Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Joe Mauer is a hitting machine!  (Read 3672 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Mauer is smacking the ball lately!  He leads the American league in batting average after his 3-5 game tonight.  He deserves to be an All-star!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
it is amazing how they can pick out talent like that right out of high school and hit the nail on the head. in fact they knew they were going after him well before he finnished school.
they signed both he and his brother. is his brother still playing ball for the twins?
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline JeffyO45

• Outdoorsman
OJ - He definitely has one of the best eyes in the game and should get consideration for the All-Star team.  The things hurting him are his home run and RBI totals.  He should be producing better numbers in those categories hitting out of the 3 spot (not his fault he is stuck there).  I definitely love the guy on our team and he will be a cornerstone for years to come.  He is only 22-23 years old after all and could develop into a number 3 guy some day.

Jiggle - The Twins definitely hit with this pick.  The sad thing is most of the guys picked straight out of high school don't pan out.  Alot of people criticized the Twins for making this pick when Mark Prior seemed to be the safer pick that year (stud college pitcher).  As for Joe's brother, I believe he is still in the Twins' minor league system.  At least he gets paid to play a game he loves.  Wish I could say that.

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I think he was a can't miss prospect.  The kid was a great athlete in high school.  Remember he was the high school football player of the year and was ready to hit in the major leagues before he graduated.  I am not going to criticize the pick, but Mark Teixeira would look pretty good in a Twins uniform right now to.

I don't think his brother Jake is in baseball anymore (he is the one that signed the same year as Joe), but his brother Billy might still be in the Twins system.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
4-4 a couple nights ago and 2-2 in todays game allready. He's at .378 for the season. If he's not the starting catcher in the All Star game this year, somethings definitely wrong with MLB.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I don't think he is even in the top five catchers for voting right now so I doubt he will be starting.  He should make the team as a reserve though.  It is unfortunate no one else on the team is even half the hitter he is.

Offline shakey legs 2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
He's coming home hitting .379 after going 3 for 4 last night.  You look at that cub pitcher they could have drafted instead of Mauer (Mark Prior?) who is hurt all the time and Joe - Who would you want??  -  dumb question?  We might not turn out a lot of professional baseball players in this state but some of them have really gone on to do well such as Winfield, Molitor, Morris, Hrbek and now Mauer to mention just a few.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant - and not nearly as much fun.? Robert Traver "Anatomy of a Fisherman"

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Joe has a hit in his first at bat tonight!  His average is up to .382 now!  What a stud!!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Mauer is 3 for 4 so far tonight.  Batting .386 now!  Awesome!!!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
He is batting .392 now and should be an all-star!  Today is the last day to vote for Joe.  Go to www.MLB.com and vote for Joe!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com