Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Camping  (Read 11678 times)

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
Anyone else here enjoy to camp?  We got a seasonal site at camperville just north of mora.  Our idea of camping is a 33' travel trailer with electricity, water, bathroom, etc. ;D  Looking foward to getting to know knife lake and mille lacs a little better this year.  We enjoy getting away during weekends and just spending time outdoors.
At night we just sit next to the fire and bs.  Me and my brothers will get up early and ride our bikes around looking for deer.  Nice to be away from it all.  So anyone else enjoy to camp?

Offline Brandon_Collins

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Does Bob like to fish a lot??

Brandon
MNO Preffered Sponsors
http://jrstackle.com
http://marcumtech.com Fishing electronics

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
Not early in the morning.  He'll go in the evenings.  He rather go tubing ;D

Offline Brandon_Collins

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Haha good ol bobby

Brandon
MNO Preffered Sponsors
http://jrstackle.com
http://marcumtech.com Fishing electronics

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
We camp about 3 or 4 times a summer, maybe more. We're just tent campers, but I really enjoy being in the outdoors with my family. We usually just head up to Wilder, but we also go to St Croix and Father Hennepin.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
we camp quite a bit.  We go up the north shore for a week once a summer, usually Judge CR Mag park.  I love that one.
We have a big popup starcraft camper.  Has a king size pullout on one end, a queen size pullout bed on the other, and two twin size beds in the middle.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline eelpout

• Outdoorsman
I am a huge tent camper.  Used to camp 10 times a summer before we had kids.  Now it's cut to about 4 times, and then several times in the back yard. 
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I bought a new 5th wheel camper Its where I live in the summer weekends.

I bought it for shooting, about every weekend I'm in a differant town and a differant gun club.

I have a receiver on it and pull my golf car on the back of the camper for my shoots.

now last summer I bought a used boat that can also be pulled in back of the camper.
Shut up and Shoot

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
With the new baby last summer we didn't get to camp at all but this summer I plan to do a lot. I love camping.

I have a lot of favorite places to camp but I really like going to Jay Cooke and I also like Interstate Park in St. Croix Falls.

There is a lot of good hiking along the river at Jay Cooke and I like Interstate just because it's close and I can get outta town quick on short notice.

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I was looking at tents with my 4 year old the other day and I think he would really like going.  Does anyone have suggestions on a good place just outside of the metro area?  I'm sure the wife and baby won't be going with us so I don't want to go very far.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Taylors Falls area is great. Lots for the kids to do in the area and its close to home. Wildwood Campground is a good place or you could go to the state campgrounds, Interstate. One attraction to the area when I was young was Fawn-Doe-Rosa. Its a deer park on Hwy 8 just into wisconsin, there we also go carts over there. We used to have a blast. You can also go to the water park at Wild Mountain and they have the Alpine slide.

Another place we used to go to when we were young was Independence Park. It was a blast when we were kids. Haven't been there since I was like 11 though so by now it could be a Mall for all I know.

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
We go every weekend. We have a park model up at Pelican lake by Glenwood. Takes about a minute to cross with the Lund 18ft with the F150 Yamaha. Nice neighbors and good camp fires, what more could you want?
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline outdoorsman388

• Outdoorsman
 hi, new to the site. i did see some familar names from lsf, cw and the doc. hedrocks: another one you could try is "country camping" their located in isanti. they are the only camp groud that offers tubing on the rum river. they also have a pool, game room, showers and free cooler tubes. usually try to get there three or four times a year. it's reasonable and a good time. oh and close to the metro. now what i'm looking for is some place (fairly close to the metro) that has atv trails. i know about st croix and danbery,ws. sorry my spelling sucks. but i heard from a friend that there are a few to many speed demands in that area. scott.
NOTICE: Due to the rising cost of ammunition, I will no longer be firing warning shots!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Hey Outdoorsman388, Welcome to the site! I saw you said that your spelling sucks....well use the spell check. One of the new features we have here!  ;)

Hope to see you around more! And congrats on being member #99. One more and we will do the drawing!!

Offline outdoorsman388

• Outdoorsman
mayfly, thanx. how new is this site?
NOTICE: Due to the rising cost of ammunition, I will no longer be firing warning shots!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
We opened the doors to the public March 10th, were off to a pretty good start. Spread the word ;D

Offline eelpout

• Outdoorsman
outdoorsman388, County Camping is pretty sweet.  We do a few canoe trips from Isanti to St. Francis and they always let us stop there and make lunch. 

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Welcome to the site outdoorsman388.

What about a camping get together? A nice warm fire, a couple cold brews, and alot of BS...sounds like it could be fun.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Rich4Walleyes

• Minnow
Where can I find out info on the County Camping site?  It sounds like a fun place.  I am always looking for new places to go and take the camper for a weekend.

Offline eelpout

• Outdoorsman
I don't think you will find them anywhere but the phone book.  Your brother should know where they are.  I think he used their bathroom on one of our canoe trips last summer.  It probably about 6 miles north east of his house. 

Offline outdoorsman388

• Outdoorsman
 the web site is   www.country-camping.com. i'm a tent camper, but my friends went and bought travel trailers. i guess they'll be over in the electric sites now. i'll be all by myself. oh woe is me. accually that's not totally true. their suppose to hook up electric out in the meadow. that would be great, you know, for coffee makers. hey joe i like bs and beer, not necesarily in that order. so that sounds good to me. keep me posted. scott.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
It's about that time of year. A friend and I are talking about maybe making a weekend trip up to Gooseberry. Should be a good time.

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I am new to the site and love it. I grew up in Bemidji and camped my whole life. Always tented it. Now married with 2 boys and bought an older pop up. I took them all camping up near Schroeder by Temperance River and they are all hooked now. I also got them all hooked on hunting and a little into fishing and canoing.
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Welcome to MNO site!  Glad you could join us.  Feel free to post any info on good places to camp.  There are several members that enjoy camping.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
Welcome Faceman, we're happy you're here!!!  I'm glad you really enjoy the site, and hope you join in on our forums, or start one of your own.  If you have any questions about the site, don't hesitate to ask!! ;)