Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Boar bags Boar  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well holy smokes ive been workin at his one, he was on the pile for a bout a week and a half, and I told my partner to get up here asap to kill this on cause he's big and feeding right around 7 every night. he comes up wensday to hunt and i take him in, he follows me in, get set up, i do my routine and walk out. this guy comes in about 640 just about to enter the site and backs out, nuthing doing. i tell my partner that he's done, "you cant sit nymore here, he's got your scent, picked up ur residual scent on the trail" he agreed and we decide that if we were gona get this guy, Id have to do it, so we let the site cool down for a day, I gave him my private stnd I have on my family"s 80 acres that is off limits to non family memebers. but i told this one time, you came 6.5 hrs to hunt and all the other sites are dead, this one has just started to pick up and its active. its were i was gona sit friday. but I had bigger plans now. Friday cam and Im fricken jacked up! had to leave work earliy cause i cant concentrate. I go home anf get ready and run bait in about 2 oclock come out and descent as best as one can and sneak back in. meanwhile my partner dose the same in my stand. 3 oclock "Let the games begin" well its a slow afteroon, but as the time ticks away to abut 640, there he is, just there outa nowhere, to my left, on the same trail he backed out on two nights before. He scent checks the same spot de dint like before and continues in, I let him circle th bait and didnt even give him a chance to roll a log and BLAMO! Pumpkin Head has left the building. piles up about 60 yards away. I shakin bad like my first bear, this guys is big. Im trying to text my wife, my partner and others but cant. I finally get a phone call out to my partner tha a big bear is down, I got one I say, me too! we doubled up, and the bastard got my chocolate! that came in for the first tiem since he played houdini on the acorns. offdah its gonna be long night!! and it was, I walk up to my bear that just keept getting bigger and bigger. his head was huge! and thought Im glad i took him with a rifle cause I didnt want him to run anyfurther. He tipped the scales at 340lbs, which pushes him close to 400. my biggest to date. i cant wait to get the skull meassure cause the head is bigger than my bigges skull by far and that measurted 19 4/16ths they keep it at 1/16's no 1/8's or 1/4 listing for measurements. My partners chocolate tiped at 205, I couldnt be happier for him. side by side it'd be a tough call to decide which one to take. but I sure do wish i coulda got a crack at the coco puff. Maybe I get some fishing in now.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
78.50"

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Nice job boar. Going to mount him?
Only bear we have coming in now is a sow with 3 big cubs.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
nice bear boar.. something nice about putting in all that work and having it pan out.

i spent yesterday chasing bears around northern wisconsin. i'm sore today from stomping through the swamp but we did fill the tag. I have some "projects" to do today but maybe tonight i can toss a pic or 2 up.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Congrats!  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Very nice job
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Congratulations Buddy!
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
good going!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: don't happen to have pics of that chocolate do ya??????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I have them on my fone that wer sent from my bud and the pic is in jpeg form and cant get to down load thru the  phone. ill se what i can do
78.50"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
That's a bruiser! Congrats!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
 :happy1: :happy1:   Nice!!
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so boar, what you and your buddy got planned for the hides???????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
im getting a head dress maybe or a 3/4 mount done and skull, buddy will mount it someway oranother
78.50"