Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What not to buy  (Read 3089 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My new neighbor, (money usually not an issue) bought one of these to spray his food plots.  I stopped in just as he got started yesterday.  It's a 60 gallon boom sprayer with 6 nozzles (my guess 12 total feet).  He planned to stop by my place to spray mine after he completed his approximately 5-6 acres.  When he go to me the boom was pretty much destroyed and the whole rig was held together with straps. Each side of the boom folds in two places.  They had the outside segments folded back and turned off because they basically broke all metal holding them in place.  The other pieces were flopping around like a willow branch in the wind.  At first they thought we would not be able to spray mine but I had a plan.  I lashed an 8 foot piece of 1x2 ash board to the boom to stabilize it and we were off to the races.  Lots of work will be needed before this sprayer can be used again.  Pretty flimsy stuff for around $1000 I'd say.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
take it back I'd say..  to bad but it sure seems like more and more products are like that these days!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I almost bought one of those years ago. They looked flimsy back then. I ended up building my own for a lot less money. Granted, I can't cover a 20 ft swath with mine (about 12 ft) But, it works.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What a shame.  It is a nice looking unit too.  Cheap junk is not hard to find anymore. 

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Dang, may be he needs to plow his plots a little smoother so he doesn't beat the crap out of well built equipment like that!  :coffee:    :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, I'd be pissed if that happened to me after spending that kind of money.  But maybe the land he was spraying like Leech said was rough?  Even so, for a grand it should hold up.  Nice of him to offer to help with the spraying.  good luck.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I would return it also.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I almost bought one of those years ago. They looked flimsy back then. I ended up building my own for a lot less money. Granted, I can't cover a 20 ft swath with mine (about 12 ft) But, it works.

Could you share a photo and a list a materials that you used to build your own?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Could you share a photo and a list a materials that you used to build your own?

When I drag it out of the shed to spray my food plot...I sure will!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We bought one several years ago.  Just a 15 gal tank with a wand.  No wheels it just sits on the wheeler.  I made a two nozzle boom that works fine.  It's about 12 years old and the pump is getting weak so I may need another one soon.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***