Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Who authorized this?  (Read 3152 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I guess we're changing our state flag? Who authorized this? Why the  :censored: are we changing our heritage to suit others? I didn't see no  :censored: vote on this decision.....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I hear you. HD. I never really figured out how this started except  maybe some Karen's are butt hurt.

I really never entertained the idea of having a  state flag  but now I have one and they can go pack sand .
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I always paid attention to the stars n stripes but I rarely seen the state flag flying,  maybe it's just me. Then again I don't go to the court house or capital for that matter.. Think it was Perkins here in town that had a monster stars n stripes flag, that was neat.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear you. HD. I never really figured out how this started except  maybe some Karen's are butt hurt.

I really never entertained the idea of having a  state flag  but now I have one and they can go pack sand .

don't know either and that's why I'll be flying the old one too!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the state flag up here rather often, from public places to private homes... 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Heard they were gona do it but didnt know it would happen so soon. They cant get anything else done quickly but it guesse this more important.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Our state flag has changed a few times so I don't get all bent out of shape about it. Personally I see no need for or advantage of making this change.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I just don't care for the fact that they seem to think they can change history... 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I half expected to see the lgbtq rainbow in there somewhere
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
      I half expected to see the lgbtq rainbow in there somewhere

not yet any way...   thank fully!!!   

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Welp I bought the the one in the picture. I'm old and cranky, and I don't want to change to make some group happy.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Our state flag has changed a few times so I don't get all bent out of shape about it. Personally I see no need for or advantage of making this change.
I wouldn't mind if they changed it some. But what they are coming up with are God awful!  :puke:. The new state seal they are coming up with would have been better for a new flag then the final designs they have. I need to order an original too. And what ever happened to letting the people vote on the choices. Current or new design. Let the public decide.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The totally inept commission created a lot of rules and that is why it is so generic.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i couldnt agree with you guys more HD & JB!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They could've at least put some rocks and cows on it... :angry:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They could've at least put some rocks and cows on it... :angry:

If rocks and cows mattered they would have.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yupper... :coffee:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :puke: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: good gawd dotch......... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Just leave the flag alone.  How much money has already been spent to appease someone else?  Then how much money will be spent for EVERY state, county and city office to change flags?  Why?  Just because someone took offense to the current flag?  Just BS...find better things to do with their time then worrying about our state flag. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
 :surrender:

Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Couldn't agree more Leech and Roony. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the Hamms flag.  :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been ranting about this for a while over on the political board, put I'll but my final comments here.

Many of us feel this was unnecessary and a total waste of money.  Many of us were afraid they were going to mess it up.  And some bristle at the "woke mob" sticking their tentacles into everything.

All that aside, I was confused as to how many different "final" versions I saw over the past week:  the one that had the North Star, the snowflake, the green, white, and blue stripes arranged and re-arranged to match or not match the banding on the Somali flag, etc...

But here is is folks...  The final, final version.

My opinion...  I didn't think a redesign was necessary, but I don't thing they messed it up either.  This does look like a flag, and not like a mall banner like so many of the other finalists.  And I'm glad that they did consider playing around with the shape of the state (the dark blue field) to look more or less like the real shape of the state.  Bottom line...  I kinda agree the one they picked is the best of the bunch.

One last thing...  I'm guessing the inner circle of the deciding panel had this two-blue-color design decided upon back when they were showing us the 6 semi-final designs.  I think they were locked in and just went thru the motions of collecting feedback from the public to give us the illusion we were part of the process.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya pretty much seems like they herded everyone in the direction that they already wanted like you said. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya pretty much seems like they herded everyone in the direction that they already wanted like you said.
:tut: not all of us! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
Just more Minnesota Government BS. This state is becoming nothing more than a Mini California. Once I retire, I think I'm going to have to move out of this state, Just cant stand the political climate here anymore.
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."