Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Yellowstone  (Read 5902 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Channel 4 aka CBS has been advertising this series starting Sunday night after 60 minutes. Looks interesting, think we are going to watch it.

Wasn't it on some premium channels not to long ago?? How was it??

There also advertising this chainsaw artist piece. Didn't catch what night, but I'm almost certain it's the guy in Avon.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he's good, pass on yellow stone
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Watched every episode.....looking forward to the next season. :happy1: :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yellowstone is a great series.  We paid for it so there were no commercials.  I wonder if this is a new season or the original series now on regular TV? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking it's the original series???

Think I seen they cancelled/ shut down Yellowstone?? But I may have seen that on the web?? :crazy:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it is the very first season.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
We watched it. It was pretty good, but I don’t know if we’ll do it again. Too soon after the first time. I don’t know if they ever came out with the final season.
Also don’t know what happened to the next part of 1923.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It is an awesome show. We've been hooked since the first season. There is still supposed to be a 2nd half to season 5 yet. And then that will be the end. Something to do with Kevin Costner not being happy about something. Sounds like they tried changing the terms of the contract on him. Otherwise they had a contract with him thru season 7. You should like it Glenn.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We bought it so we would binge watch it on a Sat and Sun.  Couldn't wait for the next season to be available.  I read somewhere that Costner is or already did get divorced.  Not sure if it had to do with Yellowstone or just life in general. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good show, watched parts of it. Seemed like it was mostly on at an odd time for me. Not sure what season though. :scratch: We got it on Paramount which we get through PBTV.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Great series Glenn. You’ll get hooked immediately.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, good show. But makes me wonder how much will be cut out on CBS.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good point.  We will buy it again if we can.  Another great series is Justified. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
why is that??? :scratch: lot of potty mouth, hanky panky??????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gets a little sexy and some violence too.  That's why it is so good.   :sleazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Gets a little sexy and some violence too.  That's why it is so good.   :sleazy:
:happy1: Even a little booby shot now and then too.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
why is that??? :scratch: lot of potty mouth, hanky panky??????
You'll see, not gonna blow it fer ya. I watched the first 4 seasons on peacock I believe then 5th on paramount when I had my shoulder work last winter.  I highly recommend watching it uncut. Hopefully you're TV doesn't have a big box on the backside... ;)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Really disappointed that Costner wants off the show.  But when your marriage ends, and the divorce gets dragged thru the media, the producer is pushing you harder than you want to be pushed, and you have other projects you want to work on - something's gotta give.

Spoiler Guess:  I reckon the second half of season 5 will be dedicated to finding the right way to kill off ol' John Dutton and introduce the new character being played by Matthew McConaughey in the new spin-off.

Thing is, even though most of the current Yellowstone cast want to continue the show, the creator, Taylor Sheridan, isn't necessarily committed to the bit.

Matthew McConaughey's Yellowstone Spinoff: Everything We Know

McConaughey will star in the Yellowstone spinoff no matter how long the flagship series sits on the back-burner, which is a win-win for Paramount. Sheridan is also already cooking up some ideas for the series, praising McConaughey as "a natural fit" for his modern western TV universe.

Though the series will keep the Yellowstone name in the title, Sheridan also stated that he may still do away with the rest of the cast following Season Five. "My idea of a spinoff is the same as my idea of a prequel—read into that what you will," Sheridan said. Usually, that means it's a stand-alone story and everyone dies. "There are lots of places where a way of life that existed for 150 years is slamming against a new way of life, but the challenges are completely different," he explained. "There are a lot of places you can tell this story." Still, the Yellowstone creator has only worked out the "broadest strokes" of what journey to take McConaughey on.

I'm kinda hopin' he brings the Yellowstone cast back and continues the story - and he is just setting up a smoke screen in the Exquire story.  Time will tell.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How about Jimmy comes back and gets the ranch someway and is now Rip's boss.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   AND I don't want McConaughey on the show. 

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Just would like to see Beth stay on the show. She is a real B*tch. Her taking over the ranch would be nasty. Even with Rip as a husband.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Without Costners name tied to it how many would have watched Yellowstone in the first place?

The more this Sheridan guy opens his mouth the less I like him.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Agree DB. Sheridan should keep HIS political views out it. Great show otherwise. :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so i watched Yellowstone the past 2 sundays......kinda sucks it always runs late due to football games but oh well. my wife isnt sure she likes it yet.

was kinda hard the first episode to follow and figure it out. think i'm getting it. strikes me odd Costners kid on the show seems to be a traitor to his family. ya got 2 other entities trying to put Costners character out of business. lots of kinda smutty stuff.......and killin!!

think its grown on me!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
It will easier to follow after 10 - 12 episodes. The first season was a bit "busy". :happy1:
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Its an easy show to get hooked on, but when it comes down to it, its kinda strange rootin' for the Duttons with all the killin' they do.  I guess it just goes to show ya 'dat folks is jus' complicated. 

Really, the only difference between the Duttons and the people that go up against 'em, is that the Duttons are generally better lookin actors.   :bonk:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Wen did the new season start?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd half of season 5 has not started yet

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder if they are ever going get around to filming the rest of Season 5.  Seems like Costner has had his fill of Taylor Sheridan.  I wouldn't be surprised if Costner asked for ol' John Dutton to get killed off in the first episode back.

(Sorry about the spoiler...  In seasons 1-4, all those times when John Dutton gets punched full of bullet holes or split wide open...  He makes it to the next episode.  :bonk: )

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn if you have paramount or peacock thru your cable provider I highly recommend watching it that way, alot less commercials, can watch it anytime and start off where you stopped.  The wif heard yesterday that the rest of the actors want to keep going and sounds like season 6 is gonna happen.  Sooo how will Sheridan make John dissappear is the big question...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got dish  :scratch: