Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: wireless mouses? Do they all suck???  (Read 4732 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok many of you guys know a lot more than I do about such things.  I get tired of the wires on my PC at home so I got a wireless mouse about 3 years ago.  It was erratic and didn't move smooth and was hard to get it to the right spot.  So I tried it on my lap top and works great.  So went back to the wired mouse on my PC at home.  Well now here it is a few years later and I go for it again and buy another wireless mouse.  I told the wife "they put men on the moon don't you think they have perfected a wireless mouse yet"?  lol  Well I bought a Microsoft 900 Wireless mouse.  It is not any better than the one 3 years ago.  Actually unusable it is so erratic.  I am again back to the old wired mouse.  So what's up with that????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Might very well be a driver or setting on yer PC, Barry. I stick with Logitech brand stuff for a mouse, have the M310, it's worked great for me. Might wanna check some of this stuff....

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000253.htm

My mouse..

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-001675-Wireless-Mouse-Silver/dp/B003I4FHNA
« Last Edit: November 11/13/16, 11:38:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Try a longer cord on the receiver or plugging it in a different USB port. Moving the wireless receiver away from the main tower helps with any interference as well as any other wireless electronics such as cordless phones, wireless keyboards.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm no IT guy but just from what it sounds like, it may be the confuser or the software on it. Now, I haven't used a stationary desk top computer for a long time, primarily Dell laptops. I did have a Microsoft wireless mouse a few years ago though that ate batteries like they were candy. It was sometimes temperamental when trying to determine where the cursor was on the screen even with a fresh battery. Replaced it with a Logitech (think it's an M325) a few years back. Plugged it in and away it went.  Think I've replaced the original battery and that's about it.  It has worked well.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe he needs to tweak the rectumfier.  Aren't we helpful?    :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, I will check out some of these things tonight....

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
x2 what rebel said,been using longitect  for a few years now,no issues what so ever.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Been using Logitech ones for years, no problems. Must have 3 or 4
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline hawg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
There's a setting on your Control Panel for your mouse that determines the speed of your mouse, at least there used to be. I use Logitech $15 buckers and they work great with no problems.
I've been your age, you never been mine!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The one that was so erratic on my home PC is working perfect on my laptop as we speak.  Go figure.  I will check settings at home tonight on the PC.  Hope it works...   The tower that I plug the USB thing into is right at my left foot so not too far away I hope. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yea LPS....it's gotta be with yur PC....
I agree with everybody else....I've been using an Logitech I got at Menards for years, and never had a problem.

I think like hawg said...you need to look in yur control panel and adjust yur mouse settings.  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It seems to be working better now.  Thanks for all of the help.  I went to control panel and had it update the driver for the mouse.  Then nothing, I had to reinstall the usb thing and turn the mouse off and then on again.  Seems to work smoother now.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always suspected you were a smooth kinda guy..... ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  You just bought yourself an applaud and a like for that comment mister....    :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  You just bought yourself an applaud and a like for that comment mister....    :happy1:
he's just a suck up LPS, remember FM! :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :snow5: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey katchupbrains, better watch yerself. I can do some evil things.... and I love smokin' smurfs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Katchupbrins, muffinheads and suckups......what has this place come too???? :doah: :doah: :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey katchupbrains, better watch yerself. I can do some evil things.... and I love smokin' smurfs.
go for it!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Katchupbrins, muffinheads and suckups......what has this place come too???? :doah: :doah: :rotflmao:

It's a free for all!!!!!!!!!!!     :rocker;

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AHA!!!   I read something about having a steel desk and it blocking out the wireless reciever from the device it is for.  Well I have an old heavy duty steel desk with a sticker on it that says St. Mary Hospital Minneapolis.  It is bomb proof and has on of those side additions to put my fax, printer etc on.  Well my mouse was still not 100% but better after doing your tips.  I got an extension USB cord and a hub with 4 ports.  This is absolutely awesome.   lol  Back in action.  No way was I going to get another desk.  I love this desk.  May have to write a song about it.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wondermous!!! I didn't know that!!! Glad ya solved it!!  :happy1: