Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: LOCAL MAN MISTAKES LARGE JACKALOPE FOR DEER  (Read 4356 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

by Paul Johnson

LOCAL MAN MISTAKES LARGE JACKALOPE FOR DEER
     Caleb Johnson of Brainerd MInnesota had both a regular license and a bonus doe tag for the 2020 rifle season, but little did he know that it would be the addition of a small game option that would pay off this year. 
     Johnson was sitting in his stand on opening morning when a nice size buck appeared to be hopping through a wooded area.  “I could only get an occasional glimpse of him though the underbrush,” Johnson reported, “and I thought that maybe he had been shot by another hunter.  It was clearly a buck, so I decided to take the shot when I could.”
     It wasn’t until he approached the dead animal that he knew something was amiss.  “It was the fluffy tail that caught my attention first,” said Johnson.  “Then I noticed the enormous padded feet - no hooves at all.   When I came around to the front and saw the face, it was then that I knew I had something special.”
     The Jackalope was brought in to the local Department of Natural Resources, and antler testing confirmed that it was indeed a “greater doanbaleevdis jackalopus,” the largest breed of the species.  At 181 lbs., Johnson’s is by far the state record, and national databases are still being checked. 
     “We are going to have a lot of meat in the freezer,” Johnson exclaimed, and hopes to some day be able to invite friends over for stew.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is great, so maybe Glenn should check into this maybe!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
that is great, so maybe Glenn should check into this maybe!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :angry2: :confused: :pouty: :tut: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
mike dont tease him....he thinks its real!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
mike dont tease him....he thinks its real!
yea soooo............... :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!