Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Mississippi River Pool 4  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Loren Waalkens

• Outdoorsman
For those who are looking for some open water action the dam at Red Wing is still a good choice. There are still fish being caught by those hearty enough to venture out. The best methods are still pulling plastics slowly upstream and slow vertical jigging drifting down. I talked to my friend Dean today at Everts resort and he says that the landings there are open and in good shape. Thanks Dean. I would anticipate that there will be more floating ice than usual as the nuke plant has shut down for maintainence and won't be firing back up for a couple more weeks, so keep an eye out for floaters... The Lake Pepin ice bite has still been going strong for eyes and saugers in the upper third of the lake and I am thinking that with a stable forcast for this weekend that should be a great option. These fish have been holding deep and roaming making it somewhat tough to predict the bite each outing. I feel real fortunate to be living in an area that offers the best of both worlds, gotta love the river. Good luck to all and see you on the water.

Loren Waalkens
" Loren's Mississippi River Guide Service"