Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gander in Maplewood closing permanently  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
The Gander in Maplewood is shutting it's doors on Feb. 2nd. Not to much left, but you may want to stop in and look around. The last day the prices will be unbelievable, but you may not want to wait that long if it's something you really want.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I heard its gonna be an online shipping center/warehouse for Gander Mountain? Any truth to that?
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
thats what i heard, you will be able to pick
up orders there too.

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
It's hard to believe a Gander Mountain is closing.  The ones I have been to are always busy.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
That store is in a weird spot... kinda hidden in one of those shopping area sprawls, but there aren't alot of sporting goods stores in that area except Joes, maybe thats it....

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
I HEARD THE SAME FROM ONE OF THE MANAGERS THERE , THAT WILL BE A WAREHOUSE STORAGE FOR THERE ONLINE STORE ... BUT WE CAN PICK STUFF UP THERE ....

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
That was the original plan, but they bought Overton's(online marine dealer) since they made that announcement and are now planning on using Overton's facility as they're warehouse. They are going to try and sub-lease the building in Maplewood.

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Not sure if any knows this but Gander Mountain on line and their catalog is owed by Cabela's. They bought it out a while back. So gander only has stores. That is why they are not doing so good. I think they will all close once Bass Pro Shop gets here. They will not be able to keep up with Bass and Cabela's.
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Actually Gander Mountain won their law suit against Cabela's last summer. They're original idea was to start an online catalog under the name "We live outdoors" not using the Gander Mountain name, but now they don't have to. I don't know what the actual launch date will be, but they have been taking photos of all the product at the Maplewood store for the last 7 - 8 months.
« Last Edit: February 02/07/08, 01:43:55 PM by Joe »