Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Possible record buck form near Cannon Falls?????  (Read 16153 times)

Offline Dstark5625

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Has anyone else heard about this?  I just got it in an email and not sure how true it is.  One hell of a deer though.  The email said it was shot by Cannon Falls within the past few days.  Looking to find more info.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
I have not heard anything  :scratch: only 8 points? huge mass though
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline TMT

• Outdoorsman
  • Deer hunting/waking up in the morning.
<><
Catchin' fish is a bonus!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
DANG!  That cant be real can it?  I aint gonna sleep till like the third day in camp now! :rotflmao:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
well if that is really from mn i would say that it would push the record. those antlers are perfectly symetrical and the mass is unbeleivable. ive never see a deer in mn that had so much mass. must of had a big body to carry that huge set

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nope, I ain't seen or heard of that one yet.

But, I'm having a hard time believing it came from Minnesota.
And, if was claimed to be, I would question if it was for real.

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
if you shot a deer like that wouldnt you want a full shoulder mount?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
They would make some great rattling antlers!  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DroptineDC18

• Outdoorsman
A shoulder mount is probably being done.  They have to take the hide off the skull like that anyway, so they can still shoulder mount it.

I saw this on another site. It showed a score of 192 gross.  That is just huge for an 8 point.
« Last Edit: November 11/04/09, 07:11:07 PM by FutureDC9 »
"One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat." -Napoleon Hill

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Wow, word travels fast....

Troy Reinke 8pt. Gross: 192" Net: 189"
32" main Beams
26" inside spread
6 1/2" bases...

Possible new world record typical 8 point.

Offline Dstark5625

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah, world record 8 point is what the email said.  I'd be interested to know how much it weighed.  Must have been one hell of a big deer.

Offline sjohnnie26

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Wow, word travels fast....

Troy Reinke 8pt. Gross: 192" Net: 189"
32" main Beams
26" inside spread
6 1/2" bases...

Possible new world record typical 8 point.

so this is real and not a photoshop pic????  My god.
"AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL"  -Jeff Simpson

Offline jbrown

• Minnow

Offline alaskajim

• Minnow
That is a GREAT animal, a real tribute to what the land can produce. 

If it is a legit hunter kill, congrats to the hunter. 

In the Cannon Falls area, which is VERY HEAVILY hunted, it is a miracle this animal wasn't taken as a 1.5 year old. A real miracle.

Offline sjohnnie26

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Here is a link to another forum with a few other pictures.  From what I can find this is the real deal and not a internet, photo-shop spoof.  Simply amazing deer!

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310563
"AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL"  -Jeff Simpson

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Personally, I sleep better thinking it's as fake as my avitar.   ;D    :dancinred:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline redbull135

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
well i talked with  DNR  the buck was realy but the guy who shot had it taken away for not having a lic along with some other deer the dnr officer in ? is a friend so it is true so there goes anther good deer to the wall of shame

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
well i talked with  DNR  the buck was realy but the guy who shot had it taken away for not having a lic along with some other deer the dnr officer in ? is a friend so it is true so there goes anther good deer to the wall of shame

You are correct. It's so sad that an incredible deer like that had to die that way....  :cry:

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op

You are correct. It's so sad that an incredible deer like that had to die that way....  :cry:

I agree 100%.

CF is still only known for a strip club, instead of BIG RACKS too.  ;)
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
that really gets  under my skin on how people can poach such a beautiful animal.

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
DNR should take his weapon too.  What a moron.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
This stuff really tans my hide.  I bust my butt to get me and my kids legal and do it all legit to come out empty handed MANY times.  And then some scab comes along and knocks of The King of the Forest ! ! !  WT(blankity blank) ? ! ? ! ? ! ? !   I truly wish that folks like that would lose hunting AND fishing AND trapping privledges for EVER ! ! !
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Kare 11 has a story on their website about this. Just read it a little bit a go. Guy is facing like 13 charges I believe.

Offline redbull135

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Moving2thecountry

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
DNR NEWS - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                            NOVEMBER 12, 2009
Media contacts: Maj. Rod Smith, DNR Enforcement operations manager, 651-259-5054; Rich Sprouse, public information officer, Minnesota DNR Division of Enforcement (Camp Ripley), Little Falls, MN 56345; 1-800-366-8917, Ext. 2511

Trophy buck illegally shot in Goodhue County

State conservation officers recently seized a record-book deer rack and filed poaching charges against a Cannon Falls man.

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources investigation stemmed from an incident where three deer, including a trophy 8-point buck were killed by archery in three separate incidents near Cannon Falls in October.

According to the complaint, Troy Alan Reinke, 32, admitted to conservation officers that he had shot a small doe and a small buck on separate dates in early October, and failed to tag or register either of the deer.

Reinke said he shot the large 8-point buck, with a 185 green score, on Halloween evening. A green score is an unofficial score to rate deer antlers (inches of length).

Conservation officers seized a bow, two deer racks, the meat from the three deer, and the hide from the large buck as part of their investigation.

Restitution for the small buck and doe is $500 each. Restitution for the trophy buck is $1,000.

Reinke also faces other fines and court costs, and could have his hunting privileges revoked for three years if convicted. A trial date has not been set.

Anyone witnessing wildlife or fishing code violations is encouraged to contact the nearest conservation officer, law enforcement agency or the toll-free Turn-In-Poacher (TIP) hotline at 800-652-9093. Also, #TIP is available to most cell phone users in Minnesota.

People should contact the Minnesota State Patrol or a DNR regional or area office for the name and phone number of a conservation officer in their area.
                                                        -30-

Image attached: Conservation officer Tyler Quant with confiscated deer rack.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
They should nuter him too ! hopefully he hasn't reproduced yet?   :fudd:  :bow:
This was a awsome post until it turned into a poaching  :cry:

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
They should nuter him too ! hopefully he hasn't reproduced yet?   :fudd:  :bow:
This was a awsome post until it turned into a poaching  :cry:

sad that most trophy buck stories turn out to be something like this..

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
A local Mankato taxidermist has a 13 pointer that has really nice lenght and mass with giant brow tines that he got from a DNR Officer a few years back. The officer watched the guy shoot it with a rifle from the driver seat of his truck . Remember this is southern minnesota (not rifle country!) :puke: