explained that standard procedure is to wait it out for an hour to see if it clears before throwing in the towel. These guys were feeding off each other saying repeatedly that they didn't want to get fried.

I assured them that I would not take them out in unsafe conditions so let's wait it out a while. After a whole 15 minutes they decided that waiting was not an option an cancelled and left. >:(

I was not in the best of moods since it cost me a half tank of gas and 3 hrs round trip driving. Went home and looked at the radar and saw that it all passed the area within 15 minutes and my clients couldn't wait that long. >:(

Thanks for listening to my gripe!? ;)

*** Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, gas prices, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination.

« Last Edit: September 09/29/06, 06:53:21 AM by smallmouthguide »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline A-Rod

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've been at work since 2:00AM.  We had a conference call scheduled to trouble-shoot a problematic DC at 3:30AM.  2 of the critical attendees didn't call in.  ::)  Bastards.

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been at work since 2:00AM.? We had a conference call scheduled to trouble-shoot a problematic DC at 3:30AM.? 2 of the critical attendees didn't call in.? ::)? Bastards.

Nice company you work for there...   ::)  My wife come home everyday with a new complaint about that company...  I can't stand their "managerial" ethics...

Offline A-Rod

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My wife and I complain to each other about it all everyday on the way home.  ;D

Definately has its ups and downs.  When we planned the meeting yesterday at 4:00  I could see the managers eyes rolling around as they thought to themselves 'Its not my problem'.  Now, my goal today is to make it their problem.  >:(   

Offline PUTZ

• Outdoorsman
Ol PUTZ used to go to the drive up teller, wait in line, smelling exhaust, listening to boom boom from other cars, getting mad then the teller send your stuff to another car and thats when I said never again.
Now ol putz goes inside the bank and it is much quieter inside and it smells better and they can only give your stuff to you.  Have been doing it this way for 5 years now and I don't have to leave my truck run. :laugh:
PUTZ
Lets talk this out over A campfire.
And A cool Miller lite.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
The Bad News: The boat and car were in the driveway when the storm warning sirens went off. So I ran out to back the boat into the garage and the storm hit. I couldn't see well with the downpour so I backed the prop into the wall of the garage and bent the prop.

The Good News: I did the same thing last year and stopped at the prop shop in Herman Town MN. on the way up the BWCA. Told them "I'll pick it up on my way back home" He said hold on a few minutes and came back with my repaired prop and said have a nice trip the repair is on me.

Well, I guess I'll be stopping there again in July. This time I'll insist on paying for the repair work. Boy, that would never happen in my area. Good thing I recently purchased an extra prop.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
SMG

He must be an IBOT
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's what I figured but, didn't see any clamp scars. Could be though, I'll have to look closer next time. ::)

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Briank

• Minnow
Good thread!

Although I might take up all your server space! Lol!

St Croix River.

I don't know who I should be griping about! The pleasure boaters, correction...the captains of the pleasure boats, the DNR, the Sherriff's deputies....or all the above.

For those of you that haven't been on the scenic St Croix, it's more of a lake that a river from Stillwater, MN south...14 miles to where it flows into the Mississippi.

Sturgeon fishing is anchoring...generally to one side of a half mile wide river. For some reason anchoring during the day or night we become magnets for these cruisers.
State law reads I have 150' of personal space. I've had sail boats under power that would have broken off my 8' rod had I had one out on that side. A close friend of mine had ferry boats that have been close enough to have a converstation with the deck hands...(not very nice ones either). Stanley Hubbers (owner of Hubbard broadcasting) Mimme, a large yaght was headed directly for us one night. (I always anchor with as many lights as I have including head lamps on)  An underhanded toss would have put a 3 oz sinker on it's deck. My customers were slightly nervous to say the least!

The dnr and sherriff boats see this all the time but I've never seen a cruiser stopped...for anything.

I'm was at the point of not fishing the Croix any longer just for safety reason. The only thing that has delayied my decision is that with the colder weather setting in, more an more cruisers are going to storage.

I believe in sharing the river with everyone...but not at the point of my personal safety...

Maybe it's time for a talk with the boat patrols?

Rant off.

Time to go fishing! ;D

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Today I am sad to report that as I drove down my block there was not even one home displaying a flag in honor of Veteran's Day. >:(

As I proceeded down the next block I spotted only one flag. :(

Our flag flies proudly 24 hrs 365 days!  How about yours? If not, how about putting it out now to Honor Our Veterans this weekend.  Years ago folks never had to remind each other to put out their flags for holidays. What a display of support and pride it was up and down the block.

The Borgersen's

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
https://www.spinmaster.com/product.php?productid=16174&s=rocket&xid=457c2403b9da37227f5e29a58d520bf7

Roland Martin has gone a little to far in promoting this kind of junk into the fishing industry. Anything for the almighty buck. Is this something you'd like your youngsters to start out with as an introduction to fishing fundamentals?

In my opinion a true legend like Roland Martin should never introduce/indorse junk like this into an industry that has been so good to him.

"Show me the money"  Roland

*** Anyone with a gripe, post it here. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but I'll betcha this thread should be a busy one.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, gas prices, neighbors, X wife, mother-in-law....just use your imagination.
« Last Edit: December 12/04/06, 07:05:35 AM by smallmouthguide »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
we have talked about this before.
the way I look at it is if it gets a kid outdoors who might otherwise not, I am all for it.
would this gimmick do that?
I would say a kid that has little enthusiasm about most things and there are plenty of those kids nowdays, might be enticed to take his rocket over to the pond just to play with it and maybe catch a fish at the same time.
who care I guess.
I agree that really wasnt the point, but just trying to shed a little different angle on the subject.
capitolism is the thing that drives america, at least we secumb to the new muzlim way of life.
cant blame a guy for making some extra dough as long as the product isnt totaly lame.
professional all over have been endorsing products as long as there has been products to endorse.
this isnt the worst of them.

not arguing, just being objective.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I figured I would dig  "The Gripe Site" back up out of the arcives for those who have never seen it.

This can be about any topic.... outdoors, indoors, on the road, pet peeves, gas prices, neighbors, mother-in-law....just use your imagination.

SMG

Many BWCA Reports