Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: another outdoors site  (Read 10464 times)

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Leech lake guide, Walker, Mn.
I like it here and I like the people here. Just a fun place.

Watch out for Glenn57 he likes to stir the pot..  :smiley:
Bob Auel
Leech lake Guide with www.leisureoutdooradventures.com Guide Boat 2007 19' 3" warrior
218-836-2014

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
And I can poke Delmar about his Souse-o-matic while he chides me about the NL, knowing we're kidding, without someone deleting it and whining to Der Fuhrer Rick that now the topics been totally ruined. Best group of people I've ever met on here and happy to consider them all my friends.
« Last Edit: June 06/21/19, 12:30:57 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to ya again bud!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Boob. Been a long hard haul. And watch that knee. I spent all Wednesday in the ER with severe left knee pain that been going on for two weeks. They can't figger it out.

Back to the "Other site" stuff. Gotta agree all the way with Barry, the stuff we were told to do as Mods, or else.....that's where I said screw it and did this... :moon: , as Glenn would say.
« Last Edit: June 06/21/19, 01:00:14 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
And I can poke Delmar about his Souse-o-matic while he chides me about the NL, knowing we're kidding, without someone deleting it and whining to Der Fuhrer Rick that now the topics been totally ruined. Best group of people I've ever met on here and happy to consider them all my friends.

HEY HEY HEY!!!!  good to see ya back Reb!!!!!  go get Delmer!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome back Reb! Glad the NL let you back on the computer again!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
God, I WISH it woulda been something like that Art.  :rolleyes:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
HEY HEY HEY ITS REEEEEEB ALBERT! and not gona sing a song for you....
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The Rebmeister returns!  :happy1: Del will be delighted to slow poach you something with his Souzy Homemaker to celebrate.  :cheerleader:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to see you’re back Reb.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome back Reb.  Glad to see you back.  Ya I remember the days on HSO.  I had a ton of posts on there and started many pages, especially Cooking.  I finally left due to being harrassed and insulted on there for simply giving folks information on the North Shore.  When the steelhead were running.  I had the most recent information because my brother was fishing the streams daily.  Some that lived there hated that and wanted me to stop.  I was responsible for all the cities fishermen coming up there and trashing the place ect.  So I responded to the two main guy's up there.  They deleted my post.  Did not say anything nasty on there in my response.  Just said that is what a site is for, giving information to people.  That was a long time ago.  Rick even contacted me a few times to try to get me back.  I told him there were many examples but that one broke the camels back and I left.  I remember guy's on there giving Reb a hard time also.  I was a moderator there also.  I defended Reb and got more grief.  This site is so much better, night and day.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
plus im here!! :rocker; ;D
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm glad to see you're back, RH. You've been a huge asset on both sites. One of the members wanted me to ask Rick if he'd allow a small post of his business on there, or allow a post sending them to his biz. I asked Rick, and he said no. I asked him why not? The guys a member here...his answer was "He isn't paying me". I told him he isn't paying us either, to do his bidding and build his income. He'd ignore you at that point, and that was the end of that. Sorry, I call it like I see it. That's why he pulled me as a mod. Said that's "Not what we're looking for here". I told him I'd like to boot his azz. That's when he said I suddenly "made threats" and I was banned. Ha! But, I'm not here to bash that site. I'll just say, to quote Bugs, what an ultra-maroon. What an eskimo pie head.   :bonk:
« Last Edit: June 06/21/19, 04:07:21 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yea, I've never been, or even thought about making any money at this.
To me, it's always been about the comradery and the sharing of information.
It should be about us, as outdoorsmen and women.
There isn't a whole lot of places you can go to ask questions, and get a decent answer without being trashed for "not knowing"  :bonk:
You can even see it on some of the "closed groups" on Facebook...you get slammed for asking questions.  :angry:
I feel like this is a bunch of friends sitting around a camp fire B.S.'ing and that's the way it should be.  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, and where else can ya have members make a list to remind you of the thing you don't like to eat?    :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/21/19, 06:28:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, and where else can ya have members make a list to remind you of the thing you don't like to eat?    :rotflmao:

:happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
AND there is not all of the bickering and fighting here.  If you said something on HSO you may get beaten up by someone with a different opinion.  Including the moderators.  Felt like kindergarten. 
NO SILLYTOWN here!! :happybounce: :party1: :cheerleader: :Clap: :cool: Couldn't even have a conversation over there at times without Lmit out & a few others buttin in & takin it personal. :tut: :pouty: :thumbs: :crazy: OK enough bashing that other place. I still check in every once in a while to see how much trouble Leech~~ & smurfy are gettin in to though. :rolleyes: :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 06/22/19, 07:29:02 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is there really any way to measure how much trouble and pot-stirrin' the smurf does?!  :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Is there really any way to measure how much trouble and pot-stirrin' the smurf does?!  :scratch:

good question!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If nothin else, I just check the soup to see how hot it is. ;) ;D Then I have a good idea of how much stirrin he's been doin. :tut:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It does seem like a lot of work that you go through for no pay HD. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Just knowing all of us should be more than adequate compensation.  :rotflmao:  :nerd:
« Last Edit: June 06/22/19, 01:44:05 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Just knowing all of us should be more than adequate compensation.  :rotflmao:  :nerd:

If I had $.10 for every putz I know on this site....I'd have a dollar  :nerd:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I think knowin glenn's worth $.20. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought that's who HD was referring to.... ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope I don't start something that will irritate anyone by bringing this up BUT,  I visit the Allischalmers.com site now and then and have learned a lot there.  They have a Donation thing where you can donate any time you want with a credit card.  Completely voluntarily.  Could you rig up a thing like that HD?  OR does it cost money to do that?  Just an idea.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
this glenn thing. i think hes is worth the 8cents and the moldy cpt crunch pellet in the couch cushion maybe, throw in the dusty pen and water bottle cap for good measure.
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I hope I don't start something that will irritate anyone by bringing this up BUT,  I visit the Allischalmers.com site now and then and have learned a lot there.  They have a Donation thing where you can donate any time you want with a credit card.  Completely voluntarily.  Could you rig up a thing like that HD?  OR does it cost money to do that?  Just an idea.

Dunno, never really thought about it. I can check the modification page for SMF if you are serious.
But, I really don't need much to keep this site going.
The only issue (for me) with this site is that the server is overseas, and sometimes it takes a few hours to get it going if it crashes.