Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2007 MNO Emmy Awards  (Read 10704 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Now that 2007 has come to an end, lets all have a little fun and nominate other members in a few different categories. After a week or so, we can tally the votes and announce the winners, no prizes at this time, but i'll see what I can do (no promises). Nominate up to 3 members per category.

Here are my nominations:

1. Best overall information: Thunderpout, Model12, Kenhuntin (Prize= 1 MNO Window decal)
I always look forward to reading there posts, I've learned a lot from these 3.

2. Most disturbing avatar: Fawkinnae
Great avatar, but it scares me!

3. MNO Comedian: Woody, Smallmouthguide, Fawkinnae
Great sense of humor, they always make me laugh.

4. Friendliest MNO Member: Faceman, The General, Girlguide
These 3 are friendly to everyone, always positive and helpful.

5. Hardest working MNO Staff Member: Outdoorsjunkie, Outdoorsrealtree.
Tough call here, Realtree took the first half of the year and OJ the 2nd half. This one will be close.

6. Picture of the year: Smallmouthguides bowhunting partner pic.  :happy1:

7. Best post of the year: Undecided at this time.

8. Staff member always willing to help out: Bonehead, Grute, Tim

9. Most reliable MNO chat person: Trip, Girlguide, Icebanger
Lets hear your nominations now, remember this is all in fun!
« Last Edit: January 01/01/08, 10:51:53 PM by Pat Turnquist »
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Robbo17

• Outdoorsman
Can I add Pat:

Best Picture of the Year: I seen alot of great pictures here in the short time I been here.
Best all around Post: a Few come time mind, that were great. I sure somebody else has some memorable post's

But, just want to say great IDEA, Pat.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Can I add Pat:

Best Picture of the Year: I seen alot of great pictures here in the short time I been here.
Best all around Post: a Few come time mind, that were great. I sure somebody else has some memorable post's

But, just want to say great IDEA, Pat.

Sure, we can have as many categories as we want too. Throw up your nominations.

MNO will give away 1 MNO window decal for the (Best Information) winner. Maybe we can get some of our members to donate a small prize for other categories.

This should get interesting!
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a feeling this might get a little crazy but it should be fun

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Remember, these were only my nominations, everyone can nominate up to 3 members per category. We'll set a deasdline soon and then tally up the votes.

Lets hear some more nominations from everyone else, you can use my choices or nominate other members that you feel are deserving.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Cousin Kyle

• Outdoorsman
1. Best information:  Jigglestick
Trailer conversion Thread.
Pass the Worms, Pass the Beer

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
What a great thread Spinach!!  ....I'm going to have to give this some serious thought before my actual post!  ...got me thinking though  :party1:  gg

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Great idea Spin.  One thing I thought of off the bat was -Staff Member always willing to help out.  My nominations would be Bonehead, GirlGuide, Gruteman.

I will think of some more categories and nominate some folks for the existing slots after I get unpacked (just got home to Spearfish after 8 1/2 hour drive).  Good to be home!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Best Information:  Kenhuntin and Spinach, also MNMink had a lot of new information about trapping, deer plots, and etc. that I have learned a lot from, but dont tell him that!  :rotflmao:

Most Disturbing Avatar:  Hands down "Fawkinnae" !  (that's just down right scary!  :rotflmao: )

MNO Comedian:  Woody and Grute (They both make me laugh on a daily basis.)  And I forgot to add SMG...he's always a comedian!!

Friendliest MNO member:  TripnChip (Pops), Bonehead and Faceman and Icebanger (they can't get any nicer, great guys!!)

Hardest Working:  RT and OJ  (YOU GUYS BOTH ROCK!!)

Picture of the year:  Don Stenseth's photo's (all of them!)  His pictures are amazing!

Always there to help when someone needs it:  Bonehead, Grute, Tim and Pat (I would have to throw RT and OJ in there also)  I know, I know...I went over the 3 person limit...but all you guys are so helpful, I can't cut it down to just three.  If it weren't for you guys, MNO wouldn't be half as great as it is!

