Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Another one goes in.....  (Read 12855 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You get enough air time here already! :bonk: I don't need to jump on that wagon too, do I?  ;)  ;D

now that is funny!!!!!   :rotflmao: :laughroll:

a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Four men rescued after falling through ice in pair of incidents

Those attempting to navigate atop Minnesota’s not-so-icy waters were literally falling through the ice one after another over the weekend, further proof of the sketchy condition of the ice on many Minnesota waterways this warmer-than-usual winter and the need to use great caution if going out on the ice.

According to reports, three people ended up in the water late Sunday afternoon on Moody Lake in Chisago County.

First, an ice angler went through the ice. A passerby saw the man partially submerged in the water, according to reports, and in attempting to help, also fell through the ice. Then, a Minnesota Department of Natural Resources conservation officer reportedly attempting to help the two men out of the water also fell through.

Fortunately, according to reports, other first responders were able to rescue the three men, adding that they were all treated for hypothermia and were in a stable condition.

According to another report, also on Sunday, a sheriff’s deputy fell through the ice and into waist-deep water in Gray’s Bay of Lake Minnetonka in the Twin Cities metro area while checking on a man who was removing his ice-fishing shelter. He reportedly was pulled out without incident.

Ice fishing shelters were to be removed by today on inland waters across the southern tier of the state and March 20 in the northern tier, although with ice conditions that have been fast deteriorating for several weeks, the DNR has been urging anglers not to wait for those deadlines and to remove shelters as soon as possible. The final deadline for shelter removal is March 31 — on waters bordering Minnesota and Canada, such as Lake of the Woods. But ice conditions have been much better there than other parts of the state, with reports of 20 inches-plus or so of ice still the norm.

« Last Edit: March 03/06/17, 06:39:46 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
McGregor man airlifted after four-wheeler falls through ice

A 59-year-old McGregor man was airlifted to North Memorial Medical Center after the ATV he was operating broke through the ice on Sandy River Flowage leading into Big Sandy Lake.

At 12:11 p.m. today, the Aitkin County Sheriff’s Office received a report from a resident that he believed an ATV had gone through the ice. The McGregor Fire Department, Aitkin County Sheriff’s Office and the McGregor Area Ambulance responded.

At the scene, fire department and sheriff’s office personnel found ATV tracks leading to a hole in the ice. They located the 2015 Polaris Ranger in about 8 feet of water with the driver in the cab. He was transported by McGregor Ambulance to the McGregor airport and then airlifted by North Air Care. The ice varied in thickness from about three inches to ½ inch.

The name of the driver is being withheld at this time.

According to the Up North Riders ATV Club, their Spring Ride event scheduled for Saturday has been cancelled.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard on the 5 o'clock news that he died.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
that's way to bad!!!!!!!! :doah: :doah: if I could only way i'd go on the ce now is way up north!!!!!! just plain not worth it!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the news on the radio this morning is saying 2 ATV's went threw the ice yesterday.  One on Lake Ida and the other on Osakis.  just the wheels went threw the ice they said.  wonder where the next one will go into the drink?

the one on Ida was 90 years old!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i'm thinkin the only place i'd feel safe on any ice is north of hwy 2 at this time!!!!!!!

hey Mike.............do you live right on osakis?????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
yea i'm thinkin the only place i'd feel safe on any ice is north of hwy 2 at this time!!!!!!!

I'd bet not. Hard to build on water. Maybe a houseboat.  Bet right next to it.  ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I'd bet not. Hard to build on water. Maybe a houseboat.  Bet right next to it.  ;)
:moon: :moon: :censored: :doah: tut_tut-3315.gif face_plant-2139.gif face_plant-2139.gif training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: PUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

would not go onto the ice there either!  no, I live on Little Lake Osakis, across from Head of the lakes resort kind of.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:moon: :moon: :censored: :doah: tut_tut-3315.gif face_plant-2139.gif face_plant-2139.gif training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: PUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mornin', squirt! You too, Mikey!  Frost on the onyum sets this morning!  :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

would not go onto the ice there either!  no, I live on Little Lake Osakis, across from Head of the lakes resort kind of.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: we expect fishing reports from you this summer bucko!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya! And pics!! If Glenn can...never mind!  :azn:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have to work on that.