Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Funny story....  (Read 3830 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well.....maybe not.....

Jr had a ring on the top of his foot, it looked like ring worm. Which makes it fungal. We bought some stuff over the counter that would take care of it in a couple weeks. He started to develop neck pain, the full length of his neck. I told him to go in.....the clinic said that the ring was not fungal because they scrapped it and took a sample. The doctor said that the reason his neck hurts was because he wasn't doing his job"ergonomically" correct. She prescribed muscle relaxers and steroids.....
He came home and told me this......and I just shook my head... And I said "if it's not fungal, than it's something else, did she check you for limes?"

He said "nope"......ok...we went back to the clinic.....the doc said "what are you doing back here?"..... Jr just pointed at me.... I said "check him for limes"....she said "I already gave him my diagnosis".... I said " it's a simple blood test.... check him" long story short, Jr has limes.

Here's the kicker, I have been having the same symptoms...and went to a different clinic..... guess what? I have limes too...  :doah:
« Last Edit: July 07/02/18, 06:12:16 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
You BOTH have Lymes?! That's NOT funny!!! O man, strong antibiotics for a while, so what are they doing for it?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
14 days of Doxycycline Hyclate....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, good thing ya got it early...hope all goes well for you and Jr. soon!
« Last Edit: July 07/02/18, 07:13:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to 2nd Rebs...  good lord both at the same time too.  bad stuff.. hope it goes well for ya!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is so funny about that  HD?  Our fearless leader has limes.  Now all you need is some vodka and tonic...    :rotflmao:  No really, good thing you were adamant about the testing on Jr.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The only thing funny would vof been seeing HD's charming personality with Jr's doc!!  :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder if she was hot???   :rotflmao: :hubba:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad you guys caught it early. And yah, what Barry is wondering.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's the kicker, I have been having the same symptoms...and went to a different clinic..... guess what? I have limes too...  :doah:

You got lymes from JR?   :confused:

Or maybe JR got lymes from you.   :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Were you or Jr. aware that you'd been bitten by a tick?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Ya Glenn, my charming personally didn't sit well with the doctor. After she told me that he had already been diagnosed... I let a couple  :censored: fly.

Jr got the ring, but found no tick.
I found the tick, but got no ring.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't recall if I saw this article posted here or somewhere else.  Heck, maybe I posted it here before.

Since I found it on the internet, it must be true.  Goodness knows everything you read about vaccines is factual.  Take it for what its worth.  Maybe I should have re-posted it over on the "What really torques me off..." thread.

The incredibly frustrating reason there’s no Lyme disease vaccine
Your dog can get vaccinated for Lyme. You cannot.
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/5/7/17314716/lyme-disease-vaccine-history-effectiveness

And my next post in the "What really torques me off..." thread would be something about arrogant doctors.

Good luck with the recovery.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
DON'T post about arrogant Doctors. I'll wear my keyboard out typing about MAYO..... :angry:

Ya, hope ya have no lingering effects. Haveta keep us posted how ya feel...........

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting reading Steve-o..  sad too...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
DON'T post about arrogant Doctors. I'll wear my keyboard out typing about MAYO..... :angry:

Ya, hope ya have no lingering effects. Haveta keep us posted how ya feel...........
the Mayo and you.....................what a love story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bummer HD but catching it early was a good deal. Know people that it has severely crippled up. Have always been concerned in the line of work I'm in that I'm a good candidate for Lymes. Thought about getting the vaccine at one point but forgot about it. Sucks that it's no longer available. In 2010 was grouse hunting with an entomologist buddy south of Bagley when we walked thru some long grass on the side of a logging trail. Got back to the truck and looked at our clothes before getting in. We were crawling with deer ticks. Most were on our clothing yet but some were not. We had to strip and pick. We found over 100 between the two of us and stuck them in a cup of lantern fuel. As Steve-O said at least the dog was protected.   :confused: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny story?? That Limes aint funny at all! Hope I never contact it!! I aint had a tick all year (knock on wood) an been in their habitat lots.Eat them antibodies an hopefully you'll be OK Been a long time since I read of limes but isnt it once its in yer blood its there forever??OR have they made another determination??
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, they heard you were too stinky for the ticks to bite. You shouldn't worry.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, they heard you were too stinky for the ticks to bite. You shouldn't worry.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Stinkie??Why You???????? wait whats stinky?The NLs tent an awning undies?? A union reps nose kinda brownish from being where the sun dont shine? yer cooking?
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: ;D Found 4 of 'em on me in the last 3-4 weeks, all still crawlin, luckily
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon