Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Would I be in the wrong?  (Read 5277 times)

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com

I have this feeder out on are land. I fill every 2 weeks there are not many deer that come to it but tons of turkeys so it is more for them. Around deer hunting when I went out to fill it. The farmer’s cows had gotten out and took care of it as you can see in the pictures below.  I had my trail camera on it to get some pictures of what was coming into eat. Well to make a long story short the cows wrecked me feeder and my camera (not realy but cracked the front case so if it was to get wet it may have problems).

So would I be in the wrong to go talk to the farmer about this? Or should I just keep my mouth shut and not say anything at all? I have been thinking about this for a long time now, just have never done anything about it.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Seems to me like the cows noticed they were being photographed stealing your turkey feed and tried to destroy the evidence.   ;D

Seriously, I might talk to the farmer but wouldn't expect anything.  If he offers, that would be great but when we put things up out in the wild then sometimes things like this happen.  Just an act of nature - unfortunatly.

If its just a small crack, then maybe electrician's tape would seal it.  Not sure what the damage even looks like but that electrician's tape is almost as good as duct tape.

Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Depends if your hunting over it. If so you might want to let it go. If you are don't tell me either i don't wanna know!! ;D :bonk:
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline wallander

• Outdoorsman
umm maybe the taxidermist can stuff a couple for ya ....  :happy1: would take care of the prob .... :fudd:

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I'd probably just chalk it up to experience myself. Lesson learned type of thing..... Fastening the camera to the feeder was a mistake in itself. You just never know what is coming into the feeders and getting angry when the flash goes off. Coons, Yotes, Wolves and even angry cows.  :rotflmao: Some animals are very protective of there food and having the camera right on top of them was asking for trouble.

You could maybe mention it to the farmer in a casual conversation in the future, but like someone else allready said, dont expect anything other than an apology.

My 2 cents......
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Easy Wallander, I like getting work but I don't need farmers coming looking for their animal that are supposed to be alive still!!!! :rotflmao:
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i was thinking bout posting 1/4s of beef for sale in the for sale section..   any takers

the camera was not on the feeder i was on a tree in a metal box. ( i think the cow pushed up on it with his big A$$)   

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I misunderstood then. I thought read that you had the camera on the feeder.

Either way, my original post would have been the same.

Thats too bad the camera was damaged though.....
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'll take a few t-bones maybe a trail cam roast!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
just think about the work it would be to pack a cow outa the woods. would only be about a 1/2 mile walk but still a 600 pund leg lol .   a life size cow would look good in your show room..... lol

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Holy Cow, lots of good advice here.

For Cowing out loud, don't be a Coward. Go over to the neighbor's mansion and chop down two of his Cowlums on the porch. Then ring his Cowbell. When he comes to the door with a shot gun don't Cowtow to him or he'll think you a Coward. Hand him a bag of Cow pies found on your property then show him the camera.

If he shows no remorse, threaten him with a one man Cow pie eating contest. You may also contact the local news media and have a Cowlumest run a special Cowlum "The Coward of Cow Pie Cownty"

If all the above fails pick up the phone and Cow Simon Cowell from American Idle. He always has a lot of advise.

And that's all I've got to say about that!
« Last Edit: January 01/03/08, 05:49:41 AM by smallmouthguide »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn

For Cowing out loud, don't be a Coward. Go over to the neighbor's mansion and chop down two of his Cowlums on the porch. Then ring his Cowbell. When he comes to the door with a shot gun don't Cowtow to him or he'll think you a Coward. Hand him a bag of Cow pies found on your property then show him the camera.

If he shows no remorse, threaten him with a one man Cow pie eating contest. You may also contact the local news media and have a Cowlumest run a special Cowlum "The Coward of Cow Pie Cownty"

If all the above fails Cow about contacting Simon Cowell from American Idle. He always has a lot of advise.

OMG that was hilarious!
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)

If all the above fails Cow about contacting Simon Cowell from American Idle. He always has a lot of advise.

OMG IS RIGHT!!  NOW HOW THE HE*L DO YOU COME UP WITH THESE THINGS???  YOU SURE GOT ME LMAO!!  THANKS FOR THE LAUGH SMG!! YOU ROCK!!  :rocker;  gg

Offline LLtaxidermy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
BOUT WET MYSELF!!!! LMAO!
Lee Ledford
Leland Ledford Taxidermy
507-990-5882

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Like LLtaxidermy said.  I can see a stand in the background.  I will assume it was for bear hunting.  If it was a one time thing, I wouldn't do anything.  I assume the farmer knew about the cows getting out.  I had the same thing happen a few years ago.  The cows only left tracks and pies.  I never said anything to the farmer. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes that is a bear stand i have only ever seen one buck and 2 or 3 does there.. i think with the bear baiting there year after year they stay away.... but the coons love it..... thanks for the advice   peace :popcorn: