Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge  (Read 30569 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

:offtopic:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

But, But, I love the only 4 major food groups! Do you think I'm going to Die?  :pouty:

You made a mistake. There's 5 major food groups.  :tongue:

And some foods belong to two food groups at the same time!   :happy1:

Jello Shots!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And if you use lime jello with cottage cheese & carrots in it, like yer Mom did, ya got it pretty much whipped.    :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Actually what I had for lunch.
First time trying and not bad. Baked Cauliflower steak. 
Little butter, garlic salt, paprika, and parmesan cheese.  :happy1:
:scratch: :scratch: where's the hat??? pants on chair??????????????????????

Yeah, that's not my shtick.  :tut:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
And if you use lime jello with cottage cheese & carrots in it, like yer Mom did, ya got it pretty much whipped.    :rotflmao:

:puke: :puke: :puke:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had one of my ham, pepper, and cheddar omelets...one maple pattie, and a banana for breakfast. Ate the 'nanner while omelet was cookin'.  :azn:
« Last Edit: January 01/31/20, 09:17:43 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great Rebs.  Is that your egg stuff in a carton? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup! Pretty versatile. Scrambled eggs,omelets, can add to recipes calling for eggs, etc.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Does that keep for a long time and is it better for us than eggs?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, date on carton is usually at least a month or more out....I think it's pasteurized. No fat, cholesterol, or bad stuff. Basically it's just tinted egg whites with added minerals.

WARNING:
Contains: eggs.     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size46g
Servings Per Container10.0
Amount Per Serving

Calories25
Calories From Fat0
% Daily Value
Total Fat00%
Saturated Fat00
Trans Fat0g
Cholesterol00
Sodium904
Potassium700
Total Carbohydrate< 1.0 g0%
Dietary Fiber0g0.0
Sugars0g
Protein510%
Vitamin A4.0
Vitamin C0.0
Calcium0.0 mg0.0
Iron0.8 mg4.0
Vitamin D0.4 mcg2.0
Vitamin E8.0
Riboflavin50.0
Vitamin B62.0
Folic Acid36.0 mcg8.0
Vitamin B124.0
Pantothenic Acid8.0
Zinc4.

When you want the similar flavor of real shell eggs with fewer calories, try a 16-ounce carton of EGG BEATERS Original Real Egg Product. Made from real egg whites with added vitamins and minerals, EGG BEATERS provides a good source of protein and half the calories* with no cholesterol or fat, so you can enjoy your breakfast fuss-free and guilt-free. The convenient carton makes it easy to pour and measure eggs for any recipe and holds the equivalent of seven large eggs. So quickly scramble with your favorite vegetables for an easy breakfast or use them as a replacement for eggs in any of your baking recipes. Eggs aren't bad for you, but when you want to cut back on cholesterol, calories or fat, make a simple swap for EGG BEATERS Original Real Egg Product.
« Last Edit: January 01/31/20, 09:53:59 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i've built a few of them dryers they use to make those powdered eggs and powdered milk~!!!!! :smoking: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I worked in those places too!!  Long Prairie, Perham and Monticello...  oh and Gaylord too... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You two were probably fighting over the donuts and didn't even know each other!  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
conflict of interest............ :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You two were probably fighting over the donuts and didn't even know each other!  :rotflmao:
:angel: :angel: :angel: i wasnt wondering all over the country back then. they needed my welding skills in house!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
In other words, they didn't want ya messing up things all over the country....  ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
In other words, they didn't want ya messing up things all over the country....  ;D
:tut: :tut: :tut: i spent the first 2 years working there going around the country helping fix other peoples wrecks!!!!!! some of the places i remember are the hershey plant in hershey PA after 3 mile island.
a kraft plant in wausaua wi.....they made cheeses
a kraft plant in melrose mn......on there blue cheese machine
a LOLAKES  plant in browerville.....they made butter.
at a dairy in queens new york
a dairy in champaign illiois......they made flavored drinks.was a dean foods.
in rochester mn.....sent tank back for repairs.....warranty work......truck driver hit bridge delivering it.
springfield virginia
upstate new york 
just some of the places i remember of the top of my noggin!!!!!!!

so there.............. :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :evil:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:shocked:   :bow:

« Last Edit: January 01/31/20, 10:54:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
TL, how ya coming?

