Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953472 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of Buffets I used to meet a buddy of mine at the one in Alex.  Don't even know if it is still there.  It was just north of where all of the motels are now.  Great food and nice place.  Once we sat down and the cute Asian waitress comes over to ask what we want to drink.  She cheerily asked Pepsi??  I said 7 up please.  She again looks at me and asks Pepsi??  I said ok Pepsi as I smiled.  My buddy says root beer.  She asks Pepsi?  He looks at me and we almost broke out laughing and he says, yes Pepsi.  She walks away and we look at the table of 6 construction workers next to us at a table.  They are all looking at us smiling and yes they all had Pepsi.  LOL  Then we all starting laughing. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there was a Chinese buffet in there some where back then..  they moved out bu Wally world now..  sounds to me like that was the place!!  same service here too!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She was so cute we all would have had whatever she gave us. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Cheeseburger cheeseburger Pepsi!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya I remember that one.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang. 25 at choretime heading for the mid-30's. The way the wind is howling ya coulda fooled me! Turkey's been on the grill since 10:30 & I haven't even had an adult beverage yet. That has to be some kind of a record! Well, we're just gonna hafta change all that... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, time for a 🍺
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK then.  Time for holiday cheers then. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heading out for a bloody mary now!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
bloody mary and the buffet, WOW!!   excellent meal!!!  hope everyone else's is good too!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
bloody mary and the buffet, WOW!!   excellent meal!!!  hope everyone else's is good too!!
nap time?? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you in your wife's She Shed Glenn?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you in your wife's She Shed Glenn?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

with the killer dogs!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :tut: nope. Just opened my 2nd beer. Fixed trailer lite hookup on truck, put chains on 4 wheeler and pail rack. Waiting now for kids to show up.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: nope. Just opened my 2nd beer. Fixed trailer lite hookup on truck, put chains on 4 wheeler and pail rack. Waiting now for kids to show up.

So they can undo the wire wrapped around the chains and pail rack, and pull off all the duct tape.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/22/18, 07:08:17 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
 The powers that be will send you an email to let you know when the space station is visible where you are.
It really speeds across the sky.
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/signup.cfm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very cool Del.  Thanks

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not to upstage ya, Del....I've been using this one for 2 years. Gives ya direction, duration, and degrees it's at it the sky.....Seen it a buncha times....pretty breathtaking.

https://www.space.com/34650-track-astronauts-space-new-interactive-map.html
« Last Edit: November 11/22/18, 07:54:56 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. To cloudy here to see anything in the sky this morning. 31* right now, it has been warming up all night. Supposed to make it to the mid to upper 30s today. I was happy to be able to sleep again this morning and laid there wide awake at 5:30. So I finally got out of bed at 6 and made some coffee. Decaf of course, the caffeine makes my heart do funny things. Sure is hard to find a good decaf coffee. We grind our own beans and I like a bold coffee. About the most I can find is french roast decaf. Every now and then I will sneak some of the wife's coffee. I was feeling brave yesterday, I had to comes. Well, since I am up. Think I am going to grab some coffee and go mix up a batch of breakfast sausage. One of the projects for today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  a darn good day yesterday.. good food and visit with folks!! today is just another day so I'll see what it brings me!!  have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  I got up a 7, so much for sleeping in.  JB, I have been thinking of going Decaf.  I always thought it was a silly thing but I too have some days when the coffee makes me feel not good.  Kind of anxious.  I like a couple of cups but haven't been even having coffee some mornings.  My Uncle used to do the 50/50 combo of regular and decaf.  The Keurig makes it very strong which I used to like.  Now I just make it weaker in the regular coffee pot.  All went well yesterday except for the Bears winning.  Turkey turned out good the dressing wasn't too bad neither.  I will see how leftovers are and see if I need to tweak the recipe.  33 here now with some wind.  I see the openings in the ice got bigger with the winds and warm yesterday.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So we went for a walk around the property yesterday and as we walked around the camper we flushed a Canada Goose.  Surprised the heck out of us and the dogs.  It had a bad wing that was full of big chunks of ice.  I put it down.  Here it's tracks came from the river.  You could see how it dragged that heavy wing.  It came from an opening in the ice that was freezing shut.  He walked maybe 100 yards up to our buildings.  Fox tracks were all around it's trail but the fox didn't get the goose.  The coyote must not have been around that day.  I wonder how long it was in the water.  We haven't gone for a walk by the river for days cuz we don't want the dogs going through the ice.  Sad deal but we took care of it. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you did good for the goose LPS..  I quit drinking coffee a little over 2 years ago and I don't miss it..  just wasn't cutting it with me anymore..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting Mike.  Glad you brought this up JB.  I didn't have any all week and felt great.  Last Sat. when we went shopping I didn't have fun due to the coffee I had earlier.  I will get some decaf the next time I am in the store. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I drink Folgers's 1/2-calf caff (No cows involved) just enough to give me a slight perk. No pun intended. I like my cawfee strong, too. This works for me.  40* and waiting for rain. I ain't doin' NUTTIN' today!  NADA! You fellers have fun puttering or fluttering or whatever. My 1/2 caff is done.... :coffee:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/23/18, 08:01:47 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
WHAT!!  You've all been holding back on this.  I just live and learn.  I sure enjoy the coffee hour so will get me some Decaf today!!  Oh Ya.  I had heart palpitations the other day and was actually a little worried.  I talked to the wife about it.  SO my point being who needs a Dr. when you guys are here.  I think we talked about this the other day too.
« Last Edit: November 11/23/18, 08:10:04 AM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The NL came out to mow in her bikini this summer. I also had heart palpitations.  :shocked:
Being worried or stressed can do that, the "skip a beat thing". Mine did it all friggin' summer off and on with the stuff I was going thru, that's what made me go see my doc , who told me to COOL IT right now. Not doing it anymore.  Still, see yer doc if it continues, Barry. Have to keep you around, ya know.  :smiley:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Crazy CAWchester!   :doah:     https://kttc.com/

Is it appropriate though to call it Black Friday?   :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so Reb, are they lined up for best buy or the liquor store???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably both!!!!  :doofus: :rotflmao:   

Flat Farm has some real deals today, for you guys that want an air fryer....

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/as-seen-on-tv-5-6-qt-black-copper-air-fryer/0000000305903?Ntt=blackfriday2018
« Last Edit: November 11/23/18, 08:36:37 AM by Rebel SS »