Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4974829 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Personally, dust the political thread completely. Unless it has hunting and fishing ramifications  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
My advice to EVERYONE, is don't take your politics or yourselves to seriously, because nobody cares. It's all opinions & opinions only.

for the most part I agree.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Anybody hear anything from LPS? He hasn't posted in here since Feb 2. Hope everything is OK with him. Not like him to miss the "Good Morning" thread.
:scratch: Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything from LPS since his last post in the "Could be political" thread. :sad:  I too, hope he is well & he comes  back........................................................soon. :pouty:
Sorry to say, but I believe we have lost more members because of the "political" thread than any other reason.

Folks have their point of views...and sometimes they are pushed a little to far. The political threads were a "legacy" before I took over.

Like I told Barry, we are all cut from a different cloth and woven into a new quilt together whether we like it or not. We may not agree what we are entangled with, but in the end, we have to make it better than when we found it..... All folks have different views, pull what makes sense, and the rest, take with a grain of salt.

As long as we leave our kids and grandkids with values of right and wrong, and instill morals....we have done our job on earth.

Sorry for the soap box....I got other stuff to work out, like saving this crappy site 🤣

Agree with everything you said, except for crappy. Overall, you’ve got a pretty damn good site, HD. It’s unfortunate that the way politics are now, most of us cannot see anything other than “How can anybody believe the crap the other side puts out?”
I’ve seen politics really screw up some other outdoor sites, going all the way back to the forums that used to be on the DNR website.
I can get all the politics I want from websites devoted to that. I don’t come here to influence or be influenced by anybody. I’ve heard the “just ignore those threads”arguments, but political views tend to creep into lots of the regular threads, and it’s hard to escape that.
End of rant.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well said by all. Even if HD mixed the politics thread it just pops up in other threads. At least this way we can try to keep politics in the politics thread. Opinions are like buttholes, we all have one. I for one can have a good political debate with someone and have a beer with them 10 minutes later. I blame the media for the crazy political atmosphere that we have nowadays.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I was just thinking about those DNR threads the other day fw. What a knock down, drag out, utter free-for-all that was! It made what goes on here look downright tame. This is as you said not a crappy site. And as I posted somewhere earlier, the people here are about as unpretentious and down to earth as they get, truly concerned about the other guy, regardless of their politics. And, when in doubt, blame glenn! That reminds me, think I have some afterbirth to clean out of a pen. If it fits, it ships. One low rate...😉
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here this morning. Heading for around 30. Made 43 here yesterday. Quite the swing from last Thursday. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to try to insulate one or two walls in the garage today, maybe hang some OSB. About it for me, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 18 and some wind this morning..  sidewalk and drive way were icy last night from the rain/snow we got so hope that melts away when the temps get to 32 today..  and saying sunshine too!!!  going grill some brats too today!!!  mushroom and swiss cheese flavor!!!    have a good day!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 34 here & that's about the top for the day. Got a pretty good (15+) NW wind goin already as well. Think we made 40 yday but the air was quite damp by then. Some errands early & will go from there. Hopin your Tuesday is a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 34 here. Side roads were pretty slick earlier but the main roads were good. Just another day of not doing much in light dutyville,  gotta find me some new hiding spots....See ya!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Almost forgot to mention my big accomplishment yday, my taxes. Got my last 1099 in the mail Saturday, so I finished 'em on Sunday & they were signed, sealed, & e-delivered yday. :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: February 02/07/23, 09:18:10 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I am throwing my hat in to see if it is ok here.  LOL  A funny thing happened yesterday and I thought of youse guys.  I have been eating a lot of cottage cheese lately and was getting a little bound up.  I asked the wife where the stool softeners were?  She said we are out of them.  WTF????   LOL   SO I had to get some things at the store and couldn't find them and was just going to ask the butchers were they are since they are my info center there but then I found them.  ( I was kind of looking forward to the look on their faces when I asked too) I got the bottle with 100 of them.  As I picked it up I started smiling and knew I had to share the TMI with all of you.  And this is nowhere near a "crappy site" but crappy things are brought up unfortunately.  I try to leave it alone but when my hair starts standing up I am going to say something.  I did get holes opened up in the fish house yesterday and will hit it hard later on as long as these nice days keep coming.  I need a 25" walleye.  Was 37 here yesterday.  Today I am bringing Cooper and Buddy to the Pet Center here in Baudette and doing baths.  They have a tub that raises up so no lifting or bending.   She said their dryer is so strong that it takes all loose hair off of them.  Will be good socialization for all three of us.  They lady said they help with it so may actually be fun.  I do entertain easily you know.  This warmer weather really feels good.  That -30 stuff last week was getting old.   Well I have three Midwest pride sausage links in the pan so better keep an eye on them as I have another cup of java.  It does feel good to be talking at you again.  I appreciate all of you.  Thanks my friends. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning to you also. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
22 degrees here in International Falls this morning with bright sunshine.

Had to go to the Social Security office in Bemidji yesterday. Had to electronically sign in and wear a mask. The young lady who helped me was very nice and very good. I was out of there in less than a hour. I was happy, happy with that as I hate waiting.

Speaking of waiting, I gonna grab a book and go hop in line at the car wash in town. There is always a long line there.

Have a great day and stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The propane guy was just here.  $2.09 a gallon.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning to you also. :happy1: :happy1:

2nd that!!!   :happy1: :happy1:  and too funny your binding up story!!!   
« Last Edit: February 02/07/23, 09:39:58 AM by mike89 »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The propane guy was just here.  $2.09 a gallon.

So how does that work if I pre-bought last fall at $2.19?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My prepay price was 195 but I had to pay it all upfront.
Sure glad to see you back Barry. I was afraid my joke about the pillow guy was too much.
« Last Edit: February 02/07/23, 11:09:46 AM by roony »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  No but was actually glad you brought it up just so I could clarify that I am not a Lindell by name.  Even have thought about changing my name here.  Good to see you too Roons.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! Was 32 yet at 4 a.m., then fell to 26 at choretime and should make its way back up to around the freezing mark. Gorgeous, crystal blue skies today altho it is always nicer at roony's place. No newbies overnite altho the ewe that lambed yesterday afternoon plopped out about 4 lbs. of placenta so I better get it in the mail. It's in a grocery bag inside a box so it shouldn't leak, much before it gets to CS. :happy1: Mrs. Cheviot passed her shakedown yesterday with flying colors. She was able to maneuver her walker in and out of the car better than I feared so was thankful for that. She also helped with chores last nite so that was another plus. She's going to get her oil changed sometime today. Be interested to hear how that goes. Finished my copy for print deadline now on to tax stuff. :puke:

Glad to see you're back Barry. I was going to recommend taking a stool softener but that would've meant telling dk to take a nap! :nerd:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  I have probably told this story before.  Very true story too.  When we were real young and our friends wives were having their first babies my buddy was real scared to go in and watch the birth.  He talked to us a lot about how he was trying to build up the nerve to watch.  Well he made it in and was almost sick from the stress.  He hung in there and then when the placenta came out the Dr who was trying to destress the situation said "well here is the pizza".  My buddy almost passed out.  Had to leave the room.  AND he loved pizza and for a long time he had a hard time getting that out of his head.  We can laugh about it now though. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  No but was actually glad you brought it up just so I could clarify that I am not a Lindell by name.  Even have thought about changing my name here.  Good to see you too Roons.

I don't know anyone who likes that guy....    :puke:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good story LPS, I might have to tell the story of a friend eating an almost raw bloody burger!!!!    :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

I don't know anyone who likes that guy....    :puke:

I do. I think he's great.... :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a funny story LPS!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Glad to see that you are back in the saddle again!  :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys.   62 here and sunny.    :sleazy:

Helping wife with laundry since she is still having a little trouble getting around after last year's spine surgery thing.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I sat in when my oldest daughter was born. When she popped out and the doctor told me it was a girl, I looked him in the eyes and told him to put it back in cause it wasn't done yet......I got the biggest stink eye I've ever seen  :angry:

Heck, I thought it was funny 🤣
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord HD, and here I thought I got the look for aksing for a couple extra stitches..  :rotflmao:  Hey good to see ya again lps! A couple cans of Busch lattes cleans a guy right out!  :happy1: and Del, no need fer laundry after a day at Blacks...sorry I couldn't resist.  Still jealous,  such a great area.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So laundry for Del and the wife is probably a thong and a speedo.  Can do that in the bathroom sink Del. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Little old for that.   More tshirts and shorts for me...  But I saw a few the other day on the shores beach...  I want to make it down to black's beach to check out where the cliff collapsed.   Watched a video on youtube, and it made you want to stay back a ways from the rocks.  And off the ho chi minh trail....