Best post of the year:.....still thinking on this one...there is so many to choose from!!  And so many humorous post, that I'm having a hard time narrowing this one down.  I love all the funny stories that I have read here.  I suppose it would have to be someone with the best "poop" story, those one's always crack me up.  Dirtball2's stories are absolutely hillarious, and I know I will think of a couple more.  I'll come back to this one, once I give it some more thought. 

AND OF COURSE "ALL AROUND BEST WEBMASTER, THE ONE, THE ONLY ''HEDROCKS"...He get's his own category, because of course he deserves it, and nobody know's how hard he works for us, and he has to listen to all of our complaints!  He deserves his own emmy!!  :happy1:

One more category here: A VERY important category, that should NOT be left out!!

Best MNO Chatter: TripnChip (Pops) I can always count on my pops!! Bonehead and Icebanger (all my boys!)

This has been a lot of fun, thanks Spin for starting such a great thread!!

....And the Emmy goes to........!   

:dancinred:  gg

« Last Edit: January 01/02/08, 08:13:10 PM by GirlGuide »

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
OK here's my nominations:

1. Best overall information: T.R. Michaels, Small Mouth Guide, and Tim

2. Most disturbing avatar: Fawkinnae -- nuf said

3. MNO Comedian: MN mink man has made a strong showing here lately, Griz, and Jigglestick

4. Friendliest MNO Member: GG  :queen:, Jewel, and Kenhuntin.

5. Hardest working MNO Staff Member: Spinny, McFly, and Head Rocks. 

I know OJ and ORT do TONS of work and would never discount that but where would we be without the 3 I nominated??

6. Picture of the year: This is tough cause there are sooo many but here goes 3 of my faves:

GG's Christmas card (great and hillarious family pic)

IceFritz's daughter with her first grouse ( I love the pics with ANY kid but this one really stuck in my mind )
http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=8411.45,

and can we nominate ourselves?  My buck and the story with it just means a lot to me; maybe not for the overall MNO site but its the highlight of my year.

7. Best post of the year: Fence lines, One Wrong move and the phone gets it, and the 911 post

8. Staff member always willing to help out: Bone Head, OJ, and Head Rocks

9. Most reliable MNO chat person: GG and ummmm well isn't she the Chat Council Chairperson, CEO, and Major General?

OK that's all I got for now.  If I Ithink of anything else, I'll repost new ideas.  I hope I didn't forget anyone. I truly love this site and EVERYONE who has contributed to such a great year.

Grute  :dancinred:

If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
i got to go the easy and most obvious route here!
my 3 are staff, members and guests.. without these
3 we wouldnt be here!
jigglesticks camera story was great!
to many great pics to pick only 3..

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
OKAY, OKAY....OUCH THAT HURTS!!!

I'm going to nominate Grute with his Buck for "Best Picture of the Year" ...

There Grute...now will you stop twisting my arm so hard!!  Geez, your nominated now, so let go of my arm already!!!! ....Some people.......they'll do just anything to get someone to notice them~

:rotflmao:  gg

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
What hurts now??  Holy Hannah, you're gettin hurt all the time.  Oh your arm?  Well I couldn't pay you any more than I already did so I had to get physical.   ;D   ;)

Seriously it was a big event for me.  Shows you how un-eventful my life is.   :cry:  And the story with it still makes me scratch my head.  Annnnd I did put in some other pictueres.  That one of the gal with her pheasant is a great pic.

Grute  :dancinred:

P.S.  Thanks.   ;D

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
What hurts now??  Holy Hannah, you're gettin hurt all the time. 

Sure....make fun of the "sick girl"!  I see how you are!!

:rotflmao:  gg

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
I was taking another look at Grute's nominations...and I have to admit, I would add all of his to my list also...I hate to leave anyone out, but we have so many great poster's here on MNO!! And I like the way Grute sucked up to all the owners/admins...hhhmmm, he's one smart guy that Grute!!   ;D I'd like to take Bonehead's easy way out and give the emmy's to all the staff, members and guest!!  :rotflmao:   gg  :queen:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
1. Best overall information:

2. Most disturbing avatar: Fawkinnae

3. MNO Comedian: I'm going with GG, Trip, and Banger.  They always make me laugh on the chat.  Specially pops and his rc's

4. Friendliest MNO Member: Can't decide.....everyone has been great!!!!

5. Hardest working MNO Staff Member: I didn't think anyone worked around here.  :oops1:  That's just me.  I guess you will have to arm wrestle for it ;)

6. Picture of the year:   

7. Best post of the year: Undecided at this time.

8. Staff member always willing to help out: I'm sure you are all helpful.  I'm just listing the ones who have personnally helped me (sorry if I left someone out) GG, Pat (Thanks for the light), OJ

9. Most reliable MNO chat person: Trip, Girlguide, Icebanger (except Banger is always passed out with keyboard marks on his face)
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Where the heck have you been General?  Haven't seen you in a while!! Hope you and the family are doing great!   :toast:  gg

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Everything is going well.  It's just been a busy holiday.  I hope to get you your info and a pict soon.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I was taking another look at Grute's nominations...and I have to admit, I would add all of his to my list also...I hate to leave anyone out, but we have so many great poster's here on MNO!! And I like the way Grute sucked up to all the owners/admins...hhhmmm, he's one smart guy that Grute!!   ;D I'd like to take Bonehead's easy way out and give the emmy's to all the staff, members and guest!!  :rotflmao:   gg  :queen:
]

Jealousy is not flattering.   ;D 

And by the way, at least I know who to suck up to.  Why you suckin up ta me and Bonehead, huh?   ;D

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
yea gg! grute and i are just minnows in the
big pond :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i also nominate grute for the charity emmy, when he
and his family gave up time and money at a benifit
for a friend with cancer. :happy1:

gg still has a lead in the most posts in chat :rotflmao:
good thing MNO went with the heavy duty industrial
version of chat! ;D

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
..Just remember boys, ....I need NOT to suck up to ANYBODY....for, have you forgotten?

:queen:  :queen:  :queen:  :queen:  :queen:  :queen:  :queen: :queen:  :queen:  :queen:

gg

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
oh yea..  thats right, must have slipped my mind :rotflmao:

:queen: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
this should be interesting  ;D

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
this should be interesting  ;D

It always is Repo.  Thats why we all stick around.   ;D

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Man This tough.

Most disturbing avatar: Fawkinnae
Favorite avatar: Grute
Comedian: Woody, Smallmouth, Jigglestick
Friendliest: GG, Repoman, OJ
Hardest working staff: ALL of them  (thanks)
Best at picking on GG: Grute and bonehead

I just want to nominate everyone but I guess I cant. :cry:
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
I would say just give it to the whole site cause if it wasn't for everyone here it wouldn't be where it is today :happy1:

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
thanks faceman, thats quite the compliment.
i try my best! :rotflmao :happy1: :happy1:

randy aka bh
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
yeah thanks ,faceman  :toast:
but hey were all family here

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
I read this a couple nights ago and only pick three is impossible for me. I have to come to know to meny good people here to take the chance of slighting anyo of them so you all have my vote. So I'm just going to give a BIG THANK YOU to all the staff and members that have worked to keep this site up and running.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
I read this a couple nights ago and only pick three is impossible for me. I have to come to know to meny good people here to take the chance of slighting anyo of them so you all have my vote. So I'm just going to give a BIG THANK YOU to all the staff and members that have worked to keep this site up and running.

aaaawwww....Pops, see..that's why your the BEST!!  You ROCK!!   :rocker;
 :toast: gg