Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2009 Walleye Stamps Available  (Read 11116 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Here ya go........

From the DNR E-mail, the Walleye stamps are now ready to be sold:

Minnesota’s 2009 fishing licenses and the state’s first-ever walleye stamp now are on sale.

Anglers who purchase a license in early March can fish for 14 months as the license does not expire until April 30, 2010.

The state’s new walleye stamp also is on sale. The stamp, though not necessary to catch and keep walleye, is an innovative new way for anglers to voluntarily donate funds for walleye stocking and related activities.

“If you didn’t buy a license last year, now is the time to get one,” said Steve Michaels, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
(DNR) license center manager. “The 2009 license enables you to enjoy the last two months of the 2008 season plus all of 2009 season.”

The 2008 fishing licenses expire April 30, 2009.

Funds from the $5 walleye stamp validation will flow into a dedicated account for walleye stocking activities. For $2 more, the DNR will mail the actual stamp to you as a collector’s item.

“Minnesota artist Nick Reitzel painted a powerful image for the state’s first-ever walleye stamp,” Michaels said. “Purchasing the
2009 stamp is a way to own a piece of history, start a stamp collecting tradition and support Minnesota’s state fish.”

Minnesota fishing licenses are available at more than 1,800 vendors throughout the state, by phone at 1-888-665-4236 or online.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Got to love how you have to pay another two bucks to get the actual stamp.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline tmjhamann

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Boycotting here it makes me so  :censored:ing mad. What are they going to put a stamp on using the bathroom maybe.
Troy Hamann

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I refuse to buy a walleye stamp. No way in heck and you can't comvince me.....

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
I went in and bought my fishing license a few days ago and got a trout stamp, and also willingly paid the $5 for the walleye stamp.  Supposed (key word) to go to walleye stocking and habitat.  I guess Tim doesn't do much walleye fishing or doesn't care about them enough to buy the stamp.....
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
I refuse to buy a walleye stamp. No way in heck and you can't comvince me.....

You wont see me buying one either
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I guess Tim doesn't do much walleye fishing or doesn't care about them enough to buy the stamp.....

Its not that at all. Once the season opens I spend 80% of my fishing time on Mille Lacs chasing walleyes. I do care about the walleye and that is why I practice selectove harvest and handle my fish appropriately. What I do not care for is the way that moeny is wildly spent. Now with the economy going down the hill i'm sure they can and will find something else to do with your $5.00. And this whole option thing?? Just a phase in making it mandatory the way I read it.  :happy1:

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess Tim doesn't do much walleye fishing or doesn't care about them enough to buy the stamp.....

Its not that at all. Once the season opens I spend 80% of my fishing time on Mille Lacs chasing walleyes. I do care about the walleye and that is why I practice selectove harvest and handle my fish appropriately. What I do not care for is the way that moeny is wildly spent. Now with the economy going down the hill i'm sure they can and will find something else to do with your $5.00. And this whole option thing?? Just a phase in making it mandatory the way I read it.  :happy1:

While will admit the the DNR has a history of some bad spending habits, you have ne problem spending the money for a license even though you know that money will get "mis spent," right?   
« Last Edit: March 03/03/09, 11:48:38 AM by kingfisher1 »

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
but you "HAVE TO" have the license... it's law
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm just going with Tim's train of thought.    Since he doesn't want to give the DNR money for a walleye stamp because they mis spend it, then why would he want to give them money at all?

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
Minnesota has one of the highest resident license fee's if NOT the highest in the country.

I'll pass on the stamp as well...
Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

I'm just going with Tim's train of thought.    Since he doesn't want to give the DNR money for a walleye stamp because they mis spend it, then why would he want to give them money at all?

Because I have to buy a license....  :bonk:

If I HAD an option to buy a license I wouldnt buy a license either but its the law.  :police:

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Boycotting here it makes me so  :censored:ing mad. What are they going to put a stamp on using the bathroom maybe.

