Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: DANG NABBIT ( NOW IM PI$$'D)  (Read 6699 times)

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
get home tonight i go to pull my truck in the garage and find my window open  :oops1:
so i start looking around , and low and behold all three of my rifles are GONE along with misc tools ....  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  man this neihborhood is really going to pots !!!! so anyways i called the cops and filed a report , i had to dig up all my paperwork for serial numbers and such , they said not much they can do untill someone gets caught with them ....
7mm
30-06
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

id sure like to know who dun it  :fudd:

Forum maintenance
« Last Edit: February 02/04/08, 08:20:22 AM by repoman »

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
why would you leave a gun in your truck with the windows down?? let alone in your truck???  :imstupid:

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
why would you leave a gun in your truck with the windows down?? let alone in your truck???  :imstupid:

no smart a$$ the rifles were in the rafters in the garage !!!! i noticed the window open when i pulled my truck in the garage     :kermit:

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
That sounds like the theif is someone you had shown the hiding place. No one breaks in a garage to look in the rafters ordinarily. I feel for you Repo I know what a sucky feeling that is. That is why I have been investing in claymores the last few years.
« Last Edit: February 02/03/08, 11:38:24 PM by kenhuntin »
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
That sounds like the theif is someone you had shown the hiding place. No one breaks in a garage to look in the rafters ordinarily

Good Point. Sounds like an inside job. :reporter; :reporter; :reporter;

I charge $45/hr....Private investigator ;)

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
well they took my torches set , my dewalt drill set , bunch of other misc tools abd yes the guns were in the rafters but i mean if you walked under them and looked up you would see them . :banghead:.. i shoulda brought them in but i guess i figured they be ok since ive stored them there for years , because of the kids , but your absolutly right i think it was someone i know up the ally from me he was over the other day and borrowed a saw from me i was cleaning my 243 when he came over i just dident even think about it  :banghead:. o well   my fault for leaveing them there  :banghead:

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
im waiting for him to get home tonight them im gonna pay him a visit and talk to him  :taz: ;)
« Last Edit: February 02/03/08, 11:41:47 PM by repoman »

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure sounds like a knowing person.
Open window hmm, I had mine closed, doors locked  and they broke the window to open the door and this was in the middle of the day in a k-mart parking lot.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Repoman,
 It is not your fault at all. There are alot of things a person can do to prevent some mope from stealing from them. But this scathead invaded your your personal space all of his own doing. I use my infrared no flash cameras around the place all the time . They are a great investment.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
yeah, my next investment (cameras)after i replace my guns of course  ;D

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
sorry to hear that repo...  that bites.
hope they catch the low lifes!

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like the theif is someone you had shown the hiding place. No one breaks in a garage to look in the rafters ordinarily

LMAO

Barney five... i think you have been watching to much CSI and Law and Order. did you not pay attention in your criminal law and investigations class??? If i remember right about 10 % of these types of crimes are solved. With no leads, no witnesses, nothing but some stuff missing your at a dead end.

Joe i would talk to your buddy down the road like you said maybe  you can get something outa him talk to everyone in your hood..   peace

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

LMAO

Barney five... i think you have been watching to much CSI and Law and Order. did you not pay attention in your criminal law and investigations class??? If i remember right about 10 % of these types of crimes are solved. With no leads, no witnesses, nothing but some stuff missing your at a dead end.

Joe i would talk to your buddy down the road like you said maybe  you can get something outa him talk to everyone in your hood..   peace

IN MY HOOD ?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
yeah, my next investment (cameras)after i replace my guns of course  ;D

In a hood like that maybe you should get the cameras before you replace the guns. Or they'd be gone again and yet with no picture.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
Repo maybe Tim aka Shaggy will do it for a scubby snack??

Offline Wagz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sorry to here that repo !
At least you will get some new guys out of the deal

Dont forget to include the scopes when you talk to the insurance guy !
And the cases it all costs money to replace !

I recommend a cheap safe anything to slow them down a bit, make it hard for them and they might leave them behind

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Yeah check out the Stack On brand. 

I got one from Sportsman's Warehouse for cheap.  The 16 gun safe was just a little more pricy than the 10 so I thought it was worth it.  Then they said they didn't have any more in the back so they'd sell me that one on the floor but since it had no box and a scratch on the side, they took about $30 off!!  Now its LESS than the 10 gun safe.  Those guys at Sportsman's Warehouse are awesome  :superman:  I think the safe was about $130 (don't quote me - Im not sure) and you can bolt it to the floor or wall.  Not recommended for hanging in rafters though   ;D
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
The cops say you wont see them again, but you never know if it gets sold, i would call all the pawn shops in your area and let them know what happened, they will be on the watch for them as well, since pawn shops don't want to deal in stolen good..  Just sounds like the person involved needed money quick, and will be looking for a quick sale..

A friend of mine this happened to, he posted wanted add for the types pf guns he got stolen, and posted another number, and sure enough the person called lol and the after a long story , got his guns back.. I dunno just trying to help

just my input, i am sure you already did that

the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Did you get a police report?  You'll need the police report # and gun serial #s if you're going to file an insurance claim.

Good luck
Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
yeah i got the reports , dont know if ill file a claim though , i cant prove what i payed maybe if i can prove what it'll cost to replace the stuff ? my insurence guy will be callen me today