Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Dock Demon.  (Read 2674 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Simple question. Is the Zebco Dock Demon a child's outfit or a legitimate fishing tool?
It wouldn't be me go to combo for muskie or northerns but I've used it for some bank or dock fishing several times when I stumbled on to fishey looking water.
It does have some serious limitations. Not a quality reel on this thing. Only got a 20" rod. I think I only paid something like $10 for it. Kind of embarrassing using it when I see someone with a "grown up" rod & reel.
Thought about seeing how it would work as an ice fishing rod but I think it might be too stiff for that.
What say you?
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i graduated from Zebcos 50 years ago!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

seriously.....never heard of it......so i aint no help. :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not Catholic, but some times these forums are better then a confessional.
For give me guys, but I have sinned!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
I like spincast reels. I have 8 Zebco and 6 old Johnson spincast reels. Nothing wrong with them. I have spinning reels, too. Sometimes I fish with a cane pole. The old spincasts are, in my opinion, just fun. That's what fishing should be.
Many crappies and bluegills have graced the table thanks to spincast reels.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to grab my kid's rigs all the time when I was lounging on the pontoon and decided to flip for sunnies between the docs.

When they started fishing, I set them up with "underspin" reels with left-hand retrieve so they would learn to turn the crank with their "weak" hand and fight fish with their strong arm.

And the lever/trigger bail was very easy for them to learn and I still think it is fun to fish with.

So go ahead an knock yourself out with yer Dock Demon.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Been years since I seen these reels,brings back memories fishing mille lacs as a kid,my gramps was always dicking around with his zebco reel and a rats nest,I have all my grandpa's old fishing gear, zebco 202 reels,attached to a 5' noodle fiber glass rods,aluminum tackle box with his favorite atificial lures like hulla poppers,bassarino lures,for walleyes he loved his yellow or white hair jigs we tipped with a fathead back in the day,most often loosing the minnow on short bites as zero fiberglass rod sensitivity so he attached a "stinger hook" to the jig shank hook,package of these jigs are called the "canadian doll fly" jig.

Never left a bait shop in milaca w/o fatheads,crawlers and later years leeches,fun times,no electronics but we caught walleyes,amazing.
« Last Edit: December 12/20/21, 09:18:28 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I caught a 30 lb catfish with a Zebco 33 and a flimsy rod.  Took an hour to get it in.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
TT........if ya wanna use that, or a stick with line tied to it.....go for it!!!!!!! :happy1: you shouldnt give 2 dog turds what others think!!!!! :happy1: i dont!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
It's all in fun. I bought 4 of the Johnson rod & reel combos at a garage sale about 3 years ago. All 4 for $5. They needed work but a good winter project.