Decided to try shedding some of the excess winter lbs. early this time around & having some success. The carb thing is a big deal. After watching the guy at the office go thru his carb control diet for diabetes & lose 30 lbs. & seeing some of what my brother who is an insulin user does, it gives me something to loosely base my intake on. I get no help as I said before from the spousal unit so I just have to go it alone. Besides, I do 95% of the cooking & grocery shopping anyway. There's a lot of protein and fiber involved. I'm getting plenty of carbs at times but when I do a bunch, I make a conscious effort for an uptick (see how I slipped that one in there Reb?  :rotflmao:) in physical activity. Doing extra outdoor work in the cold doesn't hurt. Fresh air ain't all bad either. So far so good. I'm down 8 lbs. in the last month.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did ya take a big poop?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Barry says eat yer fiber.....or something like that.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife and I are starting to go back to the Keto type diet next week.  5 days keto and the weekends no keto.  worked last time.  those 2 days of cheating were great and kept us into keto.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did ya take a big poop?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Barry says eat yer fiber.....or something like that.

Eat that Greek Yogurt.  I need to get back on that stuff.  Pretty darn good.  Get the good stuff you will like it better.  Throw some chunks of fruit in it.  Blueberries??    I think of this whilst on the throne.  I am so glad I don't hearing any of youse having constipation so I know you all took my advice and started stool softeners and are very happy.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: Well, Barry's usually full of it so... :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I eat yogurt every nite; just not the Greek. Don't care for it. Yoplait cherry, strawberry, raspberry, lime, raspberry cheescake, boston creme pie, vanilla, peach........ :tongue:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am watching carbs more now and the wife is helping some.  BUT I love her and what did she do the other day?  Made a butter cream cake and topped it with some butter cream frosting.  I put a big chunk in a bowl and pour milk (which I use moderately) on it so it is just luscious. That ain't helping much.  SO the Keto is all of the meat, eggs, cheese, etc. right RH?  Just no carbs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She had one or two portions and quit so now I am eating the whole cake.  Can't throw it away can I?   :sleazy:  That would insult the woman I love and we can't have that!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Reading up on Keto as we write.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Eat that Greek Yogurt.  I need to get back on that stuff.  Pretty darn good.  Get the good stuff you will like it better.  Throw some chunks of fruit in it.  Blueberries??    I think of this whilst on the throne.  I am so glad I don't hearing any of youse having constipation so I know you all took my advice and started stool softeners and are very happy.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Just eat a banana 😋
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm officially DONE! I tried to post a pic of my semi-healthy Superbowl celebration meal but my phone is not letting me post for some reason.  My Wife and I lost a combined 20 lbs and feel great.  Aside from a few tougher days documented in this thread, it was a very positive experience.  I am enjoying a few carbs again in moderation and BEER!  But I will say that 30 days was enough to condition me into some sustained habits -or more of a sense of self-inflicted guilt for not keeping it up. It helps that I like a lot of the healthy stuff, but I'm definitely continuing the carb free breakfasts and lunches during the week, and also trying to be a little more health conscious about my suppers but no longer turning down potatoes and bread.  I don't want to ruin a good thing, so taking it a meal at a time.  Weekends, I think will be more of a free-for-all, but still trying to do mu best there, too.  It's tough with two kids in Hockey and constantly going to games/practices and not being home (Like tonight).  I've found that Subway (Spinach wrap with chicken) and Chipotle (Fajita Burrito Bowl w/ chicken) have been my go-to's for healthy options and I like both (especially Chipotle) so it's a treat.  Sushi is also great but my wife wont touch it, so that's just my thing.

BUT I'm not totally a changed man, I got a lot of sausage lined-up to make from last year's deer and I just bought a 36" Blackstone outdoor flat top that I can't wait to bust out.  Especially looking forward to pancakes and big breakfasts on that as it gets a little nicer out.  But that's a WHOLE other thread.  Thanks for all your support and I hope this thread has been informative if not mildly entertaining. Will continue to post other good healthy recipes I find and further progress (or regress  :rotflmao:)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn right TL.  Have enjoyed learning from you on this.  Thanks.