Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: crappy news  (Read 10358 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Take my opinion for what it's worth.

1) The price of boats will not go down. New or used.
2) The price of used late model boats is the same as new.
3) The tiller boat you have now can be bought new for a very reasonable price compared to something with a windshield and all the bells & whistles.
4) You will never regret buying a 4 stroke motor.

Good luck in what you decide. If I can help let me know.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
2 grand! Wow. I'll fix it for ya for $1900.

Should we start a bidding war?  :rotflmao:
I'll do it for $1850  :nerd:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: iffinyou guys come down enough, I'll even buy the beer. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Dutchy, i always value your opinion. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
How much less and how much beer?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

:happy1: good point....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :shocked: that will be up to the bidders to decide??? :rotflmao: remember I did negotiations for a living, ain't  :bs:'ing me. :sleazy:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

Be sure to specify drinkable beer, otherwise he will provide that swill he drinks.   ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Be sure to specify drinkable beer, otherwise he will provide that swill he drinks.   ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I don't know what roony drinks, but I do know what HD drinks... It'll be a step up.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I CAN FIX IT! my dad's a TV repairman, he's got a bitchin set tools!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Two words: #9 wire. Or is that three?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I’ll fix it for the low one time price of $2200.   :mooning:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ll fix it for the low one time price of $2200.   :mooning:
:shocked: :doah: and you ain't even union! :tut: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I’m thinking you should sell it and get one of those fancy boats that would match your earnings and nose ring.   :sleazy:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So I have never had a transom go bad and I do know that it happens.  So does it leak?  Is it loose?  What happens when a transom goes bad? 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen them rotted out and get soft too..   never had it happen to me... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, Glenn used boat prices are pretty high right now. I don't see much for fall deals coming either because no one can keep boats in stock. Used or new. Sold our boat in a week on C-list. Friend of mine just had his transom rebuilt this winter on his Lund. It was a 19" Pro-V. Cost him $7000 to get it done. If you have yours rebuilt, make sure they use the synthetic wood so it don't rot again. Good luck.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I replaced the one on my smoker craft, my canoe and my Lund...all were dry rotted and just got soft.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I replaced the one on my smoker craft, my canoe and my Lund...all were dry rotted and just got soft.
:scratch: There you go, glenn! HD has the know how, you got the time :rolleyes:, get 'er done. ;) :smiley: Might cost you a case or 2 of Busch Light for all that knowledge though. :scratch: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: There you go, glenn! HD has the know how, you got the time :rolleyes:, get 'er done. ;) :smiley: Might cost you a case or 2 of Busch Light for all that knowledge though. :scratch: :laugh: :laugh:
hey if HD did it...i'd buy him some good beer, like MGL!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OR Just buy a piece of 3/4" plywood and screw it on the back with some carriage bolts.  Good as new.  LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :tut: I was talking about him telling YOU how to do it!! :bonk: :doah:           :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well........i'll find out later today. as i see it i have 3 options;

fix the motor and be good
have someone fix the transom and motor
start shopping for a different boat!!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
2/3 of that formula is broken stuff. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Go to your favorite boat dealer and see if they have a brand new 16 or whatever size you want left in stock.  Check it out!   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well.......i just googled and watched most of a 15 minute video on transom repair..........nope.......... i wont be going there!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like good thinking.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well here is how the boat saga went today!!!!! i go up to Intune marine, hook up the boat and check in with the guy. we go out and he shows me why the transom is supposedly bad and that they wont work on it because of liability issues. i'm thinking yea its not a new boat and there is wear and rear, YET he says he;d run in and watch it. get the motor fixed?????????? :scratch: :scratch: WTF!!!!!

so next he shows me the parts on the motor that needs to be fixed. $225.00 plus tax and looks pretty simple. said he could order the parts.

so i head home, decide i'm taking the boat to Jeffs Auto 12 miles down the road. he does auto body but he is also a Lund dealer, cept for selling boats. They do alot of boat repairs.  he told me about 2500 bucks and they use some kind of molded part nowadays!!!! he looked at it close and said it isnt that bad and really didnt need to get replaced, the motor wont fall off. when i told him about intune marine he said they lied............ :tut: :tut:

so then i decided i'd take it to channel marine..........about a mile west of intune. this tech stood on the fins of t he motor jumped on it, looked around and said there's nothing wrong with the transom. BUT........ he said he could order parts too............they just dont work on anything older then 1990 stuff  :pouty: :confused: :doofus: :doofus: WTF.....says intune is 1992 or newer only they work on. wonder why the intune guy gave me the jerk around.........considering being done as there custumer...........   :tut:

so aff home i go with my tail between my legs, thinking do i wanna try fixing it myself?????? a friend of mine has a guy in sauk rapids that works on outboards. called him...........i bring the boat to him thursday evening............he should have it done monday nite!!!!1 :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So you can keep it, or sell it or trade it in with a clear conscious. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So you can keep it, or sell it or trade it in with a clear conscious.
plan is to keep it.........LPS.......i have no conscious!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i'll cross that bridge down the road..............even Jeff at the auto place thought it be a good idea to just fix the motor!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You are definitely not conscious and you may or may not have a conscience, the guy who fed you full of bs sure didn't have one. I would have settled for the beers to tell you your transom was OK. Glad it turned out better than you feared!
« Last Edit: June 06/01/21, 09:04:45 PM by roony »