Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Female Hunting Personality Commits Suicide  (Read 2825 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Female Hunting Personality Commits Suicide in Wake of Online Harrassment

In absolutely tragic news, a European hunter has reportedly taken her own life after weeks of online harassment.

Melania Capitan, 27, was well-known in the online hunting communities amassing a large following as she depicted her outdoor-inspired life.  Much the same as many of us, Melania’s profiles were filled with images, blogs and videos of her living her life in the great outdoors.

The young hunter apparently left a suicide note after receiving a number of online threats, which did not subside in the wake of her tragic death.

As the Daily Mail reported on the story, the derogatory comments continued to pour in, adding salt to the still fresh wound.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Melania and her family through this difficult time.  It is times like these when the hunting community needs to band together and continue to support fellow hunters and our way of life.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is just so wrong!!!!!!!!!  that is sad lose for the world!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
man that's a shame. people nowadays have no clue. maybe i'm cut from a different loaf......but to me those that were harassing me would of got more then they bargained for in my responses.

and I say that in some sarcasim cause i'm not truly sure what kind of threats she did in fact receive. this is just wrong in so many ways!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is terrible.  There was a young girl on the news last night too that ended her life due to people making her miserable.  I think she was in 6th grade.  How devastating it must be to feel so bad due to some a__holes.  I think they should publicize the people's names and pictures that caused these events.  It has happened to 2 high school kids here in the last 3 or 4 years too.  Everyone knows who the a__holes are too.  Their parents are part of the problem.  "My kids wouldn't do that".  Jerks raise young jerks!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree LPS. What a loss. It is the a$$holes that should be gone.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  That is a tragic story.  It is  sad that young people can get so caught up in social media that they would take their life because of it. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't imagine people being so mean.  They must be very unhappy with themselves too.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
As sad as it is I can't say I ever seen this gal on the tele? She looks really young.tragic loss of life for what purpose?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't recognize her either.  Good looking girl along with the show she had so much going for herself.  Hope they publicize the a__holes that were involved.  People do know who they are so they should put their pics on social media.