Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Campsites that are on the lake in Minn/Wisc.??  (Read 7607 times)

Offline Umpire

• Outdoorsman
Just looking ahead to the camping season. I have had a hard time finding campsites next to the lake. I have a 5th wheel camper, but if it would be a great site without hookups, that would be ok. Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
What part of the state are you looking in and how big of 5er?

Offline Umpire

• Outdoorsman
26 foot 5th wheel, always looking for places right on the lake. Thanks again for any ideas.

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Fall Lake campgrounds in Ely is nice.  Good fishing by th dam in May.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
This is a good topic. I too would like to find some new camping areas right on the lake. When I was young we went up to Elephant Lake I think it was?? Anyways, we camped right on the lake there. I looked for something on-line but could not find anything.

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
Big Lake on the Echo trail outside of Ely has some awesome campgrounds.  There are two on an island that are very nice and secluded. 

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Rush lake has a real nice rv site on the east lake, it's right near Flickabirds, but i forget the name.

In Longville, there are a few lakes with nice campgrounds, I have stayed at Little Boy resort and a couple different resorts on Wabedo. All of them offer tents to 5th wheels.

Little Boy Resort is by far the nicest resort i have stayed at in MN. Great fishing too.

Cutfoot has a nice camping place too. Alexandria has a few places. there are so many all over the state to choose from.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
It would be fun to take off for two weeks in the summer with the boat and do some exploring, camping and fishing! A road trip through Northern Minnesota.

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Father Hennepin State Park on the Big pond.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Umpire

• Outdoorsman
Thanks for all of the replies. Pat, the campgrounds on East Rush, do you or does anyone else have more info on what the name would be?

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Rush lake has a real nice rv site on the east lake, it's right near Flickabirds, but i forget the name.

Isn't it CJ's?

edit: Sorry CJ's is on the west lake. :bonk:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/08, 10:17:37 AM by Joe »
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!