Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: December mowing.  (Read 721 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I had a couple big patches of milkweed near the south end of the property. This morning I went out and took it all down. A couple of quick burning fires took care of that. Just for giggles, I decided to mow the taller grass and other weeds.
      With the mower deck at the highest setting, I mowed. I was smiling the whole time for some reason. My wife said I looked weirder than usual.
      BUT, I can now say I have mowed in December. Who says retirement doesn't have its thrills? I think I hear a celebratory beer calling my name.

I also learned that my mower has an automatic shut off feature. Just as I finished mowing, the engine stopped. It must be a safety feature. When the mower runs out of gas, the mower shuts off. Is that awesome, or what?
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd say that was a perfect pour - Garage Logic style!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
An automatic shut-off on a lawnmower when it runs out of fuel? In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, is there anything they can't do?
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
      I had a couple big patches of milkweed near the south end of the property. This morning I went out and took it all down. A couple of quick burning fires took care of that. Just for giggles, I decided to mow the taller grass and other weeds.
      With the mower deck at the highest setting, I mowed. I was smiling the whole time for some reason. My wife said I looked weirder than usual.
      BUT, I can now say I have mowed in December. Who says retirement doesn't have its thrills? I think I hear a celebratory beer calling my name.

I also learned that my mower has an automatic shut off feature. Just as I finished mowing, the engine stopped. It must be a safety feature. When the mower runs out of gas, the mower shuts off. Is that awesome, or what?

I bet you paid extra for that feature!!     Who is to think we would be mowing in Dec.  It has been raining most of the day and I think my grass is turning green.  This is nuts!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
got that right Scenic........ :confused: :crazy: where was this slow all day rain in june....july......august .....sept??? :scratch: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lite rain here too most all day...  and more coming!!   and snow yet they say...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was mist on the way to the Falls.  Just a nice spring day after that.  About 36 and nice with not a lot of wind.  Looked like windy type of clouds south of us though.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I cleared another small area of trees and brush last week. If the weather cooperates, I may mow it just so I can say I mowed in January.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.