Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Smelt.  (Read 1472 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Many years ago, or so I've been told, smelt fishing was very popular somewhere along the north shore.
      Is that still a thing?
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always wanted to do that too.  Bring home a 5 gallon bucket of them.  I think it got pretty disrespectful and is not as big of thing.  Will be looking forward to hear too. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Used to do that back when I was in college. Cleaned them with a scissors. They were pretty good. :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
      Many years ago, or so I've been told, smelt fishing was very popular somewhere along the north shore.
      Is that still a thing?
Pretty much not in the rivers as much any more. Folks seem to be getting them on the shores of Park point with saine nets in the spring. 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Years ago we used to go up to the Lester or French river and used bit nets with long handles on them.  We then spent the next day cleaning fish like mentioned with a sissors.   We would fry some and then my Mom used to can them in jars with different sauces on them.   We even used to smoke a frew as well.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a friend that was out in Wisconsin smelting this week. Sounds like they did pretty good.
Hey look your bobber is up!