Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report May 19 -21  (Read 4982 times)

Offline shakey legs 2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Went to Leech Friday - Monday.  We caught 26 walleyes.  Seventeen of the 26 were under the slot.  We caught/released the others with one at 26" and one at 27".  All fish were caught with a green 1/8 oz. fireball jig and either a small shiner or female fathead minnow.  They were in deeper water 20' to 35 ' with most of the fish caught at 25'.  All fish looked healthy and judging from their stomach contents, there is plenty of forage for them.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant - and not nearly as much fun.? Robert Traver "Anatomy of a Fisherman"

Offline shakey legs 2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
oooops!!! that should have read friday - sunday.  Now I know why you are supposed to preview your message before posting.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant - and not nearly as much fun.? Robert Traver "Anatomy of a Fisherman"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Its good to hear a good report from Leech. I talked to a couple bait stores in the area today and they had good news to report as well. They did say that many of the fish had to go back though due to the slot. Wouldn't bother me, I just like to catch them ;)

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
SL2, where were getting most of your eyes, if you don't mind............... ;D

Offline shakey legs 2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Kabekona Bay in 20 - 35 feet.  Thlis is an early morning/late evening bite.  The Bay produces all year long at prime times.  It has a lot of structure (Like Walker Bay).  Look for the fast deep drop next to a feeding shelf and you should have some luck. 

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
That's good to know, I didn't have much luck there over the opener.  I was working the drop off by the two markers in the middle with little luck, thanks for the info.