Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: house hold A/C  (Read 1300 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so I'm wondering where does everyone have their A/C units set at home?  I read that 78 was the best setting for savings...   but I keep mine at 72..    now I'm thinking to reset it to 74.... 
« Last Edit: June 06/01/23, 03:36:17 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Normally have it around 76-78.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ours is set at 72 but today it is 88 out and it is 77 inside.  That is a window one at each end of the house.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ours is set at 65.    ;)   They just finished installing our new AC unit :happybounce: and the house is at 85 now.

We want to see how it cools the house down.  We'll dial it back to around 71 sometime before it gets to 65 (I hope).   :cold:

Opps.  :doah: Now I got to remember to go around and lose all the windows.
« Last Edit: June 06/01/23, 03:21:18 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
When we had it at our old place we kept it at 76-78.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
74 feels just right.......cool enough and no humidity!!!!!!!!1
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Wow…I’m actually surprised. Ours is typically hovering around 70.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
74 for us, noticed while sitting patio side it doesn't run much at all, with no humidity in the house it's comfortable.  I've been blowing the condenser out daily with the cotton flying around.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thought I'd set this one at 76 this a.m. When I came home to let Poppy out, I see now someone set it down to 75. I'm guessing this is a two-man air conditioner, much like the the 5-man corn dryer we had at the elevator. Someone was always turning the dial up or down on it to piss off the guy who thought he was in charge of it... :scratch:
« Last Edit: June 06/02/23, 06:14:45 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i just walked out to close up shop for the night. its actually pretty respectable outside, so i shut the AC off and will be opening windows......looks like i may not need it tomorrow either!!!!!1 :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so Shadow will sleeping in the basement again......    staying on here....    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

come Saturday, the wife will take control!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The temp in the house got down to 81 and my wife put on a sweater and turned off the AC.  She was tired of the cold air blowing on her.  ;D

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, I have the same problem with my thermostat. Darn thing doesn't seem to hold where I set it.  :rotflmao:
Steve-o, Same at my house only I'm the one with the flannel shirt and socks.  :confused:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
reset mine to 74, should be good to go...   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sweet Jesus, this is gonna be a long summer. I thought it felt warmer this a.m. Someone not named Dotch turned the damn thing back up to 78!  :doah:
« Last Edit: June 06/02/23, 07:33:29 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know.  It is June 2 and feels like August 2.  I have wood to cut and this time of year is usually nice weather to do it.  WTH?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it seems like it is going to be at hot summer this year the way it is starting out.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Cripes, now I'm in the lower level family room with a sweatshirt on.   :embarrassed:

68 degrees in one room upstairs.  76 degrees next to the thermostat.  :scratch: Its goona take a while to figure out which vents to close to balance out the room temps.   :doah:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I have mine set at 72 most of the year.  I am not a hot weather person.  80-90s the first of June is nuts.  At this rate it will be a long summer.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We've had a programmable thermostat ever since Honeywell started making them, almost. It's set to cool the house to 68 by about 4-5 AM. We will top out about 73 by late afternoon/early evening before it starts cooling it down again around 9. We put in a new Wi-fi enabled 1 that we can control from the lake last year. No more frozen pipes when we're gone in January & February either, now.
« Last Edit: June 06/03/23, 07:51:23 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I registered a complaint and got the thermostat turned down to 76. It's at least enough to dry the air out some and I can handle that. Makes absolutely no sense on a warm summer day to keep it warmer inside than it is outside. After working in the sun & heat, I come inside to get out of the sun and cool down not sweat some more.