Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Coyote hunt  (Read 16413 times)

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
Yeah I wanna go but will be out of town from Feb 9 - 17. 

:cry:   youll be soaken up the sun

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Yeah I wanna go but will be out of town from Feb 9 - 17. 

:cry:   youll be soaken up the sun

Not something to be sad about in my book.   ;D
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
Grute, my bags are packed you wife told me shes takin me and leavin you. sorry for  peace ss

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I hope you got a BIG wallet.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Heres a hunt for the yots;;
Predators become prey
By T.J. Bartelt, West Central Tribune
Published Saturday, January 26, 2008
SACRED HEART — Trying to come up with cold-weather ideas to capture the interest of people can be a difficult proposition. The Sacred Heart Jaycees think they have a tremendous event planned for their annual Winterfest, which will be held Feb. 22-23. In fact, it’s such a great idea that it surprised the people who came up with it. “We were having a slow deal with our Winterfest,” said Troy Nelson of the Sacred Heart Jaycees. “We decided to have something based on the outdoors that we could do in the winter. We started out as a sportsmen’s club.” In keeping with the tradition of their founding, the Jaycees decided to have some winter fun ...
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman

you sure a big wallet is all???

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake

you sure a big wallet is all???

Or maybe a big immagination.   :rotflmao: 

Hey Dew2, I;d like to look more into The Sacred Heart hunt.  Where is it located and such.

Grute

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
any more info on this hunt??  :coffee:

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Could'nt get this from the newspaper,they archived it and then charge a fee which I wont pay! But I found this.
SacredHeart is on HWY 212 east of GraniteFalls,which is south of Willmar on HWY 23,Its Great Yot huntin in the Mn. river valley a few Mi. So. of SacredHeart.

The Jaycees event begins at 5 p.m. Feb. 22 and runs until 9 p.m. Feb. 23. Nelson said there will be cash prizes for the biggest predator and the most predators brought back. There will also be a raffle for a rifle.

Before the event, there will be an informational meeting, explaining the rules. For more information, call Nelson at 320-894-5568.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
gosh darnit i gotta work  :banghead: :banghead: otherwise id be all for it  :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Why in the world would they plan an event on a weekday?

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
i agree , makes it hars on the working people  :banghead:

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
then again i suppose it does make sense. there will be a lot less snowmobilers out stirring the dogs up on friday then saturday. either way i wish i could hunt it, but will be working as well.

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
ahh lets skip work and shoot some dogs  :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd: :fudd:

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
well full moon next week and i will be out plenty i hope. i dont care if they are rubbed at all just want to get out!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
ME TOO, I'm gonna go and drop a few myself!    :fudd:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
So how's the Yote hunt goin?  I've been so busy since I got back from my vacation I can't find my own butt.  I just keep spinin around lookin for it.  :party1:   :moon:  Oh there it is.   ;D 

Well Im not sure when/if I'l have time but let me know when/if you guys plan to get out and I'll try to make it.

Offline Roosterslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good. Went out with a buddy last night. first set we were busted as soon as we stepped out of the truck. three coyotes just filled the air with warning barks and howls. the second stand i called in a pair, my buddy missed...it happens. third set called in a nice male and he was dropped at about 100 yards. fourth stand nothing came in but had a pack answer my howls, fifth stand called in a red and shot over his back at 50 yards :banghead:, sixth stand was dry.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Wed. night they were there, howling up a storm, but I couldn't get out. So we set last night, but couldn't get a dog to come in, not even a yip    :cry:

It was fun just to sit out anyway!

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday I was sittin at the table havin a cup of java an see a yote come down the draw and knew it was goin over the hill. Grabbed the 220 and caller to see if I could get him to come back. Well nothin. I was in a hurry so I didn't even look as to what type of call was in it. It turned out to be the rabbit, not the best choice for this time of yr but can work. Oh well next time. Already got 4 yotes while having my mornin coffee this yr.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I was wondering if this has ever happened to anybody else......

I set up last night with my "Mister Wiggly" rabbit decoy, I had the electronic call playing the rabbit cry. I could see a yote coming in around 350 to 400 yards out. The dog was in a straight line with me and the decoy. When I pulled the scope up to get ready, a big old barn owl came in and smacked my decoy. The dog flared and ran the other way before I could get a shot off. I wasn't sure if it was the owl or something else.

It was cool as sh** to see it, but the bird messed up the shot.

Hunter

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I once had an owl scare the daylights out of me while bowhunting. Dang thing came down after a chipmunk that was trying to figure out what I was. I didn't know the owl was there until it was just about ontop of me. Caught it out of the corner of my eye and jumped. I think I scared the owl just as much as it scared me. I think all 3 of us got spooked, which one the most I don't know.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
I once had an owl scare the daylights out of me while bowhunting. Dang thing came down after a chipmunk that was trying to figure out what I was. I didn't know the owl was there until it was just about ontop of me. Caught it out of the corner of my eye and jumped. I think I scared the owl just as much as it scared me. I think all 3 of us got spooked, which one the most I don't know.

:rotflmao:  I BET

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake

Probably the chip monk was the most scared cause he could'a been lunch.   ;D

Offline ifitfliesitdies

where do you hunt yotes? i've been tryin to find some other people to go with me also I don't really ahve a good place to go