Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: First stand up and ready  (Read 3275 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not one to let a good slash pile go to waste, we put a pop up blind on top. It took a bit of chainsaw work and engineering but we managed to get a level platform near the top of the slash pile left by the loggers last winter.  Time will tell if it pans out.  I plan to bait there in a week or so.  If nothing else, we can hunt it rain or shine.  Most likely will leave it up for deer hunting as well.  Maybe even turkey hunting in spring.  :rotflmao:

Bears eye view from where bait will be placed
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
 :shocked:Nice spot, but do you think a fabric blind is going to make it through the winter snows. 🤔
« Last Edit: August 08/13/21, 10:24:24 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Leech~~, you are right the snow would destroy the pop up blind for sure.  I'm sure it will be removed before winter hits us.  Sun and weather really takes a toll on these blinds. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Isn't it kinda treacherous getting up to it?

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rebel SS, yes it is. No worries about anyone raiding the stand. :rotflmao:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I know I’m preaching to the choir, but be carefol, DE.  Speaking from experience, those slash piles can be leg breakers.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I know I’m preaching to the choir, but be carefol, DE.  Speaking from experience, those slash piles can be leg breakers.
:happy1: i concur.......that aint no stand for us old farts with brittle bones!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

besides........that looks a a heck of a pile of firewood there!!!!!!!! :happy1:

good luck with that stand deadeye!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Now you got me all nervous about climbing up there. Not because I might slip and break a leg but because of all the BS I will have to put up with because of all the "I told You So's".   :doah:

The slash pile is on the right. This is the view north and east. I took this last winter shortly after logging was complete.

This is looking south. I plan to put the bait about 50 yard down the left side of the opening. The view has changed
quite a bit after one summer of growth.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Now you got me all nervous about climbing up there. Not because I might slip and break a leg but because of all the BS I will have to put up with because of all the "I told You So's".   :doah:

The slash pile is on the right. This is the view north and east. I took this last winter shortly after logging was complete.

This is looking south. I plan to put the bait about 50 yard down the left side of the opening. The view has changed
quite a bit after one summer of growth.

Just break out the chain saw and make a nice stair way on the back of the pile to the blind.   :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!