Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1510955 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey nice fork Bobb.  I have one that I usually post in food threads that is a basic strong cutlery thing.  Maybe from a school or whatever.  I will post it again.  My favorite fork.  LOLOL

Online Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Tonight I made Ritz Cracker Chicken in the oven paired with broccoli from my garden (I package and freeze it during harvest) and a garlic butter pasta! 😋😋
~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds and looks great!!  did you stuff the chicken too??  and the food is touching!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The chicken isn't stuffed, just coated with crushed crackers and seasonings. John was surprised my food was touching tonight too!!! 😅 He even felt my forehead! I guess some foods are allowed to touch after all. 🤷‍♀️
~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well done!!  and the picture made me think it was stuffed!!!   to funny on John checking you for a fever!!!!     :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Breakfast for supper tonight....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OOOH that looks like a great eat!!!   I love breakfast anytime too.  And a great combo of flavors.  I would think I could eat 5 sausages but in reality I could not.
« Last Edit: April 04/25/24, 05:17:25 PM by LPS »

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      HD, the only thing missing is a big glass of milk.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
HD and milk  :surrender: :rotflmao: yea right. Well the beer he drinks  may ascwrll be! :crazy: :rotflmao: :mooning:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yum for sure!!! Big glass of Tomato beer would be perfect.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We got dessert covered... :coffee:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yum for sure!!! Big glass of Tomato beer would be perfect.
:scratch: We call 'em a red beer down south. ;) :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A red beer sounds pretty darn good too.  Or heck a bloody mary with olives pickles etc.

Online Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Happy Friday! I made some gooey cinnamon rolls in the office kitchen this morning and they're great with a hot cuppa coffee. 😋😋

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Friday! I made some gooey cinnamon rolls in the office kitchen this morning and they're great with a hot cuppa coffee. 😋😋

Wish your office was closer!!!!!!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Needs more frosting, but otherwise they look great!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have similar tastes then Coop.  LOLOL

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This is all Sharon's fault!! :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I almost bought a package of blueberry old fashioned donuts today too..   but I passed... :pouty:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see glenn is trying for his A1C personal best... :happy1: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see glenn is trying for his A1C personal best... :happy1: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :happy1: maybe!!!!! :pouty:

i can do really good for a long time.........then all hell breaks loose with the sweets.. :pouty:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
I almost bought a package of blueberry old fashioned donuts today too..   but I passed... :pouty:
I almost passed on two Grain Belt Nordeast, but I didn't.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Blueberry donuts.  Oh ya.  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I got my blood work back last nite. Was a little bummed but not surprised. My A1C put me just over the line into the "diabetic" category. After consulting with a couple "experts" however, I felt better about my numbers. My younger brother has been an insulin user for ~ 20 yrs. after they scraped him up off the floor when he went into a diabetic coma. The friend who owns the office building is also diabetic. Along with diet changes & oral medication, he's got it under control. When he heard my numbers, he kinda laughed and said he wished his were that good. Nevertheless, I gotta try to watch the carbs more. Hard when I get no support from the Mrs. I love carbs and I must burn off a fair amount of them but it ain't quite enough. The doc hasn't got back to me yet but both from my panel of experts said they'd be surprised if the prescribed any meds. Metformin was mentioned. Cheap enough & with diet would control matters well they thought. Annaway, as Sid Hartman used to say, I'm forging ahead. I can't avoid carbs altogether but I can try to cook things that aren't so loaded. There's BBQ sauce my brother uses that has no carbs. Very good when I tried it a few years back. Should be able to get it at Sly Vee or Wally World. All is not lost.

The omelet from tonite is an example. Used onion, Swiss, mushrooms and imitation crab legs. Very similar to an omelet from one of the Sunday a.m. hangover places on University in St. Paul we used to frequent. Oh and sausages from Neighbor's Meats in Bugtussle on the side. Those are better than the hangover place. 
« Last Edit: April 04/26/24, 08:32:36 PM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2 or 3 years ago my A1C numbers were real high...  well over 8...   I changed my diet up got it back to just over 6..  took some time but I got there...   good luck Dotch!!! 

carb free BBQ sauce??? 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is the king of omelets there Dotch.  Man that sounds great.  A buddy of mine was always about 50 lbs over weight.  His belly was rock hard too.  LOL  Diabetic for sure.  He got serious about his diet and lost the 50 lbs and feels better and avoided shots.  He still has good food but not as big of quantities and really watches sugar.  Crab meat???   I need to get stocked up to make an omelet like that.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It was tasty! Can't recall the name of the place we went on University that used to make those omelets. It was between that place and The Flameburger over on Larpenteur Sunday mornings. Could soak up a lot of leftover booze at either place! :happy1:

Ya I need to lose some lbs. too. I'd be happy with 10 - 15 lbs., 20 if I get a bug up my asset. The days of me weighing in at 145 ~25 years ago are over methinks. That took running 20 - 30 miles/week & that ain't gonna happen. As they say, it's a lot harder to take it off than it is to put it on especially at this age. Some other things I want to explore are lactose-free milk and the Fairlife filtered milk my brother uses some. About 1/2 the carbs of regular milk. Attached is a pic of the BBQ sauce. This flavor in particular is one of his faves & I think it's the kind he used on some pork steaks I had a few years back. This was the 1st A1C they ran on me so it'll set a starting point. Breakfast will be the hardest place for me to adapt methinks. I loves me cereal, French toast, pancakes and hashbrowns.  :sad:
« Last Edit: April 04/27/24, 08:12:51 AM by Dotch »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a hard time making an omelet look so good too.  Sometimes they end up scrambled.  I need practice.