Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Server Issues  (Read 658 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We are experiencing server issues, sorry for the inconvenience.  :pouty:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Never tried to get on other than early yday myself, so no issues here. Thanks for keeping us in the loop though. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm starting to think that I need to look into what it would take to build my own server. The reliability of a contracted service is just not attainable ....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Same as Gunner. Was just on in the morning. Thanks for the update HD!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i was checking on and off during the day......most of the time it was down...............but occasionally it pop back up.

yep thanks for keeping us in the loop.......... building your own server........all greek to me!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :crazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Hillary might have a slightly used server in a closet for cheap!  :coffee:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
So..... these are the issues:
Since my tech guy passed away, the former server owner has been trying to get control of the server. He has repeatedly tried to get a hold of whomever got it in probate. He has not got a response from them. The last 2 weeks I've been trying to get the latest copy of the site just in case it crashed. When you try to get to the server page (known as "c-panel") for all servers....it says that the domain expired, and can't be reached. Like I said the former owner has been trying to get control without success. Therefore, I was looking into getting my own server. That way I would stop being put in limbo every time it drops out. BUT, after doing the tests for speed requirements, I don't have what I would need available here 😞

So, I'm trying to figure out a fix....

The last copy I have of the site is a couple weeks old (cause that was the last time it worked).... what that means is, if I have to move the site to a different server, whatever was posted since that date stamp will not exist.... those posts will be lost.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job HD.  Sure hope it all goes well. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Hillary might have a slightly used server in a closet for cheap!  :coffee:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I'm sure Bill has got a "used" cigar that could be bartered for payment  :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure Bill has got a "used" cigar that could be bartered for payment  :sleazy:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So..... these are the issues:
Since my tech guy passed away, the former server owner has been trying to get control of the server. He has repeatedly tried to get a hold of whomever got it in probate. He has not got a response from them. The last 2 weeks I've been trying to get the latest copy of the site just in case it crashed. When you try to get to the server page (known as "c-panel") for all servers....it says that the domain expired, and can't be reached. Like I said the former owner has been trying to get control without success. Therefore, I was looking into getting my own server. That way I would stop being put in limbo every time it drops out. BUT, after doing the tests for speed requirements, I don't have what I would need available here 😞

So, I'm trying to figure out a fix....

The last copy I have of the site is a couple weeks old (cause that was the last time it worked).... what that means is, if I have to move the site to a different server, whatever was posted since that date stamp will not exist.... those posts will be lost.
:confused: :mad1: all that useful  information I posted will be lost. :confused: :pouty: the blasphemy of it all!! :pouty: :doah:

Especially everything I  taught boar  :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/31/24, 12:51:33 PM by glenn57 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Oh well......on to the future. :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing that terrible important that will get lost.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I appreciate the update HD but it's Greek to me.  Back when I worked, I always tried the kick/throw/swear thing first. Then I would call IT.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: anyone else get this when coming here?????

when i click to MNO i get

A error has occured

call to undefined function shell_exec()

so if i go to the home page.....because it doesnt show forums click home page........then i'm back to normal??? kinda odd!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
get the same error message too...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
get the same error message too...
i get it both on my laptop and phone!!!!!!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Same here.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Been doing that here too. I just saved the 1 after I went to the homepage & deleted the old link. Works better but still not all the time.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
My Google Chrome doesn't work......error message.  :thumbs:

But using Firefox works every time. :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I went back to using Chrome, didn't think about trying another browser. :doah: Thanks, Ken!! :happy1: :cool:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, usually 2 swings at it and I'm in.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Same here. Not a big deal. Takes a couple extra seconds. I have livestock. Patience is a virtue... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here too. Also noticed the tiny pics thing is not working for me.  :scratch:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, I contacted the guy that took over the server.
He's looking at getting a new one today because the one he took over is corrupted.
I've been trying to get a back-up, and every time it fails  :confused:

Sucks being a site owner...and the crap don't work.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here too. Also noticed the tiny pics thing is not working for me.  :scratch:
yep noticed that yesterday to when i posted my good beer picture!!!!!  :happy1: good thing they didnt leak!!!!! :shocked:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Here is the email he sent to me.....
Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I've just put in a request to upgrade the server to have more ram and disk space. It will be migrated to a new VPS. This may mean there will but a bit of downtime today and or tomorrow.

Please be patient while this takes pace so we can all have better service. I will email everyone after it is completed.

--
Thanks,
Steve

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
He's looking at getting a new one today because the one he took over is corrupted.
So guys...  If I say something stupid on here...  you'll know the system was hacked.   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So guys...  If I say something stupid on here...  you'll know the system was hacked.   :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: NOT for a minute would i believe that one!!!!!!! :mooning: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good one!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: