Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnewaska 12.30.07  (Read 5974 times)

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Minnewaska 12.30.07

Ice conditions are great!  Most reports were 12 to 14 inches but I bet it is a couple more inches by now.  Small vehicles and F150 or Chev 1500s can be seen driving out even though most people are still walking or ATVing out...I just don't think people are used to this good of ice this early anymore.

All accesses are in really good shape with only mild ridges...easy to drive over.  DNR landing is probably the best to drive a fish house over but the others are certainly passable as well.

The crappie bite has been slow...however, I see them swimming by the camera all of the time...so they are there.  Any recommendations on how to get them to bite?

Sunfish bite is very strong again but the sizes are a little smaller than last year...more 5 to 6 ouncers but you get your 7 to 8 ouncers as well.  The 7 to 8s really pick up between 4 and 6pm.  Compared to other lakes, it is still hard to beat the panfish bite and sizes on Minnewaska...and they task good too! (smile)  Key is to get to 12 to 15 feet for the best bite and sizes...Crappie Town or out from Lakeside is good.

Pike and ALOT of largemouth this year.  I have never seen so many bass on the camera.

I get some really good reports on walleyes but not as many as last year.  But you know how walleye fisherman are...as tight lipped as the fish they are fishing.

There are some nice weather days ahead so get out on the ice!

Kyle

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
I was maybe thinking of trying Minnewaska on the 12th. Do you think the ice is good enough for a 1/2 ton pulling a 20ft house?
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away