No, next thing will be coyote, crow, bowfishing for carp or something that is considered free by the state that is untouched by fees, licensing, permits, etc=revenue to the state.

Pretty much anything that is deemed fun and outdoor related seems to be fair game at some point or another.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline fubar

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
i think non-residents should have to buy the stamp, we dont do nearly enough damage to their wallets when they come to use our lakes. (compared to the nonres waterfowl in nodak) all they do is bitch about us shooting their ducks, we need to start getting back  training-087

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I think that sounds like a decent idea fubar. Optional for residents and mandatory for nonres.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Thats just great, another tax! I guess I will buy one though as I have All pheasant, trout and turkey stamps back to first of state. I don't mind funding what I enjoy if that was where the $ actually went. There would be no need for stamps if the license money did not go the general fund. As far as sticking it to nonresidents I think they pay enough already. Most are funding local bait stores and resorts to stay at etc. I may understand an extra fee for an Afghani but if you are an American in a free country I don't think you should pay more because you cross a states border.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline tuna

• Outdoorsman
another 7 $ is not going to break me . if its going to something we love
just relax

Offline snow

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bs: I wonder where the money will be spent for stocking... :bonk: Oh ya,URL...Once the netting starts,

Hevi Shot Pro Staff
Hevi Shot.com

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I have a hard time sticking any more than I have to into it. I didn't believe in the Clean Water bill and it looks like I had that right as far as not doing what they say with the money. I won't spend the extra for a walleye stamp with the assumption that it's going to go to stocking. I just don't see them doing anything but sqandering it away.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
A good alternative might be for them to sell walleye fingerlings and yearlings and let us fisherman stock the lakes. Then we KNOW where the money is going. What does everyone think of that?
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline trout whisperer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
buying that stamp......paying for the stamp....purchasing the stamp......id like givin booze to a drunk......

your encouraging the state......
trout whisperer author/guide

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
i think i will get one .....from what i have seen we do not pay a lot for a fishing lience ....i was in fl last week and one costed me $29 for one week of fishing .........and if the stap helps get more walleyes in lakes around my house (becouse all of my lakes are stocked) then im all for it

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
But it won't help 7outof10. Have you been watching the clean water bill? First things first right? Build a dog park!!! I'm not against a stamp, I'm against always sticking your hands out when you don't know how to budget or throw $300k parties.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline finch

• Outdoorsman
Minnesota has one of the highest resident license fee's if NOT the highest in the country.

I'll pass on the stamp as well...

you clearly haven't been to south dakota.  I pay almost double for a SD combination license as I do for a MN sportsman license.
"Give me your tired, your hungry, your poor... It's Americans that are tired, hungry, and poor.  so until you take care of that, close the book!" - Edward Norton, American History X

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I passed on the stamp. There are enough taxes going for that sort of stuff.

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
I think I'll pass on it as well. If I run into a CO stocking some walleyes maybe I'll buy him a burger or something, but I'm not going to contribute some half a million dollar retirement party or some other BS.
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Here's and update from the DNR:

More than 1,000 fishing enthusiasts have purchased Minnesota’s new walleye stamp that went on sale March 1.

The stamp, though not required to catch and keep walleye, is available now at all fishing license outlets. Proceeds will support walleye stocking. The stamp validation is $5. For $2 more, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will mail the actual artistic collector’s stamp to your home.

“This is an ideal year to start a walleye stamp art collection for you or your children,” said Steve Michaels of the DNR’s License Center. “With a single purchase you support walleye stocking, acquire a piece of history and can begin a low-cost, life-long hobby.”

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
   Can you say mandatory with in a 5 years? After all the money from the NEW TAX all you fools voted in is spent building dog parks and art sculptures in the metro by recommendation of the Lessard's Outdoor Heritage Council, they will need the funds from someplace.
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
5??  more like 2 I am betting.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy