Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Coon Lake  (Read 2346 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Anoka County Sheriff's OfficeLike Page
20 hrs ยท
Thin Ice!
The Coon Lake Boat Access at Thielen Blvd in East Bethel has been closed due to dangerous conditions. In the past two weeks, two cars have gone through the ice. Anyone going onto the ice needs be extremely cautious.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Thanks for the update!  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
About 30 years ago Coon Lake was freezing out on winter.  A buddy of mine heard about it.  You could catch as many fish using any means you wanted.  When you cut a hole with a chain saw fish came right up to the hole to get oxygen.  The northerns are first they told us.  By the time we got there all that was left was hundreds of bullheads at the hole.  You could just stand there and net them.  We got buckets full.  Then went and drank beer and cleaned bullheads for hours.  Some guys had air compressors running hoses into the water so the fish were attracted by the oxygen provided by it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
My Dad and I use to beer-batter and deep fry buckets of bullheads. He and I would eat the entire platter.  :azn:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
bullheads great ground up into hotdogs!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :crazy: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

we used to catch them as a kid, had an old  neighbor fella smoke them.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As a kid I used to catch them in the spring before the other seasons opened.