Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1516201 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man Dew you are overachieving aren't you????   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I think it's time for some kabobs and wild rice...or a big steak. I'm in a pork, chicken, burger, brat rut. Need something different and new....................... :scratch:

Something I have never forgot about was when I lived in Long Beach for about 6 months in the 70's.  Oh ya it was the good ol days and we did have fun.  There was this place a block from us that sold burritos.  Beef or Pork or Chicken.  They were unreal.  They had big square chunks of meat.  Not pulled.  So each was nice 1/2" squares of meat that was nice and tender as in a pot roast along with a nice gravy.  Then they put the Mexican veggies and the sauce that you chose.  The first time I said I will have the green sauce thinking that the red was the hottest.  Dumb MN kid.  It was so hot that I had to get up from the picnic table and get another milk.  BUT they were so good.  I have never had anything like it since but keep thinking about trying to make it.  They had bars on the windows and you couldn't go inside.  Now that is the sign of good food....    :rotflmao:

You woulda loved my uncle's Mexican restaurant, Barry. '70-'73 I worked there.You described exactly how we made the food. Big chunks of pork and beef, simmering in his sauces all day long, and the red and green chile sauces bubbling away. Everything from scratch. Every friday after school I had to dump the 40 lb bags of pinto beans in a tub, and wash and pick out the sticks and rocks that were sometimes in them. Then into the huge pots of water to boil then mash, for refried beans. Cooked up hundreds of taco shells in the big vat of oil, I hated that job! I'll never forget, this black dude comes walking in one night, and wanted enchiladas with extra sauce, so I started to ladle the red sauce on. His words are still burned forever in my memory: "Sh**, that's jus' sweet ketchup! Put the REAL sauce on!" My uncle nodded to me and said "pour the green chile on for him," winking at me. We watched him sit down in the dining room thru the slatted door, and start shoveling it in. In about ten seconds, he drained his pop in one gulp, and was back at the counter asking for a glass of ice water... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/04/18, 07:23:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it's time for some kabobs and wild rice...or a big steak. I'm in a pork, chicken, burger, brat rut. Need something different and new....................... :scratch:

Something I have never forgot about was when I lived in Long Beach for about 6 months in the 70's.  Oh ya it was the good ol days and we did have fun.  There was this place a block from us that sold burritos.  Beef or Pork or Chicken.  They were unreal.  They had big square chunks of meat.  Not pulled.  So each was nice 1/2" squares of meat that was nice and tender as in a pot roast along with a nice gravy.  Then they put the Mexican veggies and the sauce that you chose.  The first time I said I will have the green sauce thinking that the red was the hottest.  Dumb MN kid.  It was so hot that I had to get up from the picnic table and get another milk.  BUT they were so good.  I have never had anything like it since but keep thinking about trying to make it.  They had bars on the windows and you couldn't go inside.  Now that is the sign of good food....    :rotflmao:
I got a few recipes LPS lived in So Cal, New Mex,Colo,Ariz,Mexico an Venezuela always tried to get the little ole ladies recipes.Got some good ones weird ones and lots a sheep,cow goat head in a pot UMMM Good eats
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  good for you Rebs.  So I am talking to the wife now about how we can make a small batch of that Rebs.  Get a small roast and simmer it?  Them make a gravy out of the juice???

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds interesting Dew.  Could probably live without the head soups.  We watch Andrew Zimmer a lot and it is fun as heck.  BUT not thinking I want to boil a head...   LOL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds interesting Dew.  Could probably live without the head soups.  We watch Andrew Zimmer a lot and it is fun as heck.  BUT not thinking I want to boil a head...   LOL

it's not all that bad... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

O c'mon, everyone likes a little head.  :rolleyes:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: So do you think Mikey boils a hogs head frequently???     :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sheesh, we better let Dotch chime in on DAT one..... :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

:pouty: :pouty: there's that seks thing again!! :tut: :tut: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What?! Yer minds on one track, aint't it?! :rolleyes:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Careful what you wish for...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
where you get dat picture of Reb!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

training-087

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :nerd: :nerd:

glenn made his world famous italian sqeety!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Uh huh... :laugh:

« Last Edit: June 06/05/18, 08:59:22 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

I'd hardly call watered down  catsup sketty marinara

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya, but fortunately, you don't live in Glenn's world.  :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :confused:

somewhere i heard or read that if you add some of the starchy water from boiling up the noddles would thicken up the sauce.  :happy1: :happy1: worked like a charm, not that mine was runny!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Add the starchy water, and souse it up in a boiling bag for eight hours! Perfect! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that too on a cooking show.  They say do not add olive oil to the boiling water or the sauce won't stick to the noodles as well.  Also do not rinse or there will be too much moisture on your plate.  These are all things I do but won't anymore.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just rinse, drain and shake the he** out of it in a colander.
« Last Edit: June 06/05/18, 02:45:52 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that too on a cooking show.  They say do not add olive oil to the boiling water or the sauce won't stick to the noodles as well.  Also do not rinse or there will be too much moisture on your plate.  These are all things I do but won't anymore.
i ALWAYS rinse da noodles.............or ya get sticky noodle!!!!!!! :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Uh, ya, Glenn. What yer doing is rinsing off the starch.....save it to thicken up yer world famous KATCHUP sauce.  :azn:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

Careful what you wish for...

WHOO DANG!! Is that REB??Well thats what glenn told me that he is a fat pin headed guy!! I never saw him but from the description thats my best guess??
 :confused: :mooning:
 An yah glenn that sticky noodle is the starch that makes the sauce/Gravy sick to the pasta you dufus

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh boy... hehehehe.  :bonk:  ya gotta remember the toilets chew up noodles however there prepared..

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Deep fried some Crappie & Bluegill with tator tots and carn on da cob!

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!