Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4972676 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, it really sucks as family passes.   Lost wife's younger sister a few years ago.  That was really hard.  And of course both my wife's and my parents are gone, and all the aunts and uncles.   

Has anybody tried getting glasses over the internet?   Looks like they could be a lot cheaper but I haven't put in all the details anytime to see.    Especially frames seem to vary a great deal from like 10 bucks and up and up.   

I only get new frames every other time or so.  and wear contacts some of the time so that saves some.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Sorry for your loss, coffee. Lost my last aunt and uncle 6 months apart a couple years ago. Sucks.
Thanks for the offer, gophergunner, but my goggles are covered 100% by my reimbursement program. I just haveta wait about a month for the reimbursement check to come, after paying up front. Just commenting how ridiculously spendy they are; mine came to $580. That's crazy.
Warming up for today, maybe some light snow/snizzle tonite. The big plan for today is tacos and burro toes for dinner....maybe wid some jalapeno refried beans. :tongue: Hope that Glenn guy is gettin' into some fish....  :Fish:  Have a good day, guys.
« Last Edit: December 12/08/17, 09:05:13 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sorry to hear about your uncle Coffee, it does make a person wonder where time went..  looks a nice day today and only a few things to do.  have a good day all...   

LPS watch out for the mistletoe!!!

I will be looking at the camel toe more than the mistletoe.  lol

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sorry to hear about your uncle Coffee, it does make a person wonder where time went..  looks a nice day today and only a few things to do.  have a good day all...   

LPS watch out for the mistletoe!!!

I will be looking at the camel toe more than the mistletoe.  lol

there ya go being our hero again!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My two new fire extinguishers that were on the recall came today....unfortunately, BOTH of the retainer straps on the new wall holders were broken into pieces......$#@%!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
call them again....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
On the phone now.... :banghead: That's why I don't order stuff over the internet....
« Last Edit: December 12/08/17, 03:18:23 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
They dont fit in the old holders?

That's sort of disappointing.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, bit bigger around..they'll hang there, but ya can't strap 'em down. Plus, they are lots shorter (smaller) than the old ones; in other words, these are minimal use ones. In fact, the box says "for supplemental protection only"....$#@! My other ones were basic standard use...and I'm certified in this kinda stuff. Used to check over a thousand a month. Glad they replaced them, but they are NOT the standard size ones I had!   :angry:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I haven't seen mine yet..... I should have 5 coming...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The way these wre shattered, just bet they say somewhere cold and then rough handling. They came via Fed-ex. The boxes were just fine, though.  :scratch: Now I haveta pack 'em up and ship 'em back. I'll need some of that tape of yers, Boar....

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Unfortunately i had to use a few at work the other day on a small what I thought was a containable fire. After 2 big commercial extinguishers and a small one (tgat lasted a mere 5 seconds) snow put this out.. :crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking since the old ones were bigger, and maintained, I may NOT send them back....and take my chances. These small ones are just not worth much. Ticks me off they downsized me for replacements....after all, it's their mistake, not mine. Now if I want one like I had, I have to go blow money on a bigger one. Shoulda been a straight-across-the-board replacement.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
call them again!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
NO!! Didn't get anywhere on the strap thing, she said they'd have to call me back because "I can't just send out two straps, that's another department"..... :doah:  Ya, right, the strap department.
When taking my info, she also asked me how to spell "Rochester"..... :doofus:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
with a "D"????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was gonna give her a Boaranese special.....    :crazy:

Mikey, yer warped.  :rotflmao:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all, thanks for the love. 22 to start off the day going up to 40. Man that was nice I actually slept in today, if you consider 4:45 sleeping in. Not much going on today except I have to run some supplies to the shop then it's stay in and relax. Y'all have a good day
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellers,  waiting for some light to take the pooch for a walk. Making lefse this morning then after that gonna stuff 10 # of hot digity dogs.  Enjoy the day gents!!!

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta go in to work for a couple hours this morning.  The doctor's got a half day schedule, a full book, and I've only got two opticians working.  Finally get a weekend off and.......oh well, gotta make hay when the sun shines. 

I'll be rearranging bedrooms this afternoon.  My son and his beautiful wife,  and my even more beautiful granddaughter are moving back home tomorrow.  We can't wait!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!!   a great day yesterday now in the books!!!  took my buddy to happy hour for his birthday and he was over whelmed with folks that told him happy birthday and bought him a beer.  it cost me $10.00 for a couple hours of fun!!!  he never got to use his cash!!  he's a good fella..  just a few things to do today so nothing special planned...  finally got  my frosty the snow man down and got him lite up outside..  have a good day!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, back home about 11. Got mom's appt out of the way before 4 yday, then a quick pit stop at Aldi's for a few groceries for her. Made a run to Glenn's favorite place to shop, WW, this mornig & hit the road around 9:30. Near 20 when we left up there, hit a few flurries on the drive, nothin too bad & don't think it's supposed to amount to much. My pkg that I thought was coming today looks like it was delivered not long after we left town yday, so got some more wrapping I can do. Otherwise, just some football or bball for me today. Have good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all, it's a chilly 29 here to start off the day. I'm planning on a blow off do nothing day after I take mom on her normal Sunday shopping. The only thing planned is to do a little cooking today and to finalize Christmas dinner/appetizers/desert. Y'all have a good day and try not to do to much today, it's a perfect day for everyone to sit on their asses and do nothin.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Morn'in ya'll! Out in the stand for the last morning of muzzy.
I got coffee and a breakfast burrito.... I'm good ta go.
Later, I'll be making some hard boiled eggs (cause I take them every day to work)

Then later, my nephew and his son are coming up to see if we can catch a few Pike on tip-ups & rattle reels.

Have a wonderful day boys!
« Last Edit: December 12/10/17, 07:11:09 AM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 27 for our start & it looks like that 10-15 mph NW wind is still hanging around. Probably all but wrap up my holiday shopping today or tomorrow.  :happybounce: Another big football Sunday as there looks to be a lot of good games. Go Vikes, hope ol' Fig Newton is lookin like this :embarrassed: :sad: about 3 this afternoon. Take care & enjoy your Sunday, everybody
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another good lookin day today!!!  not sure but might check out the lake today!!  an easy day here too..  have a good day all...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Doing the same thing as HD on the last day of muzzy. I am just hoping for a big fat doe. Freezer is a little light on venny this year. Had 19 and light wind this morning. Skol Vikes!!! Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for your loss Coffee.  I only went to one funeral in my life so far.  All my grandparents and uncles were over in Germany.  Still have my parents, brother, and sister.  That one funeral was for my X wife who commited suicide.  This is after we were divorced for about 10 years.  My daughter asked me to check on her after her friends tried to get ahold of her.  Didn't even know where she lived and she lived about 10 miles from me.

Got there and all the curtains were closed and doors locked.  Knocked on all the doors and some windows but nothing.  Called my daughter and she said to call the cops.  I told her to call the cops and explain why I'm there.  She did and they came.  I had to call my daughter back to get the garage code.  They went in and found her in the kitchen floor.  Overdosed on drugs.  I got custody of my two daughters when we got divorced.  They were not close to her but still rough on them.

On the lighter side I got 5 pound s of jerky meat I have to marinade after the game.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear from you RH.  Thanks for sharing that with us.  My ex died recently too.  Kudos to you my friend!!!!