Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2007 bear hunt video  (Read 2426 times)

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My 13 year old son came along on this years bear hunt to catch it on film.  On the 1st day we had a smaller bear come in and stay around 1 hr.  I edited 1.5 minutes out for this video clip.  I did not shoot this bear, hoping for something bigger.  On the 3rd day out we had another slightly larger bear come in for about 30 min.  I had hoped to catch the kill on film, but my video man was taking a siesta in the tree lounge until my shot awoke him.  The bear was a young sow weighing in at 180 lbs.  Not my biggest bear, but nice to share the hunt with my son.  I included a few seconds footage shot after I got out of the stand.

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u19/jkcmj/?action=view&current=2007bearhuntvideo.flv

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
What were you shooting the video with. It keeps skipping.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
That bear sure had a lot of energy. Thanks for sharing.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was shooting with a standard video camera(mini DV), but when we downloaded it to the computer the video was jumpy.  I tried downloading twice with the same results.  Not sure why.  It is normal on the cassette.  I filmed the actual kill on my 2005 hunt and am trying to figure out how to change in into a DVD so I can download it.  That camera was not able to directly download to digital.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I guess I am not sure either. It shouldn't do that. My camera uses dv tapes. I was told that is the best option for downloading but I have downloaded other video and not had the problem that you are having. Maybe it is the program that you are using to download the video? Wish I knew more and could help you figure this out.

Besides that thanks for sharing the video! Always fun to watch ;)

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Cool thanks for sharing.  Are you going to make a rug or get the head mounted?
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
awesome  :happy1:  thanks for shareing

Offline jkcmj

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Cool thanks for sharing.  Are you going to make a rug or get the head mounted?

I have not decided what to do yet.  I sent it for tanning and had the taxidermist prepare it as though he was doing a full body mount.  I already have two rugs and two half body mounts taking up space.  I thought of cutting a good little deer rub tree and mounting one of the yellow jacket nests I've collected in the branches, then have the bear on it's hind legs, looking up at the nest.  I still have to look into the costs before I try it though. 

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
its just money... :fudd: