Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Tire pressure  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't want to hijack Thumpers tire thread so thought I'd start a new one. Back in the 90's I had a tire/alignment guy tell me whatever that tire is rated for keep it there, ya mine musta been off. Ever since then all my trucks, cars, boat trailers you name it they are set to it. My 2002HD Gmc had Bfgoodrich E rated tires that I ended up with close to 70,000 before I switched them out, ya they were plenty loud towards the end but i ran the same psi all around. This 2016HD had Firestone destinations brand new, BUT were set 60 up front and 80 in the rears. I ran it that way cuz that's what the dealers recommended and not to mention Discount tire. As I mentioned on the other thread I only ran them 42,000 until they had to go. This set of Coopers I'm running my own old school way, rated for 80 psi they are all set at 72 psi. So far so good I'm at 35,000 on em and will definitely pass 42,000. Fir the price of tires it's worth a shot I say.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Seems high....almost all of the tires I've had on my cars, trucks and my new SUV are 35psi....never had anything past that.
« Last Edit: December 12/05/23, 06:21:42 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't want to hijack Thumpers tire thread so thought I'd start a new one. Back in the 90's I had a tire/alignment guy tell me whatever that tire is rated for keep it there, ya mine musta been off. Ever since then all my trucks, cars, boat trailers you name it they are set to it. My 2002HD Gmc had Bfgoodrich E rated tires that I ended up with close to 70,000 before I switched them out, ya they were plenty loud towards the end but i ran the same psi all around. This 2016HD had Firestone destinations brand new, BUT were set 60 up front and 80 in the rears. I ran it that way cuz that's what the dealers recommended and not to mention Discount tire. As I mentioned on the other thread I only ran them 42,000 until they had to go. This set of Coopers I'm running my own old school way, rated for 80 psi they are all set at 72 psi. So far so good I'm at 35,000 on em and will definitely pass 42,000. Fir the price of tires it's worth a shot I say.

Running mine the same but something I was told is to be sure they change the pressure when they rotate them.  Some of the "choice mechanics" in the tire shops these days will rotate them and never check the pressure.   I have only 250 miles on them as of right now so to early to tell.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
my tires say 44lbs and that is what i put in. its easy on 2 vehicles here at home.......in the spring up at the cabin, there's 32 friggin tires in the new big shed i check every spring......and every one i gotta get my glasses on a flashlight and check how much air goes in. seems tires on the same trailer is different. fun fun..........thats a multiple day process.  :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
With the newer vehicles you have the stupid sensors so need to somewhat follow the vehicle manufacturers pressures.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
With the newer vehicles you have the stupid sensors so need to somewhat follow the vehicle manufacturers pressures.

They are programable.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
use the car remote if I remember right
« Last Edit: December 12/05/23, 07:31:19 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
60 and 80 psi.  Dang what are you running 10 pile lumber wagon wheels?  Never heard anyone running any std truck or car with tires that hard?   :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
use the car remote if I remember right
:scratch: I did not know that. I will have to look into that. Otherwise I think it is 70 rear and 60 front on my 2500 chebby.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang what are you running 10 pile lumber wagon wheels?  Never heard anyone running any std truck or car with tires that hard?   :scratch:

Leech yes I am running 10 ply on mine.  I pull a 32' 5th wheel and my Pro-V.   Had to look last night to see what we set mine at.  We are running them at factory recommended 60 when not pulling the camper and 80 max load when we hook that up.  But I too run them all the same pressure.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I just replaced the OEM tires on my ride & my car barely had 20K on it. One of the top of the line Bridgestones too. They recommend 33psi on my car & I try to keep them a # or 2 above that.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
On my Ram the tires are about 42.  In our camper I have them filled to 50.  It is a 26' travel trailer.  What do you run on campers?  I always wonder what the best pressure is.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
On my Ram the tires are about 42.  In our camper I have them filled to 50.  It is a 26' travel trailer.  What do you run on campers?  I always wonder what the best pressure is.

I run max recommended pressure on the camper and boat tires.  Whatever it says on the tires. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here as Scenic

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be nice to change them.  Running 8 # lower it doesn't take much for the light to come on the rears,  fronts no problem running higher since theyare set lower. If hauling can always go up since the tires can handle it.