Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NBA Wolves  (Read 596 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm trying to remember...  I thought there was a basketball or hockey playoff game in the not to distant past where a star player was suspended for a game.

I might try to see if I can dig that up.
Here is what I was thinking of - the Draymond Green suspension in 2016.  There is precedent for suspensions in the NBA playoffs.

5 Infamous suspensions that changed the course of the NBA Playoffs that year

#5 Zach Randolph - 2014 NBA Playoffs

#4 Patrick Ewing and co. - 1997 NBA Playoffs

#3 Alonzo Mourning - 1998 NBA Playoffs

#2 Amar'e Stoudemire and Boris Diaw - 2007 NBA Playoffs

#1 Draymond Green - 2016 NBA Finals

Golden State was in command of the series 3-1, but Green scuffled with LeBron James and Green hit James in the groin.  Green was suspended for game 5, the Warriors gained the series momentum back, and the Cavs beat them in 7.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: Not so sure Murray is Denver's best player :rolleyes: but he does avg 20 pts/gm & you're right, they're not going to suspend him with the Nuggets being down 2-0. :doah:
why??????? so it matter......playoffs or not.  :angry2: :angry2: :confused:

what he did could of been dangerous!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be VERY interested in seeing how the refs call Friday night's game.

I watched the Knicks/Pacer's game last night.  Knicks up 2-0 in the series.

After the game, the Pacer's coach was b!tc#in' about the officiating.  He said he was thinking about lodging a formal complaint with the NBA league office after game 1, but thought better of it.  However, after game 2, he said he was going to do so - referencing one egregious shove in the back that wasn't called.

No foul was called on Josh Hart for this blatant shove on Haliburton

After the game, the TV broadcast panel was talking in general about calls in the playoffs.  Shaq was talking about how the home team ALWAYS gets the calls in their favor in the playoffs - and good team have to figure out how to suck it up and win anyway.  (And he ought to know about when fouls get called and when they don't)

So...  I will be really curious to see if the Woofies get the benefit of the doubt and the home team advantage in the next game - ESPECIALLY after Murray's petulant and the coach's disrespectful behavior in game 2.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:“I didn't actually see it happen, but when it was explained to me; the referees didn't see it either, so they're not able to issue technical unless they see it. There probably aren't many fans in the building who have a heat pack, so it probably had to come from the bench,” Finch told reporters on Monday night. “But yeah, it's inexcusable and dangerous. I'm sure it was just mistake and an oversight. I'm sure there was nothing intentional by the officiating at all, but you certainly can't allow that to happen.” :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Just heard on the radio that the Wolves/Nuggets tickets for tonight's big playoff game is the toughest to get for a major sporting event in the last 40 years..

Starts at 8:30 tonight on ESPN. Should be a good one. Crowd should be really into it.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah:

;) Check out the ticket price in the nose bleed seats on the far right of the pic!   :rotflmao:  There a sucker born every minute.   :evil:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:12:51 AM by Steve-o »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I just checked...  The price of those $13,000 courtside seats has dropped down to a mere $9,515. 

This could be your best chance to rub elbows with Jimmy Jam or JLo.   :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Seriously...  I'd love to hang with Jimmy Jam and talk sports and music and culture.  JLo, not so much.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Edwards leads the T-wolves with 19 & Denver shoots 48% from 3, Mn goes down 117-90. Fans were leaving at the start of the 4th qtr. It's anybody's series now. :pouty:
« Last Edit: Today at 07:37:55 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon