Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Row the boat 2023  (Read 16764 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
think i seen right???? gophers play NC today at 2;30 and ESPN has the game??????/ seen somewhere the gophers arent picked to win either!!!!!!! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It will take Smoke & Mirrors to win down there if they play like they did their first 2 games.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As good of a coach as Fleck is he will get us a win.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Gophers are big dogs (+7.5). UNC has the #2 QB in the country & are ranked #20.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 09/16/23, 12:19:58 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Gophers are big dogs (+7.5). UNC has the #2 QB in the country & are ranked #20.  :rolleyes:
rankings don't mean squat!! :mooning: :sleazy:       :tut: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Datz why they play the game. :laugh: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
But having a QB that can throw the ball & somebody that can catch it so they score 35 pts a game does. :sleazy: :nerd:  :mooning: :evil:      ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: September 09/16/23, 12:38:29 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
If PJ can pull this one out he will be sitting in Coyles office Monday morning wanting a new contract claiming he was contacted by Michigan State to go there. Sad thing is Coyle will entertain the idea.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Well thats that. I have watched portions of all 3 games and haven't seen a thing yet that makes me believe they will be .500 this year.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They may win their next 2 games. Northworstern is awful & one more against the little sisters of the poor. Then I don't give them the chance of a fart in a windstorm to win another one unless whoever they face has ebola.
« Last Edit: September 09/16/23, 09:42:25 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If PJ can pull this one out he will be sitting in Coyles office Monday morning wanting a new contract claiming he was contacted by Michigan State to go there. Sad thing is Coyle will entertain the idea.
:scratch: I don't know much about the AD. Are him & the boat guy big buds? :confused:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Coyle hitched his wagon to the head coach who has hitched his wagon to the currant quarterback who is taking him down.   :doah:

It's a very inept offense and that will show more & more as the defenses get better.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was only able to watch NC put the dagger thru their heart in the 4th qtr. Read the team box score. Glad that's all I watched. Ish.

https://gophersports.com/sports/football/stats/2023/north-carolina/boxscore/7339
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Clearly Carolina had a much better QB. He is supposed to be a top 5 draft pick in the NFL draft next spring. Gophers made too many mistakes. Plus their center was awful in hiking the ball back all over the place. Could be a long year now that the conference season will start.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gophers got caught twice at the end of the 1st half not ready for the snap because they were too slow making their defensive substitutions  :rolleyes: & that helped UNC go up 21-3 at the 1/2.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
NC QB threw some long ones that were mostly on target.  Our QB threw some longs ones and were not close to the receivers.  End of story. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggghhh!!!!!! Fleck should have his @$$ kicked. No excuse for that crap against arguably the worst team in the B1G. Nope, that title now belongs to PJ & his group of quitters.  :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Checked it out late in the 1st half & it looked like they were having their way with NW. :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i hear ya dotch........i went to bed about the start of the 4th qtr, or whenever NW got within 7??????

was impressed by that freshman running back though!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Say it ain't so. The Rodents loss? It was 14-0 in the first half when I had had enough of them. What was the final score?

Has that quarterback of his shown any progress?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It was 21-0 when I took a look. :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
37-34  In the 4th qtr something happened that pissed one of the other of our coaches off.  Fleck was shown counting players and then called a time out I think.  I think the other coach was saying why did you say anything.  ???   They will talk about it today.  Maybe he was mad at the play Fleck called.  Curious to find out what that was all about.
« Last Edit: September 09/24/23, 08:29:57 AM by LPS »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
So did the quarterback progress to the point of putting up 34 points or did the Northwestern defense give up a bunch of easy points?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought the QB did look better than last week.  Still has a way to go. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe that coach was pissed cuz the kicked a FG instead of going for it. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'll say this, I thought Tanner Morgan was a decent college quarterback for a team on Minnesota's level. But I have to wonder how he could be around for what 7 years and PJ couldn't recruit somebody to challenge him. It always made me wonder. So now here they sit without a quarterback. If PJ is all some think he is he should have been able to recruit a quarterback over the last 5 years. Nothing against the currant kid he is trying and has his moments but he isn't leading them anywhere.

Think what you want of my dislike for Fleck but there is no debating he is a lousy recruiter. He has hit on a couple kids but by & large him and his handpicked staff have failed.

Good news is coming for PJ tho.....next year there will be more divisions in the big 18 and the Gophers will be picked to finish NEAR the top of their division.    lol

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dutchy.....you ever think some of the top tier QB's dont wanna play here????? i'm surprised we always have some pretty dmn good running backs coming in.

and they always seem to get quality Olinemen!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read an article that said Fleck would make a better Athletic Director than coach. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
dutchy.....you ever think some of the top tier QB's dont wanna play here????? i'm surprised we always have some pretty dmn good running backs coming in.

and they always seem to get quality Olinemen!!

I agree Glenn but are they getting the number they should get for a school this size?

I read an article that said Fleck would make a better Athletic Director than coach. 

Likely written by Fleck or his agent.   :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So is see the Gophers are not playing today.  Noone wanted to play them???

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, all the other teams actually wanted a challenge!  :embarrassed:

It's the bye week. They can rest up before their next @$$ whooping.  :bonk: