Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Scrap metal guys.  (Read 822 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Do they exist anymore? I've got scrap laying around and I can't find anyone to take it. One guy said he would take it next weekend. That was three years ago. I had one guy take some scrap. Came home one day and he was going through an outbuilding. He said he thought I might be in there.

I just want the stuff gone. I don't want any money for it.  Anybody else have this problem?
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Don’t know anyone who will pick up small quantities, but there are guys you can deliver it to. Depending on the grade and the market when you deliver you might get paid. Copper and aluminum have value that should allow payment most of the time. Ferrous depends on the quantity and the exact makeup.
« Last Edit: December 12/20/23, 10:35:36 PM by fishwidow »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
      Do they exist anymore? I've got scrap laying around and I can't find anyone to take it. One guy said he would take it next weekend. That was three years ago. I had one guy take some scrap. Came home one day and he was going through an outbuilding. He said he thought I might be in there.

I just want the stuff gone. I don't want any money for it.  Anybody else have this problem?
Not sure where you live but if you were close to the cities. You just post a scrap metal "Curb alert" on Craigslist and it would be gone in about an hour!   :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we take it to the recycling place here..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I'm in Blue Earth County.
      Our recycling center won't take the bigger metal like the old riding mowers.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our landfill takes all scrap metal.  They don't pay you for it but you can drop it there.  They charge for appliances cuz they don't have much weight to them.  Put it at the end of the driveway and someone may take it. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here a couple local outfits buy scrap & some of the appliance outfits will still take your old stuff when you purchase a new one. Used to be some scrappers but the last 2 I know of checked out a couple years ago. They cleaned a lot of crap out of farmers groves in the meantime.
« Last Edit: December 12/21/23, 09:07:52 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Ask your local repair shop if they have a guy. I am in the north metro and have a guy for the shop, I am not sure he would take a riding mower but he has taken everything we have put out for him.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We got a place in Rush City that takes everything. Appliances they charge you for, but scrap metal, they pay you for.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Maybe I could turn a couple of the old riding mowers in to them racing mowers I've seen on them YouTube videos. A plan is forming. Maybe not a good plan but a plan anyway.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      Maybe I could turn a couple of the old riding mowers in to them racing mowers I've seen on them YouTube videos. A plan is forming. Maybe not a good plan but a plan anyway.

Sounds like fun, make sure somebody is videoing the carnage.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Keep an eye on the news. Look for a headline that says something like "Local Moron a Darwin Award Candidate".