Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953787 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we got 38* here. Headin towards 70, Reb's wedder buddies are sayin. ;) :smiley: :happy1: Lots of wind today & a 30% chance of some rain overnight, hope so, we could use it too. Finshed up the area on the north side with all the big pines yday, so I'll be putting down some fertilizer there too today. Been tryin to get some grass goin there for the last couple seasons, otherwise it's nothin but a cloud of dust. Have a good Sunday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Noticed that you, me, Glenn, my cousin, and lotsa other counties have a Fire Weather Warning for today..... :shocked:

yup, no green stuff yet!!!  all brown...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Mornin boys, we got 38* here. Headin towards 70, Reb's wedder buddies are sayin. ;) :smiley: :happy1: Lots of wind today & a 30% chance of some rain overnight, hope so, we could use it too. Finshed up the area on the north side with all the big pines yday, so I'll be putting down some fertilizer there too today. Been tryin to get some grass goin there for the last couple seasons, otherwise it's nothin but a cloud of dust. Have a good Sunday.

I gave up years ago trying to get grass to grow under pines, Gunner. It's a losing battle, IMO. They suck up all the moisture, then the ground dries out hard. Very little grass under my Spruce....so it just stays that way.  :angry:  If ya do, I'd suggest a good shade tolerant seed mix, like Schulz Shade. 

https://www.thespruce.com/grass-doesnt-grow-under-pine-trees-2152742
« Last Edit: April 04/29/18, 07:15:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it is a beautiful morning Rebs.  I dragged the pasture yesterday with the WD and a spring tooth drag that is 8' wide.  Kind of fun to do that.  The WD fired right up after sitting all winter.  So today I need to take the tracks off the Grizzly and put the tires back on.  Then I can hook the wood splitter to it and have the wood hauling trailer on the Sportsman.  It looks like that will lead me into splitting some wood today.  Man I just noticed it is windy as heck outside.  Darn.  May not be a good day for a fire then.....

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah Reb, I know I'm probably fighting a losing battle. :bonk: It's a big area that I'm just doing a little spot in the Spring & Fall. We've got a big bag of seed, probably not the right mix :scratch:, that'll probably never get used up any other way & access to all the compost we can haul out here as GR has a community composting site for anybody in the county to use. Got a couple small patches started last season, not sure it survived though. We'll see, it can't hurt much & I'm tired of all the dust. :mad1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, I know it's 4pm....but I've been busting my balls putting in turkey blinds, getting boats ready for open season, pm'ing lawn mowers (sharping blades and oil changes) for the upcoming season, preping gardens, preping food plots....urge!

Spring is fun, but, it sure can kill a guy.....be careful boy's....and take it slow.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
....and fertilizing and raking and seeding and deck staining and.....and.....   *OW* Too much!  :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi ya, front and back yard sucked up with the deck on the mow lawner on ultra low. The front over seeded and waiting on some moisture for fertilizer.  The back is in tough shape, looks pasture like from all the fetching and night crawlers ( think I seen Lee stuck on da fence by his arse escaping)  :rotflmao:. Gonna borrow the neighbor's lawn roller and squish the yard down with the  seed and fertilizer,  ya that'll do it.. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just have Glenn roll downhill after a beer.................. :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: April 04/29/18, 06:45:34 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, hard workers. Sunny and 57*, headed for a sizzling 83* and big winds. What I don't get...all weekend, the morjits have a Fire Warning out here due to dry conditions....today, hot and windy....(sounds like a Delmar Downdraft) and it's no longer in effect. Go figger.... :scratch:  Have a good monday, guys.

Today

Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 83. Breezy, with a south wind 14 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph.

Partly Sunny
and Breezy

High: 83 °F
« Last Edit: April 04/30/18, 06:55:29 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Another new week ahead of us. Had a nice weekend with the grandkids. The weather was nice for sure. Supposed to be nice again today, then cold tomorrow with a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow. The shoreline ice started to open up some yesterday, but boy is the lake really low this spring. Not much else new. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, I did a double take when I 1st glance at the outside temp as we had 53*. It looks like that wind blew pretty steady all night & along with the 70-75* today should continue to  put the hurt on our ice. Checking out dew2's Modis link yday it looked to me like we are a little ahead of most of the other lakes in the area.  :confused: :happy1: Not sure the rain forecasted will make it to us :scratch:, sure could use a 1/2"-3/4" all day steady soaker. It would really green things up & get rid of the last of the frost. Still slowly putzin away at my list, see what I feel like today. Hope ya have a good 1   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 56 here and had some rain over night..  could still rain this morning but not sure..  the shore here is really opening up here too!!  couple loons out there too..  going down to Sartell this morning, oh yea!!  hope it clears up so I can ride the bike  have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  It is 56 here already.  Sort of hazy out so maybe we will have some rain coming.  Could use it.  Like JB said the water is real low here.  My dock is sitting on the ground.  Wish they would open the dam at the Falls and let some water out.  Just having a cup of Java now and then going outside and do some putzing around.  Cut some more firewood for next winter.  Just another great day. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like yer well into retirement mode...!!! :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Another practice day Rebs.  Not done till the last week of July.  I have so much vacation that I am only working 3 and 4 day weeks till then.  Took the whole week of the 4th off too.  Can't tell you how relaxed I am.  lol  May even have 2 cups of coffee today. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/30/18, 10:59:15 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'! 52 at choretime. Wind blew most of the weekend and fields are coming along nicely. A lot of corn planting progress already for the short amount of time it's been fit to semi-fit. Many are over equipped to the point that corn planting can be done in a matter of 3 to 4 days if they put their mind to it. I was just happy they left me alone over the weekend. Got the Stude out Saturday. Sunday picked up most of the winter's mess from the snow removal/re-landscaping as well as all the twigs & branches from my tree pruning. Today I'm back to talking farmers down off the ledge and holding their hands. It'll be OK. You'll still get a crop even if you have to plant in early May. Trust me... :coffee:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/30/18, 10:40:01 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
is Reb over at your place harrassing the sheep??????????? :tut: :confused: :shocked: :shocked: looks like Mr. Sparkles is parked off in the corner of that picture??????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
HA! If he was, there'd be nothing but glare and sparkles in that pic!  :cool:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/30/18, 11:00:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nope glenn, that's just my slightly muddy, used but not abused Dotch 3/4 ton. If you dig around inside it though you might find some spare katchup packets!   :hubba:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ha..............that picture looks more like the sheeps expression when it seen you chasing it!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
ha..............that picture looks more like the sheeps expression when it seen you chasing it!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And that from an expert, guys!   :doah:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

If ya click on it Glenn, his eyes roll around like yers!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice looking ride Dotch!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks mikey! Speaking of rides, you should see all the hot 85 year old babes I pick up! When I roll the window down I tell them I got Depends & Poligrip. Works every time. On me like flies on a terd. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
make sure ya don't have the Mrs. with ya then!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  better not tell Glenn either, he will want in on the action!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, a date where you break out the Depends AND the Poligrip...  That is a hot night!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
make sure ya don't have the Mrs. with ya then!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  better not tell Glenn either, he will want in on the action!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yer right. A couple of them have mentioned something about a guy in a closet... :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Yer right. A couple of them have mentioned something about a guy in a closet... :scratch:
:confused: :confused: awe go do sone female phycatrist work. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: