Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I'm Disgusted  (Read 2175 times)

Offline CAB

• Outdoorsman
Last night I went to Sand Dune state forest to camp out and turkey hunt the next day. I show up to a spot I wanted to camp and there is 2 dead deer dumped in the area, flies everywhere. I move up the road a little to another spot and find what are 3 dead deer bodies. Plastic bags used to hold some of the guts and whatnot. All I can think is WTF!! As a sportsman and someone who hasn't lived here a year I couldn't be more disappointed. I have lived in ME, WA, CO and now I call MN home. This state from an outsiders perspective is so well respected in the hunting community. When people found I was moving here they all couldn't say enough nice things about the sportsman here and how hardnosed, tough and dedicated they are. I don't know who did this and I'm sure it's not someone on this wonderful forum but I can't tell you how upsetting it was to see this. I have quickly fell in love with the natural beauty of this state as well as grew to hate the buck thorn. I'm just a bit shocked and upset to see such a thing. Is this normal in this area? To be clear I don't know if this is other hunters or poachers but it is so crazy to see.
« Last Edit: May 05/21/22, 08:44:54 AM by CAB »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Did you call the DNR?
Just, an FYI....the DNR and the county's roadside service dump road kills in some of the county's parks for the wildlife to eat.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow CAB, crazy. But what HD said. But the leaving the bags there they would not do. I'm sure it has changed since when I lived down there. It has been 15 years. I used to spend a lot of time in the serburne refuge and never seen anything like that.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I never knew that the DNR & Countys did that but it does makes sense. I didn't think that they'd leave it in plastic bags though.  :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nope, they wouldn't leave bags. That's why I asked if he contacted the DNR.
But I have seen piles of deer dropped off at some WMA's where there are know Wolf & Coyote packs.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Guessing dumped deer by legal means and the dumper got lazy or missed a bag.

2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Where do you live?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sand dunes state forest is west\sw of Zimmerman.
Hey look your bobber is up!