Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4957100 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
It took many years, but I finally learned the hard way NOT to blurt or grab. My buddies still talk about the memorable time we were at our favorite nite hotspot (Anyone remember Dooley's?) and this cute little waitress in tight white pants kept bending over and sticking it in my face. What's a guy to do? I grabbed it! She spun around and slapped me so hard, I fell sideways off my chair. Brought down the house. Needless to say, that little tart did NOT get a tip THAT nite! I was the one that got tipped.  :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I went to a school in CA after high school.  We went to a place called Shipwreck Joeys every Wed night for $1 spaghetti.  There was this waitress that one of my buddys had the hots for.  She was Greek.  His brother who knew some Greek told him something cool to say to her in Greek.  He practiced it all week and was so excited to say it to her.  We all thought it sounded so cool.  Well Wed. rolled around and we all went down for cocktails and spaghetti.  When she saw him she smiled and came over to take our order.  He said the suave words and she got mad as hell and said something back to him and we could tell it wasn't nice.  Here his confidant who schooled him on his cool sentence said something real bad instead.  He had a lot of kissing up to do before she would like him again. 

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning and everyone have a good Memorial Day with your friends and/or family. Enjoy the day, cookouts, parades and a few cold ones. I'm just heading over to my brothers for a little cookout. Since I'm up this freaking early on my day off I think I'll go do a little early morning fishing before the sun comes up. Yinz all have a safe and fun day n'at.
« Last Edit: May 05/29/17, 03:10:23 AM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin, coffee you should have your fish by now!!!  good day yesterday!! today it's only going to be 55.  but today is not about that. 

today we salute those who gave all......

sure hope everyone has a great day with family and friends!!!

on a side note, that NASCAR race last night was interesting!!  good to see the "3" back in the winners circle!!!
« Last Edit: May 05/29/17, 06:51:11 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's 50*, damp, & windy for our start. I tied watchin the last 150 laps of the race too as there wasn't much else on. Couldn't make it to the finish though as the   :drinking: didme in. ;) :surrender:. Our company left about 11 yday to beat the traffic, so back to normal doofus-2124.gif here. ;D With the NW wind it will be tough getting out out on the lake, at least for people on our end. Probably 3-4' rollers after turning the corner leaving the bay. Not much on my list for today but I'll find a couple things to putz around with. Hope you have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the only reason I caught the end was cause I recorded it and watched as soon as I got up today!!!  other wise same deal for me as you!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Man Coffee that is early.  Hope you caught something.  Yup drizzly here too.  Gonna take the Grandson home this morning.  3 1/2 hrs each way.  May stop in Bemidji on the way home for some shopping or a bite to eat.  Sure had a good time with him.  He is such a good boy and "Grandma" is so good with kids too.  Makes it easy.  Went for a boat ride each day twice yesterday.  Tried to get out of the wind to fish and he had a little fish tapping on his line but we didn't hook it.  Still had a good time.  Will be pretty quiet around here now.  AND Happy Memorial Day to all.  Thanks to those who served..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
'Morning from Swampville. 54*, windy and cloudy with a predic of T-storms and rain.  Dang! Got a mess o' boneless Y ribs that I rubbed yday with Rebs Rib Rub, and gonna do a sweet 'n sour glaze on 'em just for kicks. If it is raining, I'll do them on the charcoal grill.
Let's remember what this day is for guys...get out and show your respect in some small way for all those who fought for our freedom.  :ustroops:

Time to rustle up some grub...enjoy yer day, guys. 

Startin' to look kinda ugly out there....what else in Swampville? My sump pump finally stopped running... :doah:
« Last Edit: May 05/29/17, 08:51:08 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning guy's.  Won't have much to show today as far as the smoker and grill goes.  Have some friends taking us to a high end resturant.  They are paying the bill.  Probably been over a year since I went to a restaurant.  I'll order my usual.  Whatever good burger they have, that's how I judge restaurants [by their burger].  They will say "come on get a big steak or some other good stuff" but I'll stick to the burger [the best they got].  Wish I was out on a lake somewhere deep in the wilderness.  I will pray for all of our veterans today and active soldiers, but out in the wilderness I sure would have the deep peace and quiet [outdoor noises are a comfort to me] to get into a deep prayer.  I'll shed a tear or two for some of my buddies who lost their lives as well.  Always do.  Comforting as well.  Have a nice one guy's!!  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hmmmm, some smarty pants sent this to me in the mail????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
HEEEE HEEE HEEEEEE!!!!!!!  Who would do that??!??!  Wasn't me!!!   :scratch:  :whistling:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
now that's funny!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I call my Dad, who is a great guy, every Vets Day and Memorial Day.  He served in Korea which was a very bad place to be.  He took it well and hates camping.  I don't think I have ever seen him in a tent.  He camped enough in Korea which has about the same weather as MN.   They camped winter and summer like it or not.  Think of that.  Camping or at least living in a fox hole at times and a tent at times for all 4 seasons.  He said they did have a heater at times.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tell your Dad I salute him!!!  and thank him!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEEEE HEEE HEEEEEE!!!!!!!  Who would do that??!??!  Wasn't me!!!   :scratch:  :whistling:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
OH I know who did it!!!!!!!!! pouty-1023.gif face_plant-2139.gif training-087 training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Mike.  Look forward to meeting you some time and I salute you too. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OH I know who did it!!!!!!!!! pouty-1023.gif face_plant-2139.gif training-087 training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Me too!  :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
So....was it the hosta's or the smurf "Berries"?  ......  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So....was it the hosta's or the smurf "Berries"?  ......  :rotflmao:
naw..........................it was called a Dotch "doofus"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: My only question is, is he gonna let his wife play with them or keep them all to himself?  confused-3316.gif :laugh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw on a cooking show yesterday as they were cooking stinging nettles.  Which sounds like a bad thing to do but I see it often.   They also were cooking hostas stalks from their hostas the grew around the house. They looked like good greens.  Man I don't know about eating nettles...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: My only question is, is he gonna let his wife play with them or keep them all to himself?  confused-3316.gif :laugh:
there ALL MINE!!!! :police: :bow: :moon: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all...........back to the grind..........off to Sioux falls for the day!!!!!!!!!!!! 51 and breezy here!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup morning all.  Man Glenn you cover a lot of territory.  Rainy looking morning here.  Short week since I have Fri off.  We  are going camping to LaSalle Rec Area south of Bemidji this weekend.  Will be fun and relaxing.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea fortunately the Sioux falls trip is every 2 months, the fargo, Bismarck trip is only every 3 months.!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Yep, back to the grind. Safe travels Glenn. At least it is only a 4 day week this week. Should get to Friday a little sooner atleast. Well, have a good one all.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, it's 45, windy, & wet here. Going to barely make 50 today for us, they're sayin. I got some yard work, & a little more shoreline cleanup done yesterday. Looks like a good morning for a indoor project to me. Now that glenn is back to work(?), our weather here can start improvning like it almost always does. ;) :laugh: Try to stay warm & dry everybody. Hope you have a good1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morin all, 48 here and looking for 57 if we are lucky.  windy cloudy day already with not much going on for out side work.  got some laundry and stuff on the inside to keep me busy enough for today.  have a great day all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
52*, Cold, windy, cloudy, gray, drizzly, crappy, ugly, dark and poopy here in Swampville. I need cawfee.   :coffee:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Was home for one day after nine days at the cabin fishing. Now back up today with a different crew. Let round two begin    :happy1: