Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953461 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn,
I going to be at the State High School Trap shoot tomorrow.  I will be in the MDHA booth. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morni g fellers, long day of spraying ahead of me, man i cant wait till this is over.  new phone seems to be working great. got alife proof case for it to. but its not boar proof. have a great day.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morni g fellers, long day of spraying ahead of me, man i cant wait till this is over.  new phone seems to be working great. got alife proof case for it to. but its not boar proof. have a great day.
there aint nuttin boar proof!!!!!!!!!! morning gents. tough day yesterday but we will getter done!!!!! back to the negotiating table again today.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well we all know it aint the fillet table now don't we..LMAO
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all.  Well TGIF.  Although it looks like I have to work tomorrow too.  Last Sunday I sprayed where I am going to have my food plot with roundup.  I have read many different thoughts on when you can mow down the tall grasses and I did some last night.  That gave it a 4 day soak.  I have heard 2 days is enough for it to get to the roots.  I hope that is correct.  It looks like rain today so won't be able to mow the rest of it for a few more days.  I have a Plotmaster 400 that I borrowed to disc up the plot once I get it all mowed.  What a cool looking tool.  It take a good sized wheeler to pull it.  I should be ok.  Now what to plant.  I have heard alfalfa so you don't have to do it every year but hard to find small amounts.  And like you all said some brassicas too.  I am going to put my fishhouse out there between some popples and hunt out of that I think.  It will be less than 100 yards from my house.  A gentlemens hunt.   :happy1:  May even get the wife to sit with me for awhile.  Would be nice to get a buck with my crossbow.  Never shot a deer with it yet.  We will see how it turns out.  Any ideas or advice is welcome.  I hope Dotch reads this as he seems to be an expert on farming things.  Well gotta go to the union job again so see ya all later.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
 Was able to get in a round of golf last night.  I had a par round going and bang shot a 7 on a par 4 and a 6 on a par 3 to end it.  My typical luck.   ;). Tonight the boy and I are going to get the camera back out in the woods.  This weekend it's a parade for cub scouts and then up north for a graduation.  Have a good weekend fellas. :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. Wet and wild here this AM. I have friends that came up and are fishing thru Sportsman today. One of them didn't make and they wanted me to go with them. Glad I decided to come to work. I imagine once the system moves thru it shouldn't be to bad. Have a good day.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I've noticed the few time I've been way too close to a lightning strike that it doesn't sound like normal thunder - it's like you described - an explosion.  You're too close for the sound to echo and rumble, it's just KABOOM!  Kind of like deer hunting, when a guy a little ways away shoots, you hear it echo and rumble through the trees or valley--you can hear the sound move.  But when you're the shooter, it's just BOOM! We had a thunder call like that one too, last night.  Definitely shook me out of bed.
When this was posted I was going to repy with. I  believe 2008 a tornado went through Spicer,Mn. That storm hit a ash tree with lighting bout 20-25 ft.right out our bedroom window! Split the tree right down the middle. It was a flash of blue light with instant ROAR of a 250lb bomb 20 ft away! We wound up under a mattress in the hallway really spooked! cause the storms rotation was obviously bad watchin it circle fast just to our north!

Heres the kicker it just happened again at 3:02 PM in the neighbors yard 100-120 ft away.I was mowing saw the storm commin put the car in the garage,Mowers in the shed,Came in to no TV the dish and storms dont work well.I was sittin lookin out a bay window admiring my mow job and the blue flash an instant BOOM made me jump Jeeze spookie.Been watchin for smoke from the kids trailor,Dont really know what it hit but it was a close one!!! OOFTA!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/17/16, 03:40:00 PM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Scary stuff that lightning. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a close one Dew.  I have heard that if lightning strikes a place that there may be a reason for it and it could happen again.????  Back in the late 70's a bunch of us were in a friends Ford Econoline Van.  One of those green ones that were so popular back then.  I loved that van.  Well we were at a Black Oak Arkansas concert that was in the country by Spencer IA I think.  One of those towns not too far south of the MN border anyhow.  Well it was a hot day and other bands played too.  We didn't bring enough beer.....  Well at the end of the day the sky started getting scary looking and people were starting to leave since the party ( I mean concert) was about done.  We had to drive back to Luverne, MN.  It started raining torrents on the way home and was black as night.  All of the sudden there was a loud explosion (just like mentioned) and it scared the heck out of us and made our ears ring.  We were all looking out different windows and we all said it was right out my window. That was close. 

It rained 1 3/4" again here yesterday.  The creeks are full and flowing like crazy.  When I went down to pump my boat out after work the Rainy has come up at least a foot.  Lots of current and the water is dark brown.  Probably don't need any rain here or east of here for awhile. 

Was just out on the deck with coffee and there were four deer in the pasture milling about eating stuff.   :happy1:  1 was a big doe with last years fawns still with her.  One of them was a buck and his antlers are getting pretty tall.  Again:  :happy1:  The other yearling is a doe.  Then my horse was looking at something and there was another doe by herself.  I bet she is the one with the little fawn that was in our yard the other day.  I hope she found her fawn.  Well now I have something to feed in my food plot when I get it done.....     

I have to go to work for awhile so see ya later. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
One time the wife and I got home about midnight or so and it was storming big time when we pulled in the garage. Lightning hit one of our walnut trees close to the house. KABOOM! We had a battery operated clock hanging in a central room of our home and that thing started going around backwards after that. Must have been a lot of crazy voltage running through the old farm house.
Unfortunately, time has still been going forward since then.
One other time I was milking cows in a parlor and the barn got hit. I went right down to my knees. The cows must have felt it cuz they all broke through the parlor gates, raising all kinds of hell. The electricity was gone and it turned out to be a crazy long day at work.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Gonna get 2 whole chickens injected, roasted, cut-up in juices and frozen for the cabin trip next week for sandwiches.  Going up Thursday night and staying through the 4th of July Weekend.  Also going to make a small batch of stick with my last 5 lbs of venison from tho year's deer - Going with Lem's from Fleet Farm for seasoning, did not have time to get an order into Curley's this week.  I've heard it's pretty solid, can't really go wrong with sticks

That will mark my first whole deer I've processed myself and I'm NEVER going back!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nice job thunder :happy1:

We had another 2 inches yesterday and the sump pump kicked on for the first time this year. Cub scouts in the parade and a graduation are on my agenda today.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all, perfect day for golf sunny and 88. Y'all have a good day
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY FELLAS!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning. Happy fathersDay guys!! a day to reflect, and count blessings. So many. I give thanks today for all I have, and every day. but today is special.
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I hear ya Boar.   Great post :happy1: I hope all you father's go out and do something special today and be a little selfish.   However I know we won't just like every other day we'll want to help those we love and do what makes them happy.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Fathers Day everyone.  Going to my two daughters houses.  They live right next door to each other.  Don't know what they are going to cook up but I'm sure it will be good and the beer will be cold.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Fathers and Grandfathers Day to all of you.  Coffee we just turned on the Open.  Maybe I will see ya on TV.  lol  I already posted this but it didn't take for some reason.  Will try again.  I have 3 -3lb slabs of pork belly on the smoker.  I had it in Pop's Brine for 8 days.  Fun to make bacon.  Your Canadian bacon looked great Boar.  May have to attempt that next.

We had some large hail and a couple of tornadoes spotted in the area this morning.   A guy south of us had windshields broken on some equipment.  The radio said some baseball sized hail was reported.  Glad all we got was 1/2" of rain.  That is 4" we have gotten this week.  Supposed to get in the mid 80's here so it will be a muggy one here. 
Well have a great day to all of you.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well it's back to reality today.   After work I'm going to do a couple more finishing touches to the fish house.   It also looks like some peas are ready to be picked in the garden. Have a good day fellas.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A little slice of time available so will type a little this a.m. Long weekend with the Back to the Fifties car show and Father's Day. Think we have the weeds in the soybeans beaten into submission for the 1st time anyway. 1st day of summer officially today with .11" of precip to celebrate overnight. After the car show Saturday had a birthday party to go to and seems I must've eaten something that sped my innards up pretty good. Got a lot done though. Office pest just showed up. He's like a bad smell. Can't get rid of him so think I'll implement evasive maneuvers and clean my truck out. He likes being sedentary.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well it aint morning but figured id check in. been pretty busy.sweat my .........well ya know off sunday get some things done at home. back to red wing come wed.

I did however get out dew and the generals turf. fished diamond lake from 5 to 8;30 pm. my buddy caught a 4 lb eye. that's it. made one trip trolling around the lake. stopped and checked out a hot spot I heard about once but nuttin doing. it was the motor operators fault. and dat wasn't me!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
well it aint morning but figured id check in. been pretty busy.sweat my .........well ya know off sunday get some things done at home. back to red wing come wed.

I did however get out dew and the generals turf. fished diamond lake from 5 to 8;30 pm. my buddy caught a 4 lb eye. that's it. made one trip trolling around the lake. stopped and checked out a hot spot I heard about once but nuttin doing. it was the motor operators fault. and dat wasn't me!!!!!!!
The spot I suggested for sunnies and eyes?? That spot needs heavy boat control and slow searchin!! Yer timing for the lake was way to late or much to early 5-8:30.Best for me was sunup till 9AM then back out 6-7PM and used the lights and a spot to run on in.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
so glenn sweated his a$$ of dusting his boots on sunday, see I told you it was an all day affair, with amount of dust accumulated. LOLOLOL!  Finished freezer pack my c bacon and waiting for other to finish in the brine. Have a gooday.!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

The spot I suggested for sunnies and eyes?? That spot needs heavy boat control and slow searchin!! Yer timing for the lake was way to late or much to early 5-8:30.Best for me was sunup till 9AM then back out 6-7PM and used the lights and a spot to run on in.
yep............and your correct on all accounts. its what I told him but he wanted to go to diamond!!!!!! he did catch that eye on that side the lake though!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so glenn sweated his a$$ of dusting his boots on sunday, see I told you it was an all day affair, with amount of dust accumulated. LOLOLOL!  Finished freezer pack my c bacon and waiting for other to finish in the brine. Have a gooday.!
didn't your wife and kids give you that one way ticket to nowhere for fathers day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i got a ticket to fiesta fathersday.
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  I have the rest of the week off.  Yes even us hard working Union Guys need some time to play.  I wanted to sleep late today.  Yesterday I had to work and could have slept later but couldn't.  Today I had the oppurtunity to sleep late and heard a bird chirpping at 4:36.  I finally got up at 5:30.  The wife just laughed at me.  I was thinking of clover and turnips and where to put my fishhouse/blind for the gentlemans deer hunt this year.  I just gave up and got up to have coffee with her before she blasts off to work.  I will do some more mowing and hopefully get to the discing stage today.  Curious to see how good that works.  It is a big unit for a 4 wheeler.  It is a Plotmaster 400.  Pretty cool.  I sure hope this plan comes together and the deer like it. 

Tonight is the meeting for the Take a Kid Fishing.  We fish tomorrow.  Always a good time.  Hope it is not too windy.  We went out on the big lake one year and it was rougher than we thought it would be and a kid got sea sick.  I still get kidded about that.  I won't take that chance again.  We just stay in the river if it is too rough. 

Well time to get moving.  Later.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Have fun barry. I left work at noon yesterday cause my back sip out pretty bad, now I'm on the heat before I haed to the chiro at 8, nothing I aint been use to for the last 20 years. I'm still pretty mobile but its a huge pain in the ass. this weeken is to be my last scheduald weekend hopefully. well not much new, still recovering from the Fathersday fiesta. Gonna make some more C bacon and eggs. Have a great day guys.
78.50"